TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

19 hours ago, RideThroughTime said:

I don't usually editorialize on this site but...red, white, and blue was what The Racer was painted for for 20 seasons. It was hardly just the Brady Bunch that saw the ride in that state.

Ayy he is human after all! I'm just kidding, kid. I just find the Americana theme tacky these days. But yay for fresh paint.

44 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Why?

It looks nice standalone like at the original Americana or Coney Island Cincy but when it's against the rest of the modern park with Orion looming, a huge 300ft swing, and Stunt spewing fire across the midway it feels like a contrast. Vortex is gone and that removed a chunk of the ambiance as well with the classic Arrow lift chain, cerchunking trains. 

Oh but I did forget this is the park that does the pledge of allegiance before the gates open every day so take my personal preference with a grain of salt, haha. This fits perfectly. Nevermind. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t miss your chance to pick up a signed copy of Kings Island: A Ride Through Time on April 29 at the Kings Island Collections gift shop. From 1-3 p.m., you can get it signed by yours truly, PLUS two amusement park industry leaders: Dennis Speigel, CEO of International Theme Park Services, and Mike Koontz, Vice President and General Manager of Kings Island!

B9F4017D-3F7A-43D1-912C-CB6963392AB5.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/31/2022 at 8:40 PM, PKI Jizzman said:

Oh but I did forget this is the park that does the pledge of allegiance before the gates open every day so take my personal preference with a grain of salt, haha. This fits perfectly. Nevermind. 

If by "Pledge of Allegiance" you mean "National Anthem," then yes, as does every Cedar Fair park I've been to.

• Like 2

^ The exception I found about 8 years ago was Canada's Wonderland. I understand this, but they didn't even have an American flag at the entry way. They had to have at least 15 - 20 different country flags displayed. I asked about it. No intelligent response from anyone there! I said Cedar Fair is a US corporation, and I'm sure at least half of their visitors were from the US. Not sure if that ever got resolved. I hope so.

1 hour ago, coasternut said:

^ The exception I found about 8 years ago was Canada's Wonderland. I understand this, but they didn't even have an American flag at the entry way. They had to have at least 15 - 20 different country flags displayed. I asked about it. No intelligent response from anyone there! I said Cedar Fair is a US corporation, and I'm sure at least half of their visitors were from the US. Not sure if that ever got resolved. I hope so.

Canada's Wonderland does play the Canadian National Anthem around the time the park does open, but it may not always be heard depending on noise and if the speakers at the front gate are working properly. The flags displayed on the entrance represent the 13 provinces and territories in Canada. The other flags at the entrance to the Grande World Exposition of 1890 section off of International Street are replica flags of countries from a long time ago based on the ones that attended World Expositions around that time.

Sure, the park could erect an American flag, but they never have in the 41 years of operation despite being owned by American companies throughout its whole existence. Many people know it is and has always been American owned, so having a flag or not having a flag makes no real difference in my opinion. :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coasternut said:

I'm sure at least half of their visitors were from the US.

So a park in another country, not even at the edge of the border, near a major Canadian city, sees more foreign visitors than Canadians? Curious where you got that stat from... -- anyways, yeah, what Johnlloyd said.

Anyways... back to Kings Island... and editing my post...

Edited by anonymouscactus
Oops... all berries! And wrong thread!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Apparently two of Orion's trains bumped this evening. Anyone have any more info?

I've seen this as well.  Also seeing reports of folks stabbed at the new campground.  Active night in Mason.

I was on the valleyed invertigo train yesterday morning around 11:10am. I was in row 14 and the ride was running like it normally does... until I felt the trims after the loop and knew something wasn't right and exactly knew what was happening. It was indeed a little scary going "almost upside down" and flopping a bit in my seat in once instance while the train was being gently slowed and stopping and rolling backwards. Being in row 14 meant I was the last to be removed as they had to unload the whole train  with a scissor-like lift platform and since I was over the queue awning, they had to release the brake and the train was able to lower a few more feet. They did a great job and i was off in about 30 minutes or so. They were on it.