TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Bert I've been debating for Coasterstock too. In the past when it was on a Friday/Saturday in May it wasn't needed, but now that it is in July, I'm thinking about it. We will have to discuss, lol.

I can tell you every single coaster will be on ert at some point and they will probably finish the second night with Beast open a half hour later than all the others, like after midnight later which is super insane

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jonskinny12 said:

I've never heard of this. I always go to the booth just inside the gate or the store by Banshee. But are you saying you if you've already purchased it you can pick it up at the gate? Is this true for other CF parks?

They mean at the booth near the front gate.  You don't get your Fast Lane wristband *at* the gate when they scan your ticket/pass.

@bert425I'd get it for Saturday definitely.  It's such a treat at this park...literally every ride except Flight of Fear dumps you right into the station.  Just try to hit Bat and Woodstock Express early (they're the only adult-ride-able coasters that aren't on FL).

And in other news...

Area 72 Launch Party set to open May 29 

Lights, action, dancers, a D.J. and other surprises await you at the Area 72 Launch Party. Opening May 29, this one-of-a-kind fireworks pre-show party runs from 9-10 p.m. on nights the park closes at 10 p.m. or later. Elsewhere in the park, Center Stage, Live and The PEANUTS Gallery also open May 29. Three other shows, Brew Beatz, Busker Jam and Stick(y) Paint, open the following week on June 5.

Sound cool, but not cooler than an end-of-the-night Beast ride LOL.

@KIEnthusiast, you should have done a quote with the information from the Tweet in addition to linking it.   Particularly because now the Twitter link is dead.

• Confused 1

The hits continue with Cedar Fair.  Kings Island had to shut down their gate due to capacity today.  If you bought tickets but cannot get it, they will be good any other day you choose.  Wow.

Sounds like Kings Island had to close some lines off early yesterday as well.  Also seeing several posts online about a lot of fighting amongst the crowds yesterday. 

Maybe it actually is worth stopping by the park one of these next few weeks, just to catch some of this can't-miss drama :D 

Edit: Here's a quick news article about it.

4 hours ago, dankeykang said:

Sounds like Kings Island had to close some lines off early yesterday as well.  Also seeing several posts online about a lot of fighting amongst the crowds yesterday. 

Maybe it actually is worth stopping by the park one of these next few weeks, just to catch some of this can't-miss drama :D 

Edit: Here's a quick news article about it.

This sounds more like Great Adventure in Jersey than K.I. That's especially true on a Saturday afternoon back by Nitro. Lot's of line jumping...

So now that my aforementioned trip got kinda flip-flopped, what shoulf I expect crowd wise on the Tuesday and Wednesday after Memorial Day? Hoping not to have to buy Fastlane now if crowds are projected to be light enough. Bummed to be missing 10 pm closings for night rides.

Also, probably going to the Wednesday Reds game instead. Also a day game. Lol

"They did respond to these calls and noone was arrested."

Thank God. I'm glad the other paying customers were able to cooperate and cut their nights short to make sure the troublemakers causing a dangerous volatile environment left. We need to all step up and cater to the violence.

1 hour ago, prozach626 said:

"They did respond to these calls and noone was arrested."

Thank God. I'm glad the other paying customers were able to cooperate and cut their nights short to make sure the troublemakers causing a dangerous volatile environment left. We need to all step up and cater to the violence.

They need to start requiring adult supervision for anyone under 21, clearly they can't behave. At least then maybe the adults can be arrested for their kid's actions. Ban them all to, and actually hire more guards and actual law enforcement to patrol more. If anyone should be getting more per hour it's the security teams.

On 5/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, CNYCoasterguy11 said:

They need to start requiring adult supervision for anyone under 21, clearly they can't behave. At least then maybe the adults can be arrested for their kid's actions. Ban them all to, and actually hire more guards and actual law enforcement to patrol more. If anyone should be getting more per hour it's the security teams.

This is all a bit of an overreaction.

I'm assuming that the reason Kentucky Kingdom's rule only applies to people under the age of 16 is that they're hiring 16-year-olds to run their rides on their employment page as we speak. They do have some positions for 14-year olds but not many of them seem to be unfilled on the website and they don't seem to be as desperate for staff as Cedar Fair parks are.

It would be a weird look to tell people that they don't trust 16-year-olds to go to the park without starting a riot but they 100% trust them to operate multi-million-dollar rides full of guests safely without killing anyone / handle guests money / work in guest-facing positions all day. Also, "Free admission to the park on your days off." is the first benefit listed on their employment page. Since working there offers no real benefits whatsoever aside from that and "cheap pizza and soda", there's nothing they can do about that and every theme park would be in the same boat. Kings Island hires 14 year olds also and once again, the only "benefits" are "Come to the park for free". Sure, they would probably make exceptions for their employees but "No benefits, you can't hang out with any of your friends here on your days off but you can buy soda for a dollar and ride the Beast by yourself" is not going to get you a ton of takers when you're more desperate for employees than you've ever been in the entire history of the park / chain.

There's not a simple solution here. I'm assuming they'll bring in some more security for awhile and that will be the end of it.

• Like 1

So it seems that I have inadvertently booked a trip (my first, yay!) to KI that happens to be during Coasterstock. Any idea how big Coasterstock has been in the past? Big enough to fill up Fast Lane queues during regular hours? I know this year everything is a little different, so I guess I'll be planning for Fast Lane either way now...

5 hours ago, josephcissell said:

So it seems that I have inadvertently booked a trip (my first, yay!) to KI that happens to be during Coasterstock. Any idea how big Coasterstock has been in the past? Big enough to fill up Fast Lane queues during regular hours? I know this year everything is a little different, so I guess I'll be planning for Fast Lane either way now...

I want to say that at the last Coasterstock in 2019 they had in the neighborhood of 500 people. But I am not sure where I got that number, someone else might be able to confirm or tell me if I am way off base. As far as the attendees influencing the FL lines...........many will not get FL because you get to go on every coaster at some point during ert over the two days and many will use the afternoons to leave the park and take a break; on the other hand it will be in July for the first time and I am guessing park attendance will be high along with all the extra Coasterstock people. So the answer to the FL question is the same as any other day. If you want every coaster and re rides and have the money get them it will be worth it. If you have multiple days and are satisfied with whatever you get and/or cannot afford it, don't get them. I really don't think Coasterstock is the influencer on FL.

• Like 2