TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I thought you were beating a dead horse with the haiku, but that one got me! 🤣

I'm not much of a craft beer/microbrewery beer drinker anymore, but that looks damned good. It might be heavy though, so it's probably a kickoff beer, before switching to piss water.

• Like 1

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this... I mean yeah, I'm sure it'll taste good, but taking a product clearly targeted for children and turning it into an adult beverage just doesn't seem right...

A four-pack for $12.99 is a bargain, though.

2 hours ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Enjoy a cold one

Pour one out for your homies

Bam! You just bought two.

⛩️

When Haiku is good

I feel very "Japanese"

And want some sake'

^ So don't drink it, then. And puh-lease. Every kids' fave candy and theme park snack has been (eventually) turned into something "adult," IMhO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Unfortunately Melt isn't on the meal plan at CP....but all of you casting dispersion on it, what is wrong with you?  Not only is their standard grilled cheese awesome, their grilled cheese burger is quite good and their "fried mac & cheese on a grilled cheese" is incredible.  The mac & cheese side is also pretty damned good, and they're a full service bar so you can get your drink on too.

Tom + Chee thankfully is on the meal plan at KI (but sadly only the standard offerings).  Their most awesome, the grilled cheese donut, is not.

Miami River Brewhouse is also a great food option at KI, and has the bonus of being a full service bar as well.  Them, and Tom + Chee, are why I always get the all-day dining plan at KI.

Just don't bother trying the pizza, neither from the one near Beast, the one in the Festhaus, nor the one on international street - it is all disgusting.  The breadsticks are pretty good though.

I wasn't really casting dispersions on Melt. My Dad and Son both had a great dishes there. I think for me it was a rare case of just ordering the wrong thing. I am totally willing to try it again. 

Unfortunately the couple of times I have tried to eat at MRB it always had a super long line and I can't drink at theme parks. Will get in one of these days.

15 hours ago, dankeykang said:

I'm actually not sure how I feel about this... I mean yeah, I'm sure it'll taste good, but taking a product clearly targeted for children and turning it into an adult beverage just doesn't seem right...

Dude, I hope you're not being serious. If you are, this is exactly why we can't have anything fun anymore.

I don't see anywhere this is marketed toward children. I'm positive there isn't an age limit to ice cream. I think I've even seen my 80 year old in laws eating it, as bizarre as that sounds.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

Dude, I hope you're not being serious. If you are, this is exactly why we can't have anything fun anymore.

I don't see anywhere this is marketed toward children. I'm positive there isn't an age limit to ice cream. I think I've even seen my 80 year old in laws eating it, as bizarre as that sounds.

And alcoholic ice cream isnt a new concept. 

Reminds me of the people in WDW groups on Facebook that cry "think of the children!" when people leave their leftover beers outside their door at checkout. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, teacherkim said:

I wasn't really casting dispersions on Melt. My Dad and Son both had a great dishes there. I think for me it was a rare case of just ordering the wrong thing. I am totally willing to try it again. 

Unfortunately the couple of times I have tried to eat at MRB it always had a super long line and I can't drink at theme parks. Will get in one of these days.

I didn't think you were.

And yeah, MRB always tends to have a line...I always just bypass it and tell the host/hostess I'm going to sit at the bar LOL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Haymaker said:

And alcoholic ice cream isnt a new concept. 

Reminds me of the people in WDW groups on Facebook that cry "think of the children!" when people leave their leftover beers outside their door at checkout. 

Ironic because one of the strongest drinks I've ever had was essentially a rum milkshake at Typhoon Lagoon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teacherkim said:

Ironic because one of the strongest drinks I've ever had was essentially a rum milkshake at Typhoon Lagoon

Besides the fact that most kids arent roaming the halls of Pop Century looking for unattended crispy bois lol

Planning an Ohio trip the Sunday-Wednesday surrounding Memorial Day. The bare bones plan is to fly into Detroit Sunday morning (it's way cheaper than Cleveland or Cincy), spend the rest of Sunday and all of Monday at KI, then Tuesday and Wednesday at CP. The absolutely insane plan is to potentially add in a Tigers game Sunday, Reds game Monday, Indians game Tuesday, and Football HOF visit Tuesday or Wednesday. Feel like I won't end up doing most of that, but the final result will hopefully include at least the Reds game.

Enough baseball... My biggest question is how insane does KI get on Memorial Day weekend? Should I budget for FP+? I like to reride things to a point, but dont necessarily need 10 laps on everything. I would have the patience to wait about an hour a couple times for things like Orion, DB, MT, and Banshee but if the lines are likely to be much longer then I would want to get FP+. I'll have a half day on Sunday and a good chunk of Monday (minus 5 hours if I leave to go to the Reds game, which is at 1:00) so should have a combined 12 hours for the park.

Been trying to sift through the beer and food recommendations from the last few pages and pretty excited to check out all these choices. Can anyone sum up a couple must-haves for food and beer?

Sounds like Ohio is pretty much restriction-free now. Are all the rides back to full capacity? SFNE looks to be stuck in the stone ages of July 2020 with 1/2 full trains so the biggest reason for planning this trip is that hopefully no painfully slow lines will be present.

Super pumped to hopefully get back to KI. Last time I was there was 14 years ago, when the only things to look forward to were Beast and maybe Flight of Fear and otherwise got to experience meh stuff like Vortex, Son of Beast (wasn't THAT bad post loop), Invertigo, and Firehawk. This place has some so far since I've been there and I've seen multiple people declare it to be a more fun park than CP. 

- Budget for Fastlane Plus.

- Go the Miami River Brewhouse and get the Giga Coaster beer, sit on the back deck. If they still have the pretzel with beer cheese, get that

- The rides are back to full capacity. Masks are not required anywhere except for indoors or if you're somewhere where you can social distance but everything is always subject to change from day-to-day.

Yeah get a fastlane, ride the Beast Orion and Mystic Timbers a few times then go to three baseball games.

(I say this as a dude whose been to all 30 ...err 29 ballparks. & heading to Arlington next week and maybe will stop at Over Texas.  Those 3 parks are top 10.  There's something about the midwest and baseball... I guess roller coasters too.)

24 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

- Budget for Fastlane Plus.

- Go the Miami River Brewhouse and get the Giga Coaster beer, sit on the back deck. If they still have the pretzel with beer cheese, get that

- The rides are back to full capacity. Masks are not required anywhere except for indoors or if you're somewhere where you can social distance but everything is always subject to change from day-to-day.

CDC just (like in the last hour) announced those vaccinated don't need masks indoors OR outdoors.

so I expect new guidelines from the park prior to the upcoming Holiday weekend.

54 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Except Flight of Fear, and probably Boo Blasters...cause indoors.

@ZandGet a Fast Lane+ on Monday; I'd skip it on Sunday unless you're going to be there for a while.  Miami River Brewhouse, as stated above, and Tom+Chee.

I wonder how they'll enforce the vaccination standards. Hand stamps or wrist bands???

I wouldn't be surprised if the parks will keep the policies as already announced this year, since most of them have lightened up. 

3 hours ago, Kstr737 said:

Yeah get a fastlane, ride the Beast Orion and Mystic Timbers a few times then go to three baseball games.

(I say this as a dude whose been to all 30 ...err 29 ballparks. & heading to Arlington next week and maybe will stop at Over Texas.  Those 3 parks are top 10.  There's something about the midwest and baseball... I guess roller coasters too.)

Haha probably not going with the fully ambitious plan. Like I said, if I get to any it'll be Cincy. I'm in Cleveland/CP almost annually so I can go to the Indians (or after this year, the Cleveland Politically Correct Baseball Team) and Football HOF on one of those trips. Went to the Rock Hall a couple years ago which was pretty cool, but not something I really need to go back to. And then Detroit/Comerica Park I honestly don't care as much about. Always heard good things about Great American Ballpark and I don't get to Cincy nearly as often, so that's the priority game of the three. Will try to get to Skyline Chili while I'm in town too.

I've done a Knoebels/CP/Kennywood/Hershey trip 4 times now and have always planned it around the Pirates being at home. I've been to PNC more times than Fenway in the last 10 years. Even stopped in Altoona two of those times for a Curve game, which is also a really nice AA park.

Now to figure out how to get a 4 day car rental for less than $400...

3 minutes ago, Zand said:

Now to figure out how to get a 4 day car rental for less than $400...

You may have to expand that to $500 or so.  Hertz is showing me rentals starting at $99 a day before fees from Detroit Airport on the days you're going.  Sadly another tragedy of the COVID shutdowns were rental car companies selling off large portions of their fleet, and now that more people are traveling, demand is outstripping supply.

14 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

You may have to expand that to $500 or so.  Hertz is showing me rentals starting at $99 a day before fees from Detroit Airport on the days you're going.  Sadly another tragedy of the COVID shutdowns were rental car companies selling off large portions of their fleet, and now that more people are traveling, demand is outstripping supply.

Got a refundable reservation through Hertz for $400. That will probably be the lowest I can find.

Also booked the flight this morning...dirt cheap to Detroit on JetBlue for some reason. Can't complain about that.

See you in 16 days, Orion!

On 5/13/2021 at 7:12 PM, Zand said:

I've been to PNC more times than Fenway in the last 10 years.

PNC is awesome...  If I had a top 10 it would be something like this.:

1. Yankee Stadium 2. PNC 3. Camden 4. Magnum XL 200 5. Comerica 6. Dodger 7. Progressive (cause I was Game 5 2017 ALDS) 8. Fenway (this should be higher but I’m a Yankees fan) 9. Great American 10. Coors

Skyline is legit.  You have your priorities in order.

• Like 1

So I'm here an hour and a half before opening and there's like 100 cars in front of me. Yeah that all season fast lane was worth it LOL.

• Like 1

Just had my longest wait of the day (with FL+): for two sandwiches at Tom + Chee at around 45 minutes LOL. Cedar Fair, if you're listening, I've got a great idea to make some more money: Fast Lane for restaurants. Make it happen.

• Like 1