TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

10 hours ago, CoasterGuy06 said:

Don't know if I buy the "why Orion is smaller than Fury" story though 🤣. 

I believe

it. Mike Koonts in the conclusion

says he wants to make King's Island a family park

What he says about Orion

fits with what he says later

Here are the official guidelines from the website. Link

Reservations will only be required for visiting Soak City Water Park. Both Season Passholders and Single Day Ticketholders will need reservations for Soak City. 

Temperature checks for guests have been discontinued at the front gate. 

The health screen questionnaire will be conducted by associates at the front gate and will not be conducted  through the Kings Island mobile app. 

There will be no limitations to ride capacity for most rides. 

Guests aged 10 years and older are required to wear face coverings while indoors, unless actively eating and drinking. Face coverings are not required outdoors unless it is not possible to maintain 6’ of social distancing. Face coverings should completely cover the nose and mouth, and not have exhalation valves or vents, which allows virus particles to escape. 

I love all of this. Masks work, but when everyone who wants a vaccine can pretty much get one it makes sense to phase them out in areas (see: outdoors). It should be noted that you still need to wear them where social distancing is not possible.

PS: It seems like the president is expected to make a statement on this today anyway and the park will probably just be falling in line with new guidance from the CDC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tndank said:

Cedar Fair: No more temp checks, all rides should be a full capacity, no facemasks outside or if under age 10.  

Sounding good Cedar Fair. Good work.

Not everywhere for the no-masks-outdoors sadly, KD is still requiring them at all times outside of RelaxZones or water stuff.  Guess they're taking a state-by state approach; good for them on that.

2 hours ago, coasterbill said:

PS: It seems like the president is expected to make a statement on this today anyway and the park will probably just be falling in line with new guidance from the CDC.

agreed. .whatever the President notes in Statement today, I suspect will be Federal Guidance, and most theme parks will fall in line with those recommendations (most, not all, because some States are going to raise a stink regardless of what the new guidelines may be - even if President Biden were to say today: Masks no longer required ?   Some States would complain it's too soon.. . so I'm not pointing my comment that "States will raise a stink regardless" only at States run by a certain party).   

but ultimately, they will be guidelines, and the Chains will do what they want to do.

that said?   I"m at Kings Island for Coasterstock in July, and will be wearing my masks the whole time around other people (except when eating with those who have also been vaccinated already).

it's the Patriotic thing to do:  to care about your fellow Americans regardless if they care about themselves.

• Like 1

For the record I don't understand why they would announce this in the morning when they know that the president is likely to relax guidelines later today anyway. From a PR perspective it would be so much easier to let the CDC announce this first and then say "In-line with new CDC guidance here is our new policy" rather than announce it first. Maybe they felt like playing a practical joke on their social media and PR people?

This is what I wrote back in our Facebook TPR Group:

I think most of us realize we don't REALLY need masks outdoors when we can distance, but the problem boils down to when you give an inch, someone will take a mile! It's easier to just have a blanket MASKS AT ALL TIMES rule, then trying to enforce masks sometimes, but not always, and judge when you can distance or not type thing. This is just going to lead to no masks anywhere.  I have a kid who can't get the vaccine yet (hoping her age group is approved soon!!!) and I want to try and at least be somewhat safe with her. 

• Like 4

Im just excited to be going to parks again! That I can put my CF platinum pass to use, get to move beyond the 2 towns that have been my life the past year! Been wanting to get back to KI since I went in 2018? God I dont even remember ha 
Speaking of....I see the KI FastLane is now on sale. 

OK so on normal days, what crowds would be expected on a weekday in Early June/are schools out? Last time park was quiet, no need for a FastLane but ya know...things are a little weird these days. I dont think I'm gunna pull the trigger on it, but is tempting. 

It looks like reservations only need to be made for Soak City.  Can anyone else verify this, or am I staring at something and completely missing it?   

Made my CP reservation earlier, trying to get in to make a Carowinds reservation now.  It says there is "over an hour wait".  Can we use our season long FastLane to jump this line?  🙃

Edit: just saw it on the website that it's only for SC.  My apologies for being a dumb old man...

A nice touch.  I guess the wooden block-style logos that made up the originals would've been too much (and a return to buzz-bars and skid brakes, LOL), but still a nice touch.  Nostalgia is always good.

This Saturday the 8th? It's pass-holders only so not likely to be too bad.

Next Saturday the 15th?  Weather Channel is calling for 73 degrees and partly cloudy.  I'd say it'll probably be a mess, between new employees, early-season bugs, crowds of people eager to get out and do something now that they're vaccinated, perfect amusement park weather....yeah, likely a mess.  Better splurge for that FL+.

I'll be there the evening of the 14th and all day on the 15th myself, but I've got a Platinum Pass with the All-Season FL+ so I'm not worried.

Yeah I think people underestimate just how many passholders Kings Island has.  I stopped by for a few hours yesterday but once I saw that the line for Chick-fil-A had nearly reached the Eiffel Tower, it was definitely time to bail. 

It was nice to see full trains on Orion and Diamondback back to running all three trains.   

For those desperate for details, I'll be going next weekend and will be sure to provide a comprehensive report.