TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

On 4/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, BitterOldHag said:

I told a friend of mine that I had spent $800+ on a Platinum Pass and FL and was roundly laughed at.  We'll see who's laughing when I walk past them in the Steel Vengeance line and get on twice before they even move.  :)

It very well may be your friends laughing at the person hanging out all by themself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

It very well may be your friends laughing at the person hanging out all by themself.

Hey now, I hang out by myself at parks all the time.  The last time I went to a park with someone was 2019, pre-COVID.

• Like 1

Ironically I don't typically enjoy a day at my homepark alone, but I am more than comfortable hoping on a plane or driving to some new park and spending the day by myself.   Probably cause I'm exploring and enjoying everything a new to me park has to offer while at CP or KI (two closest "homeparks") I feel that I have been there and done it all so I prefer company.  

But there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying a park by yourself.  

True freedom is when you become comfortable enough to go to movie theaters alone.  

Fair, also depends on the mindset. Like, I'd say I deff have a better experience with others, but unless Im with fellow enthusiasts (which has only happened like 3 times in my life) I just wont do as much/quite what I want and generally expect a more chill day and less interest about riding stuff and some more about hanging out. Which is perfectly fine! 

If I go solo, I can maximize. Like I know I'll be there at open, can move at the speed I want, do the day how I want, move at a pace others dont and gunna skim/cut other things to get the most rides done. Which I enjoy as well. Nothing like a plan going perfectly and you can just beast a park. 

Just depends how I'm feeling/keeping it in mind. A park w/ fellow enthusiasts yeah that's the golden ticket but Im not so lucky.....my friends tend to drift lazily around and stop frequently and not really care about gate opening/beating crowds which was unfortunate at CP when they decided nothing more than 30 mins wait (lol) so it was the antique cars, log flume a few times, the mine ride I think. I shared this story here before but it cost me my 1st ride of Maverick. They didnt know...coasters are coasters, I did say oh hey I missed this last time would realllly like to do it an hour sucks but itll be worth it but nope. So I think for a while I had a backlash against doing parks with people LOL

40 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Fair, also depends on the mindset. Like, I'd say I deff have a better experience with others, but unless Im with fellow enthusiasts (which has only happened like 3 times in my life) I just wont do as much/quite what I want and generally expect a more chill day and less interest about riding stuff and some more about hanging out. Which is perfectly fine! 

If I go solo, I can maximize. Like I know I'll be there at open, can move at the speed I want, do the day how I want, move at a pace others dont and gunna skim/cut other things to get the most rides done. Which I enjoy as well. Nothing like a plan going perfectly and you can just beast a park. 

Just depends how I'm feeling/keeping it in mind. A park w/ fellow enthusiasts yeah that's the golden ticket but Im not so lucky.....my friends tend to drift lazily around and stop frequently and not really care about gate opening/beating crowds which was unfortunate at CP when they decided nothing more than 30 mins wait (lol) so it was the antique cars, log flume a few times, the mine ride I think. I shared this story here before but it cost me my 1st ride of Maverick. They didnt know...coasters are coasters, I did say oh hey I missed this last time would realllly like to do it an hour sucks but itll be worth it but nope. So I think for a while I had a backlash against doing parks with people LOL

I am fairly similar when I visit the parks.  When I'm with friends and family, it's more about enjoying the park at a leisurely pace than riding as many rides as I can.  I'll still get there before park opening, but I'll let who I'm with dictate how the day goes.  But when I visit a park by myself, especially when I've traveled to the park, it's all about quantity and squeezing in as many rides as possible.  The most rides I've ever gotten in a single day was 52 at SF Great America about 4-5 years ago when they still allowed double-rides with the Platinum Flash Pass.  My CP record is 40 rides with FL Plus back in 2016, and that included 10 rides each on Maverick and TTD. 

• Like 1

He posts a lot on King Island Central. Seems like a good kid. Mine shipped a day or two ago. Looking forward to it. 

It was supposed to be out last year but then you know. He took time to add more and is really proud of it. Good stuff. He's talked to and interviewed a bunch of people and seems to know a good amount. 

That's neat, gotta admire the passion. I used to kinda suppress this stuff bc idk, felt embarrassed wasn't till 4 years ago I was willing to just let people know, post travels on FB so yeah kudos to him. 

My comment was referring to being in the park with other people, but using a fastlane alone, while they socialize with each other. I should have known it was going to spawn comments justifying solo visits.  😆

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing yet (got a Season Pass Holder email today that didn't mention Fast Lane at all).  To further spurn the hope for those without the master plan like me, the website still says "On Sale Soon" as opposed to "Not Available."

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

Nothing yet (got a Season Pass Holder email today that didn't mention Fast Lane at all).  To further spurn the hope for those without the master plan like me, the website still says "On Sale Soon" as opposed to "Not Available."

Gotcha. And yeah its agonizing to see it. Never expected it to open up tbh but after Cedar Point, kinda curious 

5 hours ago, KIEnthusiast said:

I finished reading the new book on King's Island

today. I thought it was

great. I learned a lot

Lots of interviews w/mgmt.

I will recommended it.

Getting colder. I'll give you a hint. You had the right number of lines for a haiku, you just needed to change the number of syllables. Hope that helps.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1