TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Nice! Yeah I had a wonderful time at KI, more than I expected. Park lived up to the hype, and I was shocked at how good the ops were. I went on a quiet day and not only was everything running 2 trains, the ops were not slacking at all. A+ 

I won't be going to coasterstock, but I will be stopping by KI after coastermania, and I am stoked. Been wanting to get back to this park. 

5 hours ago, bert425 said:

I think I'm going to give it a shot. . 1st time ever.

tix on sale Monday, and if can get a ticket, THEN will try to figure out hotel/air/getting to the park, and of course, a couple of days off work to attend.

Booked!  I ended up using my Southwest credits for everything. Flying into Louisville on Thursday, doing Kentucky Kingdom, then driving to KI for Coasterstock. 🎢

• Like 1

It's totally worth it if you've never done an event at KI or did one a while ago. Going under Diamondback, back by the Beast, Banshee, in FoF are always a fun time and I'm sure there will be some cool new access to Orion. Maybe they'll use the old Dino alive path. 

• Like 1

^ sounds like a lot of folks are excited about it. . . we shall see if able to get a ticket tomorrow :)

EDIT:  and . . done.

Ticket bought, hotel booked.  

Now just have to get time off work, get flight/car, and I'll be able to knock Kings Island / the Beast off my bucket list!

• Like 1

I hope none of us have problems getting tickets tomorrow. Particularly since I talked Bert into it!! My second hour class will just have to work on their own for about 15 minutes while I secure tickets, thankfully since this is  my last year teaching no one is watching me at this point anyway 😜

• Like 1

Well, I was entertaining the thought (IDK where I'll be in July so trying not to plan that far out) but if its already sold out makes it easy lol  I'll be doing KI this year anyway. Deff excited to get back :)

8 minutes ago, coasternut said:

Coasterstock tix sold out in 15 minutes. Coastermania at C.P. are still available after being on sale for over 1 hour. What is this telling us???

Could've had less in stock? It has a stronger base of passionate fans? I first went to Coastermania 2017 so I can't vouch for "it used to be better" I tend to dismiss that stuff as either nostalgia or some type of "ahhhhh I did before it was big/sold out" but hey works for me. Keep people away from Cedar Point make it better for me :)

Speaking of going to KI, I see their fast lane plus is "going on sale soon". This means they are doing one? Anyone got any idea when they might go on sale? Last visit it was dead on a weekday but Im going later this time and I see schools are out so I'm worried about crowds.

18 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Speaking of going to KI, I see their fast lane plus is "going on sale soon". This means they are doing one? Anyone got any idea when they might go on sale? Last visit it was dead on a weekday but Im going later this time and I see schools are out so I'm worried about crowds.

KI's Fast Lane has said "on sale soon" pretty much since they closed last season.  The only guaranteed way to get it right now is to add the All-Season, All-Park Fast Lane Plus to a Platinum Pass using one of the sites that's offering it (such as KD).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, coasternut said:

Coasterstock tix sold out in 15 minutes. Coastermania at C.P. are still available after being on sale for over 1 hour. What is this telling us???

wow.

were you able to get a ticket?

(how about you, @pianojohn)

54 minutes ago, coasternut said:

I'm not sure it's that telling but it does surprise it didn't immediately sell out.  I suspect capacity is a lot more than Coasterstock.

Another point thing is timing.  Coastermania is the same weekend as Holidwood Nights and Orlando Informer meetup at Universal, and coaster rodeo the following week.  Lots of events happening in June.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

KI's Fast Lane has said "on sale soon" pretty much since they closed last season.  The only guaranteed way to get it right now is to add the All-Season, All-Park Fast Lane Plus to a Platinum Pass using one of the sites that's offering it (such as KD).

Ah good to know, thanks! Hmmm so thats added to my platinum pass? aka I get the fast lane for use at ANY of the Cedar Fair parks? If so....$299 is hefty but to use it for 4 or more parks not a bad deal tbh

• Haha 1

^  The Platinum Pass FastLane Add On is $850, so it's a little pricier than the $299.  I bought mine from Canada's Wonderlands site and that way you get the Canadian conversion rate (something like $675 instead).  I plan on visiting CP and KI multiple times this season, plus make a trip to Carowinds, so I am looking forward to having FastLane already paid for.  I am actually selfishly hoping that CP doesn't offer it to the GP this season.  Everything would be a walk on as there were very few people with season long FastLane last year.

I told a friend of mine that I had spent $800+ on a Platinum Pass and FL and was roundly laughed at.  We'll see who's laughing when I walk past them in the Steel Vengeance line and get on twice before they even move.  :)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Ah good to know, thanks! Hmmm so thats added to my platinum pass? aka I get the fast lane for use at ANY of the Cedar Fair parks? If so....$299 is hefty but to use it for 4 or more parks not a bad deal tbh

Haha....$299 is for the Kings Dominion-only all-season Fast Lane.  The all-park is $875.  I added it to my Platinum as soon as they offered it last year after two kinda miserable trips to both CP and KI without it, and then got 3 days at each park with it.  For me, that paid for itself.  The fact that its valid all this year too is just icing on the cake.

If you go to the parks enough it's doesn't work out that bad math-wise.  Figure $150 a day at CP, $75-95 a day at KI or KD...you really only need like 7 days (or 5 to CP) to make it worthwhile.

I've reached the point in my life where waiting with the public more than 15 minutes makes me want to blow my brains out, so it's completely invaluable to me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BitterOldHag said:

^  The Platinum Pass FastLane Add On is $850, so it's a little pricier than the $299.  I bought mine from Canada's Wonderlands site and that way you get the Canadian conversion rate (something like $675 instead).  I plan on visiting CP and KI multiple times this season, plus make a trip to Carowinds, so I am looking forward to having FastLane already paid for.  I am actually selfishly hoping that CP doesn't offer it to the GP this season.  Everything would be a walk on as there were very few people with season long FastLane last year.

I told a friend of mine that I had spent $800+ on a Platinum Pass and FL and was roundly laughed at.  We'll see who's laughing when I walk past them in the Steel Vengeance line and get on twice before they even move.  :)

Amen brother.  My trips before having it and after were night and day.  My only desire for single-day FL sales is for when I bring friends who don't have the same enthusiasm for parks as I do.  Normally I spring for it for them, but dropping another thousand for someone else who won't go half the times that I do takes some thought.

Though I have to say I'm surprised that CF hasn't caught on to the "trick" of buying Platinum Passes and add-ons through CW's site and started mandating that you "check in" with whatever park you bought the pass from first like SF and SEAS do.

43 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Haha....$299 is for the Kings Dominion-only all-season Fast Lane.  The all-park is $875.  I added it to my Platinum as soon as they offered it last year after two kinda miserable trips to both CP and KI without it, and then got 3 days at each park with it.  For me, that paid for itself.  The fact that its valid all this year too is just icing on the cake.

If you go to the parks enough it's doesn't work out that bad math-wise.  Figure $150 a day at CP, $75-95 a day at KI or KD...you really only need like 7 days (or 5 to CP) to make it worthwhile.

I've reached the point in my life where waiting with the public more than 15 minutes makes me want to blow my brains out, so it's completely invaluable to me.

OK THAT makes sense. Bc yeah I was like wtf thats a pretty great deal! How is it not already sold out??? That would be why XD  875 is..... a lot. Sadly too much for me. I'm a student, I have $ put away for this trip and exta ofc but that's too much for me. I'm with you my tolerance for waiting has gone down with time. If I had income coming in I'd throw that 875 and go enough to justify it but not in the cards this year. Ah well, part of my planning was to hit weekdays and try to do this off peak season to minimize crowds anyway so oof, yeah idk hopefully crowds will be tolerable anyway. Deff not worth it given my current state. If I could afford it oh I would totally!! Like the above comment said, would be able to blow by "GP" no more SV fast lane lines that are 45-60 minutes.

Can't wait for things to return to fully normal! For now though I shall risk the normal lines and hope good timing will shine upon me. 

Weekdays in July and August, if anything like last year, should be manageable.  I think the longest I waited for anything at KI was an hour for Beast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Weekdays in July and August, if anything like last year, should be manageable.  I think the longest I waited for anything at KI was an hour for Beast.

And it'll be a weekday in June. Again, normally I'd not have any concern and last time I did this (visiting KI after Coastermania) the park was pretty dead. Was wonderful. With protocols and all ya know, tad more anxious but ultimately not gunna sweat it. 

15 hours ago, bert425 said:

wow.

were you able to get a ticket?

(how about you, @pianojohn)

YES!  Got tickets for both! Haven't been to KI for a few years, and missed Cedar Point last summer for the first time since 1976!  Seriously! I have gone every year from 1976-2019, working there 1986-90 and 2000.  

• Like 1

wonder what the total attendance was set at?     

Did they attempt to keep it smaller, and hence sold out so quickly?

hope to meet up with some of my fellow TPR folks while there!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bert425 said:

wonder what the total attendance was set at?     

Did they attempt to keep it smaller, and hence sold out so quickly?

hope to meet up with some of my fellow TPR folks while there!

Pretty sure it sold out just as fast last year when we had no idea that things would go south.