TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I've heard these stories but never in so much detail. My aunt actually had a job at KI in 1991 but wasn't on shift during the Black Sunday accidents, though she knew people who were working at the time. It was obviously very traumatizing for the people who witnessed the accident. 

1 minute ago, prozach626 said:

I don't understand the morbid fascination of such an insignificant event.

People with no actual/practical experience with death are for some reason fascinated by it.  I don't get it either.

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scary, etc...

The last year should have proven that. We told the most obese country in the world to stay home for months and not go to the gym because it was extremely dangerous but deemed fast food Drive Thrus essential all in the name of public health. What is the leading cause of death in America over the last 12 months? Heart disease... by a mile. Just like it always is. What are we doing about it? Well, Disney Springs just opened a place where you can buy grilled cheese on a donut bun a few days ago but don't worry, capacity is limited and you have to stand on social distancing markers to get one. They also opened a giant cookie place recently and it had a 10 hour virtual queue.

It's sort of the same thing as this. Way more people have been killed driving to and from Kings Island over the years than at Kings Island but literally nobody cares about that because we're just used to it.

PS: This is not a commentary about covid restrictions, plenty of them make sense. It's just a point about how selective people are with this kind of thing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, prozach626 said:

All I heard was grilled cheese on a donut bun.

You can get it at KI too, at Tom + Chee.  It is delicious, but sadly not a dining plan option.

Maybe not....this year's "Welcoming You Back" page doesn't mention anything about social distancing on rides themselves, while last year's did.  Guess we won't know for certain for another four months.

I'm wondering if it will just be a standard thing to prepare for the most restrictions knowing it will be easier to ease them versus have to go more severe. I wonder what this later opening means for Coaster Stock though? Guessing nothing good. Rats.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, adamico2 said:

Has anyone tried signing up for KI Pass Perks yet?

I'm getting an error message and wonder if I can only sign up with Kings Dominion, where I renewed my Platinum Pass in Sept. 2019.

Pass perks are tied to point of purchase. So just Kings Dominion. 

1 hour ago, adamico2 said:

Ah, that makes sense. Hopefully I'll be able to shift them over in person, once the park opens.

I wouldn't worry too much.  You'll be lucky to see anything come of Pass Perks if previous years are any indication.