TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Thanks for the tip... It paid off! Got in line for Orion at around 8:10 a got off around 9:25, plenty of time to make it over to Mystic, where I currently am after snagging another grilled cheese to get the 4th meal out of the wrist band. Been waiting bout 20 minutes so far, with probably another 20 ahead of me (plus the fireworks shutdown if they do that on this ride). All in all, not a bad 2 days at KI when I kept my expectations in check.

Sweet - glad it worked out! I've heard night rides on MT are just as good as Beast, if not better.

Yeah. It was crazy.

Zach, the teen groups here are still mild compared to a Six Flags crowd, and I guess I'm exaggerating their "obnoxiousness" and I'm just getting old and can't tolerate any presence of today's youth culture LOL.

So I'm back at the park now, lines are still bonkers per the app. Like 105 minutes for FoF. I've been standing in line for Beast for about 20 minutes and just started up the ramp so I guess that's no too bad. My plan ito get in line for Orion around 8:15 to get a sunset/night ride there then head to Mystic.

OLD???? You're in your 30's, how do you think that makes those of us in our 50's feel, lol! Also, teens at a theme park? Who would have thought of such a thing, although after spending everyday with 7th graders for the last 27 years, I am glad that this is my last year teaching.

my last ride of the night at around 10:40 PM in the front row! Still the best coaster at this park as far as I'm concerned.

So wait, was that you that drove 9hrs to ride?! If so then I was the one in the FastLane that let you go ahead of me! That front row ride was my last also! It was an awesome day!!

my last ride of the night at around 10:40 PM in the front row! Still the best coaster at this park as far as I'm concerned.

So wait, was that you that drove 9hrs to ride?! If so then I was the one in the FastLane that let you go ahead of me! That front row ride was my last also! It was an awesome day!!

Yep, that was me! Small world haha. Didn't have time to explain it all, but after visiting KI when they were only open until 7 and CP when half the coasters were closed back in July, I made another trip out here from Delaware (the state, since you have to mention this in Ohio where there's a town called Delaware) solely for the purpose of getting night rides at KI and a chance at Dragster at CP.

Thank you again, so much. Not enough words to express my gratitude here. Had I known you were on here I would've invited you back to my hotel for a tasty adult beverage (since Ohio has gone stupid with their COVID restrictions for bars).

Yeah, it was an awesome day. My complete report is forthcoming.

Peripherally related: One time i ended up in the front seat of Banshee next to an odd gentleman in a Red Wings jersey. He told me on the way up the lift that Banshee was his favorite ride and he was not happy that they had not been playing the scream at the top. He then yelled "Banshee scream!" at the top and replicated the scream as loud as he could.

One of the weirder interactions I've had on a ride.

Yep, that was me! Small world haha. Didn't have time to explain it all, but after visiting KI when they were only open until 7 and CP when half the coasters were closed back in July, I made another trip out here from Delaware (the state, since you have to mention this in Ohio where there's a town called Delaware) solely for the purpose of getting night rides at KI and a chance at Dragster at CP.

Thank you again, so much. Not enough words to express my gratitude here. Had I known you were on here I would've invited you back to my hotel for a tasty adult beverage (since Ohio has gone stupid with their COVID restrictions for bars).

Yeah, it was an awesome day. My complete report is forthcoming.

Man it was my pleasure!! No thanks needed!!! I was happy to do it! That was out 4th ride on it but we weren't ready to go so waiting another train was no problem at all!!! Also the crew was awesome and we were talking during the fireworks.

Man CP was still trash when we went that Wednesday. Dragster broke down for 1 1/2hrs at 5:30p so we missed getting on Millie, Val, Rap, and Gate!!! It sucks because this was my brother's first time and CP showed him a bad time. I hyped it up because when I went in 2018 it was the best experience I've had. KI was still awesome as it was that trip.

Man you weren't lying about Ohio's bar scene!! We tried to find a place after CP and all shut down at 10:30!

Peripherally related: One time i ended up in the front seat of Banshee next to an odd gentleman in a Red Wings jersey. He told me on the way up the lift that Banshee was his favorite ride and he was not happy that they had not been playing the scream at the top. He then yelled "Banshee scream!" at the top and replicated the scream as loud as he could.

One of the weirder interactions I've had on a ride.

LOL sounds awkward. I thought it was bad enough he was wearing a Red Wings jersey.

Man it was my pleasure!! No thanks needed!!! I was happy to do it! That was out 4th ride on it but we weren't ready to go so waiting another train was no problem at all!!! Also the crew was awesome and we were talking during the fireworks.

Man CP was still trash when we went that Wednesday. Dragster broke down for 1 1/2hrs at 5:30p so we missed getting on Millie, Val, Rap, and Gate!!! It sucks because this was my brother's first time and CP showed him a bad time. I hyped it up because when I went in 2018 it was the best experience I've had. KI was still awesome as it was that trip.

Man you weren't lying about Ohio's bar scene!! We tried to find a place after CP and all shut down at 10:30!

If you're still in Sandusky, the only bar to drink at after CP is the Thirsty Pony. Last call is at 10 but they are running some kinda of special where they'll bring you four drinks right at 10:00 for less than normal price.

• 2 weeks later...

KI literally JUST opened a GIGA coaster this season and saw a ridiculously small fraction of the attendance expected due to COVID-19. You really expect another new coaster? Seriously?

Even if the pandemic never happened and we had a fully normal season KI most likely would not open a new coaster after such a large investment in Orion.

Has anyone followed the rumors of a new coaster due to markers found near the front of the parking lot/ front of the park?

To me seems like not the best place for them to put a coaster>

It’s actually not a bad location, just requires removing something. But it’s really unlikely to be a coaster.

The park also just built dorms and the road the markers are on is the direct path from the parking lot to the dorms, likely they want to improve the road, maybe it’s just new lighting, maybe some security cameras, maybe even repair the road. It really just looks like infrastructure improvements.

Has anyone followed the rumors of a new coaster due to markers found near the front of the parking lot/ front of the park?

Aquatrax. Was built for CP 14 years ago, but they didn't build it. After beeing in storage, CF they now finally found a place.