TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I went on it for the first time in years the other Friday! It's a nice little flume, just how I remembered - it just kinda rides along the trough and bumps around haha. It's from 1971, to be fair.

Thankfully what used to be a firehose that would just drench the entire log has been toned down to a water fountain

Is Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown open? Asking for a friend.

It opened with the park each day I was there, the 11th and 12th.

I know they have a loyal group of scare actors, but I'm surprised that it a) they will have enough staff to cover haunts b) they will spend the $ on the extra workers c) will spend the extra $ on haunts.

They have a brand new giant coasters, I'd think that's enough of a draw! But if it does happen good for them.

I fail to see how haunted walk-throughs will work in "pandemic mode" (I thought indoors was supposed to be the devil?), but more power to them. I'll be there.

Looks like Kings Island is still planning on having Haunt and Winterfest this year.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/haunt

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/winterfest

That means nothing. Every Cedar Fair park changes their haunts and winterfest pages to "_____ will return in ____" as soon as the events are over. Until there is an active link on the main webpage or they start removing haunts from the page then there is nothing to read into it. If parks change anything for their haunt season you can type in the url and will see that certain haunts are missing, this happens every year. The best example to show that this means nothing look here ValleyScare. The park doesn't have a plan to open and its haunt page is the same as kings island. Orion has been added but was probably and automatic update when they updated the site before the season started.

I don't know what the Thornberry fire hose thing was all about, but I'm not a huge fan of Snoopy making sure you get wet, when the ride is basically over.

Awesome, thanks! I'm sort of debating taking a trip out there later this year

Sucks. We reserve truly obnoxious park drinking for KI, especially during The Haunt, where we try to top the previous years' hangover.

(Honorable mention to drunken Busch Gardens Williamsburg trips... and one time at Hershey after Chocolate Martinis...)

We would have considered taking a trip there to meet up with you guys and Jizzy.

Thinking of making my 1st trip to the park in August. Luckily the day we'll be swinging by is a day they're open. I haven't been since May 2019 and I'm excited to finally have an all clear to ride the rides (spent the last operating season in a sling)!

Go for it before Emperor DeWine decides to shut down amusement parks without any cause or legislative or public input.

Just kinda following what his county-by-county mask mandates have been (increasing) and what his counterpart in PA has done regarding bars; If you're not familiar, in PA, bars (outside of Philly) were allowed to resume bar-counter service about a month ago. But now, to "counter the increased spread," you cannot sit at a bar (must be at a table) and you must order "substantial food" (i.e., not just a bag of chips) and once you are done with your food you must cease drinking and leave the establishment. Because apparently COVID can tell the difference between where you're sitting in an establishment and whether or not you're also eating. It just seems inevitable for these governors to roll back their restrictions and close parks.

In regards to the second part of my statement, almost all states' governors have been making decrees related to COVID without any input from that states' legislature or public. When the state legislature tries to rein in the governors' authority, they are promptly veto'd, leading to my application of the title "Emperor."

Note to mods: I really didn't want to get political here but I was asked a direct question.

Just kinda following what his county-by-county mask mandates have been (increasing) and what his counterpart in PA has done regarding bars; If you're not familiar, in PA, bars (outside of Philly) were allowed to resume bar-counter service about a month ago. But now, to "counter the increased spread," you cannot sit at a bar (must be at a table) and you must order "substantial food" (i.e., not just a bag of chips) and once you are done with your food you must cease drinking and leave the establishment. Because apparently COVID can tell the difference between where you're sitting in an establishment and whether or not you're also eating. It just seems inevitable for these governors to roll back their restrictions and close parks.

In regards to the second part of my statement, almost all states' governors have been making decrees related to COVID without any input from that states' legislature or public. When the state legislature tries to rein in the governors' authority, they are promptly veto'd, leading to my application of the title "Emperor."

Note to mods: I really didn't want to get political here but I was asked a direct question.

If you really didn't want to get political, you wouldn't constantly be making nudges and pop-shot references like "Emperor Insert-Governer-Here" in your posts as frequently as you do. Just own it at this point and maybe exercise a little more discipline in your posts.