TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I'll join you in that. Orion still belongs to my (plans of a) model wood coaster from years ago. Imagine park Knoebels Twister, part Cobb Cyclones. Now that was a design.

LOLOL! That one went right over my head. I was so thrown by the font that I didn't notice the onion in the background or that it said rings. JFC.

It even has an outline of an onion in the middle of the graphic. Definitely clear that's a parody shirt now, can't believe I missed it haha.

Here's the actual shirt in case people are curious:

Orion_tee_black_1_grande.jpg?v=1574349551

The best plan for Orion is to get there an hour before the park opens and run to it at 11am. That or wait till the end of the season. Line starts at Diamondback’s splashdown and shows no signs of shortening. Diamondback, MT & Banshee have the longest waits at about 20-25 minutes each. Everything else is between 5-10mins

Luckily, Kings Island is running at least 2 trains on all coasters. So the theoretical capacity on everything is at 1-train operation. The biggest slowdown from COVID-19 precautions comes from only letting 1 row of passengers exit at a time.

Yes ! Zipper cargo shorts are a must ! I have like 9 pockets in mine .

Now on to Orion . I got 6 rides in at the first rider auction on Wednesday night , I could have done more, but all good . Not every coaster is going to be a SV or MF. Orion is a good ride and a good addition to the park. I thought that the theming is good (there is a reference to Magnum I believe in the queue area). So if not happy with it , protest by not going to KI and not riding Orion.

For the record , I remain disappointed that there has never been a coaster named Laser Snake Horse on Fire.

A few questions for anyone that went yesterday, What is the rule now on leaving the Park. Can you leave and come back or for now if you leave you're out?

Does Fast lane Work for Onion Now?

Also, did anyone pre-buy fast lane + and is not going to make it to the Park this year? I am interested in buying it from you and you can use the money for next year?

Also, did anyone pre-buy fast lane + and is not going to make it to the Park this year? I am interested in buying it from you and you can use the money for next year?

Isn't it attached to your name?

Isn't it attached to your name?

Not prez day sales, etc. Anyone can use them.

Paper tickets for hour tome slots on Orion! Hope all of the must be firsts enjoyed waiting 3 hours in the sun yesterday

Are they limiting people to one ride or can you get a second after redeeming the first?

Paper tickets for hour tome slots on Orion! Hope all of the must be firsts enjoyed waiting 3 hours in the sun yesterday

Are they limiting people to one ride or can you get a second after redeeming the first?

Good question. Not that I am aware of, they didn't scan anything. I got there at 12:15 and got 4-5p. It sold out soon after.

It's 91*F, and I am having no issues getting overheated or breathing. Nearly everyone except for a few bad parents and teenagers are following all the rules. Just a great summer day at Kings Island!

IMG_20200703_145147_526.thumb.jpg.51d66473e534271b960bc181a749fcd4.jpg

Good question. Not that I am aware of, they didn't scan anything. I got there at 12:15 and got 4-5p. It sold out soon after.

Yikes. Really happy to see Kings Island take this approach so you can actually spend the day doing other things than waiting in one long line and disperse everyone throughout the park. But I can see some really angry parents/latecomers to the park not know about this and not get them in time before they're all out.

But this makes me all the more excited for my visit now that I know I won't have to wait all day in line!

I went to the park Thursday. We had 11am reservations and got in line at 10:50am. It took us about an hour to get into the park (so be prepared). The lines for the health check and security moved pretty good but the lines for the main entrance looked like one gigantic cluster fuck! About 99% were complying with the masks. Security and ride employees were also reminding guests. No mask no ride. Got to redeem the FL plus which was huge after seeing the Orion line. Rode twice before 12:30. Overall had a great day. Was in the park from 12-6 and got to ride Orion 3 times (which is plenty for me) Great ride, nice g-forces and airtime, keeps great speed throughout. Not going to complain about getting to ride coasters (especially with FL plus) in a pandemic. The face mask didn't bother me as much as the heat did. Great day! Now were back home in Alabama.

Getting into KI today couldn't have been any quicker. Parked, walked to the door and was inside within 5-10 minutes total. They opened parking at 10:15 today which seemed to help a lot.