TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

This is an epic photo! Also, it looks like they planted some trees in the line area?

Either I'm looking at that photo wrong, or that is a CGA-level of unshaded queue.

EDIT: I realize it might not be completed yet. I really have no idea how far along they are. Just selfishly hoping there are going to be more shade structures than what I'm seeing in this photo.

I heard they’re planning on having multiple shade structures and an actual building in the queue area, I don’t think they are shown in this angle.

Not possible, Diamondback can't run without water which is why it's closed for Winterfest and totally not because Kings Island is lame.

Or maybe because Diamondback's winter maintenence program is more intensive than Mystic Timbers?

The Governor in Ohio has ruled that businesses may require masks for everyone, or may make them optional for guests and required for employees. They have opted for the former, for now, causing them to risk losing the business of the die-hard never-maskers. If the opt to change to the latter, they may risk losing the business of the die-hard everyone-must-wear-a-mask-or-we'll-all-die folks. Time will tell if they made the smart business decision.

Either way, its their business and their decision, and your decision whether or not the status of masked-ness is a deterrent for your attendance.

The way everything is trending masks will probably be needed more places then less. Just do your part. Also, people just like to complain. They might have never had plans to go but now they can just yell about something for someone to give them attention.

KI (and presumably CF parks) are now non-smoking inside. Smoking area is outside the front gate.

Edit: Just saw it myself on KI's FAQs on their website. That is in fact a bummer. At least CP's page still references multiple smoking areas throughout the park.

KI (and presumably CF parks) are now non-smoking inside. Smoking area is outside the front gate.

UGH, that's bad news for me. Non-smokers don't know how annoying that is. I bet that's going to mean more people smoking as they walk around the park, which is also annoying. I hope it'll only be temporary, because there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

There's a good look at the first portion of Orion's queue in the background of the photo here, seems to be some theming which is cool to see. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/june/introducing-kyle-kruthoffer

Does anyone else get Stranger Things vibes from that song?

there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

Do you really see haunts happening with social distancing?

there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

Do you really see haunts happening with social distancing?

Well at the moment both KI and CP are still showing them on the events page........so, I don't think it's off the table. I mean it would be fairly easy to incorporate masks on the scareactors.