TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Yes it's an online questionnaire. It's insane people are reacting thinking they need to go get a physical from a doctor before visiting and making a huge scene on social media. People are so dumb

At their slight credit, the way they worded it on the page did leave it a bit too up to interpretation. But of course they didn't mean scheduling a visit to a clinic 24 hours before going to an amusement park! The video made for Worlds of Fun did show it was a questionnaire.

I'm happy the mask will be a requirement. The folks complaining about the rule will hopefully also be the ones opting to stay home, like they probably should. Can't wait to schedule a reservation to ride at the park next month!

This is just a wild guess, but I would think you can only make one reservation at a time. Not click 5 days in a row and reserve 5 days at one time. Just my guess.

Doesn't mean you can't take an afternoon and try to reserve you're whole summer tho. But I do hope that some people try to give people an opportunity to go. KI has a LOT of passholders, and I think if you try to grab a spot every day for the first 10 they're open is a little selfish. But good luck, I do not think getting reservations will be easy to get. I am expecting the site to crash a lot, a lot of people trying to go. and overall a lot of frustrations, especially for the first week or two the reservation system is live.

Getting a reservation that first week or two may really by a Wonka's Golden Ticket considering the demand. Good Luck! I'm gonna try for July 5th. But only cause I happen to be passing through Cincinnati that day, 1 ride on Orion, some Skyline and out!

I asked KI today about my Fast Lane Plus I had bought earlier this year and the response I got was...

"We have extended fast lane tickets that expired 9/7/2020 through 11/1/2020.

If circumstances prevent us from utilizing the Fast Lane Program we will add additional refund information on the website."

So that good news for Fast Lane unless something arises.

Well if the park is going to be at reduced capacity , Fast Lane would probably not be needed??

There's gonna be reduced ride capacity for cleaning and social distancing as well, stacking is to be expected. While there might be less people, you also take into account ride dispatch times are gonna take a huge hit as well. Plus, Fast Lane folks wanna get their money's worth if they're not issuing refunds for them.

Now that we know the opening date for KI does anyone know if they are still going to have a Media Day for Orion? Looking forward to some reviews of Orion so if you do go and ride please post your thoughts here.

I'm excited to check it out! I honestly don't have really high expectations, I am just looking forward to going to the park when it's not Winterfest

I've been on many B&M hypers, and Fury. So I'm sure Orion has a great drop, has some high potential with the wave turn and long speed hill. Maybe the big turn around will be a surprise highlight.

Capture.JPG.bd4c743498496ae168b25cdf3e164576.JPG

Boom, roasted

All they've said regarding Orion is that it will "open sometime next month," as in not with the park. Given that this was made with the announcements that only reference July, I'm not sure if "next month" means July or August.

If you were talking about a dedicate "Media Day" as in Media-are-the-only-ones-allowed-in-Day, I find that highly doubtful at this point. They're not going to open the park and then close it, and if it was going to happen before the general park opening, I imagine it would have been announced.

Believe me, I hope it will, since I'll be there on the 11th and 12th; I'm just going off an article I saw back when they first posted the opening dates (trying to find it now), where they quoted the CEO as saying something to the effect of "Orion, 2020's new coaster, will be open later next month." Now that I can't find it, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Believe me, I hope it will, since I'll be there on the 11th and 12th; I'm just going off an article I saw back when they first posted the opening dates (trying to find it now), where they quoted the CEO as saying something to the effect of "Orion, 2020's new coaster, will be open later next month." Now that I can't find it, I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I mean an article posted in early June saying the ride would open "later next month" would be an accurate statement since the park is scheduled to open in July. lol

Knowing CF and their project management, I am sure Orion has been ready to go for months. It would've opened on time in April.

Knowing CF and their project management, I am sure Orion has been ready to go for months. It would've opened on time in April.

They had just started testing before everything got shut down, so not really sure. With that said they have been testing it a lot since. I saw it running when I past Kings island on my way to Cincinnati Memorial day weekend. It might be the first ride to get the sign of.

Busch Gardens said that Iron Gwazie is not opening when they open, and that was like a week or two away from opening.

This is an epic photo! Also, it looks like they planted some trees in the line area?

Either I'm looking at that photo wrong, or that is a CGA-level of unshaded queue.

EDIT: I realize it might not be completed yet. I really have no idea how far along they are. Just selfishly hoping there are going to be more shade structures than what I'm seeing in this photo.