TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I'd be comfortable visiting knowing what guidelines are in place at larger parks around the world and in the US. Will I be constantly vigilant because people are dumb as hell?! YES!!

I hope to visit in July or whenever they reopen.

Almost zero possibility they will be ready that quickly. But at least they have the ability to open. If they could have gotten then information a week or two ago, it might have been possible.

They don't Just flip a switch. I think Immediately was a term of let us start not to prep the park. At some point, you get in a holding pattern till you have to okay for the final details. None of the rides have been signed off to open for the year. That takes more than a day to make happen

You know that the inspection process hasn't happened how? Do you think they've just been running test cycles of the rides for the hell of it?

Take your negativity somewhere else.

Got em!!!!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/park-update

A Message from Richard Zimmerman, CEO, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company

June 5, 2020 Update

As a result of ongoing discussions with Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and Lt. Gov. John Husted, we are very pleased to announce that our Ohio parks, including Cedar Point and Kings Island, have been cleared to reopen. We will provide specific opening dates just as soon as we confirm details with the governor. We appreciate the cooperation and support of all those that are working hard to help us and the state of Ohio reopen.

We plan to continue conversations with the governor and lieutenant governor that have helped reach a positive resolution for all parties. We also owe a big thank you to our local city, county and state officials who have assisted us throughout this process. The reopening of our parks is crucial to the economic viability of Erie County and Warren County, and we look forward to getting back to business and hope that other states will follow Ohio’s lead in reopening parks around the country.

We are taking every necessary precaution to keep our guests and associates safe in accordance with governmental and CDC directives, Erie County and Warren County health departments, medical professionals, Ohio’s Development Services Agency (DSA) and industry best practices. Cedar Fair’s capacity-controlled, family-friendly properties at Cedar Point and Kings Island, coupled with the operational expertise of our seasoned park professionals, ensures an environment where predictable observance and enforcement of social distancing and COVID-19 protocols can be achieved. More details about our safety measures and what to expect when visiting our Ohio parks will be released closer to the opening date.

We cannot wait to welcome back our loyal guests to Ohio’s treasured amusement parks, which have brought fun and happiness to generations of families.

Well, this helps solve the "when" debate:

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2020/06/cedar-point-kings-island-water-parks-can-reopen-june-19-says-ohio-gov-mike-dewine.html

However, just because Cedar Point can legally open on June 19 doesn’t mean that it will. According to sources, Kings Island may be able to open first, in as soon as two weeks, with Cedar Point following in late June or early July.

Richard Zimmerman, CEO of Cedar Point parent company Cedar Fair, has said that the parks need two to three weeks to get ready to open.

Two weeks is when they're allowed to open, the 19th; three is June 26th.

Not Negativity just read a few things.

https://www.toledoblade.com/local/Coronavirus/2020/05/11/coronavirus-shutdown-idles-state-amusement-ride-inspectors/stories/20200511066

They could of brought them all back. I see them testing to start the laps needed for Inspection.

Seriously, rides can't be inspected if they don't have inspectors.

Also, rides go through hundreds of test cycles pre-season before inspectors are even on site. Inspectors do NOT inspect prior to test cycles. It's also very common for inspectors to be on-site the morning of opening day doing last minute inspections, sometimes not even approving rides to open for the season until after gates have been open to the public. Happens every year.

Source: Experience from working at Ohio amusement parks.

The inspector thing caught them all off guard because the state laid them off and didn't inform them. Remember that in the aftermath of the Ohio State Fair accident they changed the entire inspection regime, and now they're much more specialized and are employed by the state. Experiences older than a couple of years are irrelevant at this point.

I was informed that they brought back the inspectors about a week or so ago, so I'm hopeful they can dispatch them for inspections shortly if it hasn't already occurred.

They released a video for Worlds of Fun outlining the guidelines, since it was filmed at Kings Island and narrated by Tony Clark I'm sure it'll be the same video for every park.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I didn't see any info when the reservation system will go live. I'm sure it'll be like playing the lottery at first.

Staggered seating and stacking trains for extra cleaning. That video is a great reminder of why it's not worth it to park hop this year, unless this works out better than I expect. At least they're not doing electronic queuing. I know a lot of people are all for it, but it just doesn't sit right with me. I didn't expect anything less, but I'm so tired of this crap.

Kings Island will be open to passholders from July 2-11, and will open to the public on July 12. There will be a reservation system and masks will be required.

More details can be found here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/park-update

I also saw something on there about completing a health screening 24 hours prior to visiting the park, but it sounded like it was some kind of online screening, so it seems like someone could easily lie even if they were showing symptoms. I guess it's probably more for covering their a$$es so if there is someone sick who goes to the park, it's on the person for lying on the screening.

Also, I haven't seen this anywhere, but is there some kind of limit to how many reservations you can make in a week? Because I'd like to go several times during the passholder week if I can, but I'm not sure if it's one reservation at a time.

Kings Island will be open to passholders from July 2-11, and will open to the public on July 12. There will be a reservation system and masks will be required.

More details can be found here: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/park-update

I also saw something on there about completing a health screening 24 hours prior to visiting the park, but it sounded like it was some kind of online screening, so it seems like someone could easily lie even if they were showing symptoms. I guess it's probably more for covering their a$$es so if there is someone sick who goes to the park, it's on the person for lying on the screening.

Also, I haven't seen this anywhere, but is there some kind of limit to how many reservations you can make in a week? Because I'd like to go several times during the passholder week if I can, but I'm not sure if it's one reservation at a time.

Yes it's an online questionnaire. It's insane people are reacting thinking they need to go get a physical from a doctor before visiting and making a huge scene on social media. People are so dumb

There are a lot of questions that will be answered in the coming weeks. No one knows about how many reservations. We're all super stoked about visiting parks again, we'll know when we hear from the park.

There are a lot of questions that will be answered in the coming weeks. No one knows about how many reservations. We're all super stoked about visiting parks again, we'll know when we hear from the park.

True, I'm probably jumping the gun with asking questions the park hasn't answered yet, I was just hoping that maybe they gave more info somewhere that I might have missed.

Honestly, I'm psyched about the possibility to visit the park with less crowds. I don't really want to be around a lot of people right now either, so while these reservations and stipulations are a PITA, I'm still glad the park is implementing them.