TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

When it opens, I think people will be so ready to get outside and go back to theme parks that nobody will care about a lack of theming or a lack of trees. This ride was already incredibly hyped in the surrounding area, so this delay is kind of hyping it even more. I'm sure the area will naturally fill in over time.

That drone footage also makes it very clear how close that turnaround is to the Beast. This definitely changes the view on the first couple hills after the first drop on the Beast since you will be directly facing Orion's turnaround!

The general manager who did most of the theming on Mystic Timbers is still general manager, so I’d imagine it would have been impressive.

Impressive? Look the Shed is a nice touch, I see your username, and I'm sure they had something planned for Orion with it being a huge investment landmark coaster, but let's not get too carried away here.

Damn. There goes the boy's birthday present. Not surprising of course but I was really hoping they would be able to reschedule. Did you get an email or just have advanced knowledge? I haven't gotten any communication yet and nothing posted on their facebook or website. Although I do see on the website that it isn't listed under events anymore with the next thing being Carnivale starting June 6........maybe there is some hope they will be open by then?

It was posted on the official Facebook group and been sent out as an email to registered attendees just this afternoon. News of it is starting to circle some social media as well, but it might not be on any of Kings Island's official public outlets yet.

The general manager who did most of the theming on Mystic Timbers is still general manager, so I’d imagine it would have been impressive.

Thats usually not up to the general manager. They might have a say in some things, but not all of it.

Thats usually not up to the general manager. They might have a say in some things, but not all of it.

It is, mostly. You should ask him sometime about Mystic Timbers. What that was going to be before he became GM in late 2016. Also worth noting the same people were at corporate in 2014 and 2017, but compare Banshee’s theming to Mystic Timbers as an entire story-driven coaster. So...why the change? Answer: a change in leadership at the park.

Edited by KIEnthusiast

This ride was already incredibly hyped in the surrounding area, so this delay is kind of hyping it even more.

People seem more focused on current events rather than building hype for roller coasters. Everyone just wants to get back to normal first. I would imagine amusement parks will be one of the last businesses to go back to normal. Right now, people just want to go out to eat or see a movie. No one can even get a haircut currently.

KI and other parks don't even show up on my FB feed anymore. Either I'm specifically not seeing them for some reason, or they're trying not to be insensitive to the real issues we are facing right now. Orion is going to be great. But, more people are focused on being able to have a face-face conversation with friends and family.

"Grandma just died, but at least I can ride Orion soon!" I just don't see this helping build hype.

It is, mostly. You should ask him sometime about Mystic Timbers. What that was going to be before he became GM in late 2016. Also worth noting the same people were at corporate in 2014 and 2017, but compare Banshee’s theming to Mystic Timbers as an entire story-driven coaster. So...why the change? Answer: a change in leadership at the park.

Mystic Timbers also has a back story behind it, which gives them the chance to do the theming they did. Banshee does not. Most of all that comes from corporate. And like i said, the GM might have some say in the theming, but probably not all of it.

This ride was already incredibly hyped in the surrounding area, so this delay is kind of hyping it even more.

People seem more focused on current events rather than building hype for roller coasters. Everyone just wants to get back to normal first. I would imagine amusement parks will be one of the last businesses to go back to normal. Right now, people just want to go out to eat or see a movie. No one can even get a haircut currently.

KI and other parks don't even show up on my FB feed anymore. Either I'm specifically not seeing them for some reason, or they're trying not to be insensitive to the real issues we are facing right now. Orion is going to be great. But, more people are focused on being able to have a face-face conversation with friends and family.

"Grandma just died, but at least I can ride Orion soon!" I just don't see this helping build hype.

You bring up a good point. I hope I didn't come off as insensitive. My thought process is just that, because everything is up in the air right now, the day people can finally ride all these awesome 2020 coasters will be even more rewarding and exciting. It will make people way more appreciative and look at things from a whole new perspective from now on.

I see plenty of posts on my Twitter and IG feed from theme parks. Many of them are providing "stay-at-home" activities like coloring pictures, word searches, etc. Carowinds, in particular, is doing an alphabet of their attractions on Twitter. Kentucky Kingdom and Worlds of Fun had an epic rap battle a couple weeks ago. But parks are still holding off on posting official POVs of the new hotness, so I'm sure there is a level of respect to the current situation they are trying to maintain.

Mystic Timbers also has a back story behind it, which gives them the chance to do the theming they did. Banshee does not. Most of all that comes from corporate. And like i said, the GM might have some say in the theming, but probably not all of it.

If you ask him, you’ll get your answers. I’ve found he’s pretty approachable.

Just found this in my Folder of Theme park stuff. The centerfold of a past Park Guide.

Too bad the "son" didn't turn out as bad as the father was/still is.

Which was a bad thing.

KingsIsland_2000_3Top-590x669.jpg.a9c996560a044549283d0239403384fa.jpg

Happy Birthday, Kings Island!

The park did just get a new plot of land opened up... They could do something interesting from the ground up sometime in the future (at least if Orion first pans-out well enough this/next year).

That's a really cool article! I always seem to forget that FoF was the first magnetically launched coaster (along with its sister at KD). It's a wonder that it was so successful--I mean, the ride's still running nowadays and it's almost on its 25th season.