TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Did Kings Island really not get any footage during the initial test runs? I find it astounding that they have not made a huge event out of releasing the POV. Every single local news channel followed the construction, rumors leading up to the announcement, and this whole local area has such an affinity for KI they're really making a mistake here.

I guess they're waiting for when they know when the park will open for sure. Or they don't want to remind people that they have already paid for a season pass and can't use it right now

Wouldn’t releasing a POV actually help season pass retention though?

Did Kings Island really not get any footage during the initial test runs? I find it astounding that they have not made a huge event out of releasing the POV. Every single local news channel followed the construction, rumors leading up to the announcement, and this whole local area has such an affinity for KI they're really making a mistake here.

I guess they're waiting for when they know when the park will open for sure. Or they don't want to remind people that they have already paid for a season pass and can't use it right now

Wouldn’t releasing a POV actually help season pass retention though?

Eh, I'm not sure. If you call attention to it, I think some people will realize they might not be going at all this year and cancel or try and get their money back.

I can see both sides of the coin but I tend to think that releasing a POV would remind people why they would want to visit in 2020 or get them more excited. After all, pass holders are already being reminded by the constant email updates, and releasing a POV might remind people why'd they want to hang onto that pass instead of ending it right there.

There's also the crowd of non-passholders they can still market to and build up hype so that the ride's debut doesn't fall flat. Now especially more than ever, they are going to want to keep the energy up as attendance this year will most likely be down in the amusement industry and people will need that extra push or reminder to come.

Here is a drone video from today:

Nice video update. The coaster sure looks amazing. I love that part of the queue is covered, and *hopefully* it may have some AC in there for as hot as it gets in the summer? - Regardless of if this opens in 2020, or 2021 this coaster is going to be a hit! and I doubt the GP will complain that "It's so much like Diamondback." I think the GP is just going to see a big shinny new coaster, and be excited to give it a go!

...I doubt the GP will complain that "It's so much like Diamondback." I think the GP is just going to see a big shinny new coaster, and be excited to give it a go!

These have been the complaints from the enthusiast community. Not the dreaded "ignorant GPeeeeeeeeeeee."

Remember we're all GP.

Looks nice but would look even nicer if they could plant, like, one tree.

This will be the 2022 Capex after missing out on the 2020 season.

In all seriousness, I'm sure landscaping Orion was an easy budget cut with whats going on with COVID19 and cutting unnecessary expenses. I'm positive it'll happen, it's just a matter of when now.