TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Don't get me wrong I like Millennium's and how Wicked Twister plays the Crystal Method. It'll be interesting to see if Orion has a theme. I remember the Beast having a specific sound track and FoF, Adventure Express do as well.

Mystic Timbers has an OST from IMAScore, it would be nice if Orion got its own custom composition as well IMO.

The facebook comments are continuing to entertain me, although people rarely take my troll bait anymore.

One brilliant user said that he's not sure why KI would put the exact same ride as Diamondback in the park. He said at least Leviathan has less of a hyper layout than Orion and threw out the typical 'actual giga' remark. "Leviathan = Less. of. a. hyper. layout." What??? I had fun with that one. I really don't think he was trolling.

Testing already! Wow.

...please don't tell me that's the music that's going to be playing in the station.

I would guess it’s stock music. The park has a habit of using awful stock music in their videos, lol.

They should've went with Roman Fanfare instead. Maybe Rock Style 2.

As of 10 minutes ago, this is all that remains of Vortex. It is the turn between the lift hill and the first drop.

The turnaround after the first drop was demo’ed this morning.

(H/T F5 Coasters)

93ce985267f6d766b5e7179984327d6f.jpg

416661c0921383c8d3fba79c65065d70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better yet, when can this same treatment happen with Magnum!?

You take your sacrilegious shit right on outta here LOL. Next thing you'll be asking for Beast to be RMC'd.

That's still slightly more Vortex in the world than I'm comfortable with. When will they be pulling that last bit down?

Better yet, when can this same treatment happen with Magnum!?

Agreed! Nothing lasts forever! Time to move on.

Vortex is/was the most brutal roller coaster Ive ever been on. Honestly I want too like it because my first time too Kings Island I was 8 and remember seeing the Bat track still up and a sign on the fence describing the rollercoaster(Vortex) that was gonna take its place. I was. barely tall enough to ride the next year. Dont remember it being rough but years later I couldn't stand it! And I have a high tolerance for pain. Id rather be punched in the nuts than ride that thing again.

Cedar Fair is a pretty well-oiled machine when it comes to building coasters. Begin groundwork during the summer season, announce the ride in late summer, begin vertical construction in the fall, finish track work by late January, and begin testing in February. Then open it on the park's opening day. That's why it is so obvious to predict which parks are getting new coasters for the following year - they begin the process quite early.

The only Cedar Fair coaster in recent memory that didn't open on the park's opening day is Railblazer, I believe. Likewise, I don't think Six Flags has ever opened a new coaster on the park's opening day in the last 10+ years? Of course excluding the year-round parks, which Six Flags has more of.

Just different strategies. I do like Cedar Fair's strategy more since they are more reliable to plan trips around, and opening the new coaster in the spring allows kinks to be worked out before the busy summer season.