TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It's heartbreaking to me that there is a percentage of "enthusiasts" who just want to s**t on anything unless its the tallest, fastest, most twisty whatever.

Meh, to me it just means shorter queue times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's heartbreaking to me that there is a percentage of "enthusiasts" who just want to s**t on anything unless its the tallest, fastest, most twisty whatever.

Meh, to me it just means shorter queue times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly as much as they b*tch they still come to the parks to ride!

There's no way to know how a coaster will ride until you ride it obviously, but if this thing is similar to Leviathan (which most people would put a few steps below Fury) it will still be amazing and probably the best ride at Kings Island in the minds of *most* people (I know some of you people are obsessed with Mystic Timbers).

Edited by coasterbill

“Hannah Barb Bera” on Facebook

... bwahaha Okay Barb

I don’t get it....

Hanna Barbera cartoons, the owners of Flintstones and Jetsons among others, who the kiddie areas at the Paramount Parks were themed around pre-Cedar Fair.

I'm surprised no one is talking about this yet-

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Maybe if someone argues that Orion isn't technically a gee gee coaster the neighbors may be put at ease.

This is a boring, tired news story that comes up every couple of years. What, since they built the house before the park maybe the solution is to help better insulate the house better? Either way this shouldn't impact KI's hours. Why aren't they complaining about the fireworks instead

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Maybe if someone argues that Orion isn't technically a gee gee coaster the neighbors may be put at ease.

The guy just seems like a douche. If he doesn't like the noise... He can easily sell his house and move.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

The guy should move near a theme park in England where he can stop roller-coasters getting built to his heart's content (Alton Towers wooden valley coaster/ Tayto Park and I think there are other cases)

"Neighbors fear the new gigi roller coaster will only make the noise worse."

Was that an attempt to say giga?

Don't forget about "Halloween Hunt" in the line right before. Further proof of the decline of journalism.

The story says the house was built prior to Kings Island. But, that doesn't specify that the current residents lived there at that time. Nice wording. Now I guess even roller coaster news has spin...

There's a decent size park directly behind our house. It's peaceful, because we're next to the large open field/walking trail portion. But, there are baseball diamonds several hundred feet away. This past summer they installed massive ugly bright lights around the baseball diamonds so they can play at night. We weren't thrilled about it, but I'm not going to go to the news. I'm well aware that the park may make changes that will somehow effect us. If that time ever comes, I can choose to stay, or I can move away. I choose not to cry when parties play loud music at the picnic pavilion. Granted, the park is not going to build a 300 foot (almost) 'gee gee' roller coaster in our back yard.

I work nights, so that guy can take his pity party somewhere else. I sleep with a box fan on to down out any noise. When my senior citizen neighbor decides to mow the grass at 8am, I put ear plugs in. Adapt and overcome. Aren't there only about ten days total that the park is open until midnight??

Mason doesn't want to give up the kind of tax dollars that the park earns. And I agree... he does look like a douche.

^That dude has the official douche haircut.

I'll be at Kings Island this Monday and Tuesday. I'm hoping it is a little warmer than what is forecast, otherwise Mystic Timbers might not run. (Cue great debate about minimum temps to operate and how Six Flags will run their coasters at -20F.)

Also going to stay at Great Wolf Lodge since I found a good deal and what the hell, it's Christmas and my girlfriend will enjoy it.