TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Honestly, this was not the color I was expecting. I can't say I hate it, but I'm interested to see how it'll match with the track.

It's the same color that was on KI's animations.

Some pictures look the same as the animation; the one that I shared looked more orange than red on the restraint. I also never noticed the red on the lead car, I guess.

I would imagine the lift motor is going to support Anaconda's final years. Where is that piece of track from?

If you look at the webcam, you can see the transfer track is gone. Looks like they aren't wasting time figuring out what parts can be used vs scrapped.

• 2 weeks later...

Some time I'll probably do a full WInterFest trip report, but I haven't taken enough photos yet. I've gone the last two Fridays for a few hours each time and it has been COLD. After our last ride of the night on Timbers last week, I checked the temperature and it was 28* and dropping! So yeah, KI does still run Timbers below freezing, but I think it has to be above freezing at least to open it.

While we have one less coaster open this year, the park looks amazing. There are more lights and decorations than previous years, and a ton of cute things to pose with.

Orion is starting to look really good, but I do agree that it looks pretty darn similar to Diamondback. Still, it's cool seeing Orion and Diamondback basically sandwich the park.

Here are a couple photos from last night, taken by Adam Lucas from FYE because he has an iPhone 11 and my XR is jealous of his night mode. IMG_5571.JPG.7c976d1f2be174624cba907a005a41e8.JPG

You can see Orion peeking behind Diamondback. Vortex is still there but it won't be long before this view will change forever.

IMG_5573.JPG.b04c3db28abcda07bb84ecc05388e935.JPG

The XR is jealous...

IMG_5572.JPG.ca58225ddac717b5df88db7f0403d1df.JPG

The plaza looks gorgeous during WinterFest!

Also, if you want to be a crazy a$$, you can join us with FYE on Friday the 13th for the Mystic Timbers "Polar Plunge." Basically strip down to warm-weather clothes and ride Timbers in the cold. You can message me if you'd like more information.

^Agreed.

Judging by the size, Orion's first hill looks like it should be taken with a lot of speed.

Shouldn't judge by size! Size doesnt matter!

I really do think all the hate this ride has been getting from a segment of the community will disappear once people actually ride it. I love how it's looking so far. Really excited for 2020!

.... Shouldn't judge by size! Size doesnt matter!

That is NOT what she said.

... I really do think all the hate this ride has been getting from a segment of the community will disappear once people actually ride it. I love how it's looking so far. Really excited for 2020!

I agree with this. I too have a feeling once they ride it, all the ridiculous "#NotMyGiga" comments will stop.

I agree as well, I don't really understand all the hate Orion has been getting. I remember when Fury was announced five years ago, a lot of enthusiasts thought it looked underwhelming, and now the ride is almost universally praised. If Orion ends up being anything like Fury, it should be an amazing experience.

Oh there will be plenty that will give this ride no credit no matter what. Seems to be a lot of people who would rather not admit they were wrong than have fun, especially in this hobby.

Well, if that would stop them riding these rides - good for me and all the other ones not giving a $h1t about these negative hypes!