TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Banshee's great and has lots of good sustained forces, and it's gonna be really weird without the giant Arrow dominating the skyline at the back of the park next year. It's gonna be missed, but I certainly look forward to the huge amount of real estate free'd up because of its closure. There's a lot of potential with that site for something truly spectacular.

Lines were fairly long that day for the ride (the park was kinda busy in general, and Diamondback was closed ), though I had the fortune of renewing my Gold pass and receiving a complimentary Fast Lane Plus, which would've expired after Sunday so of course I had to redeem it then. Did one ride on Vortex using it and only had to wait about 5 minutes, even though it was spilling out of the station. The crew was CRUSHING it with throughput.

20191027_153603.thumb.jpg.c32a0aaee255eae3513137ad3ac273e6.jpg

This is Fast Lane line. Believe it or not, I only waited, like, 5 minutes. It went through shockingly quick, and the crew were crushing the 3 train ops.

I spent most of the day shooting some vid of it though and posted it on Monday and left that evening to KK for their final night. A lot of good reception for the coaster, lots of farewells from TONS of locals, and a handful of camera-wielding coaster nerds like myself.

I'll never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... (well you get the point) understand people who dog on Banshee, or specifically act like it lacks forces. My last rides on it in particular, just a couple of weeks ago, my feet actually were going numb by the end of the ride, usually a Batman hallmark. The ride pulls serious forces, and that's a simple fact. Maybe some don't like its spread out (read: unique and interesting) layout, compared to the Batman and Raptor Invert models, and that's fine, because opinions and preferences are for each, their own. But it's a forceful coaster, just like Millennium Force, and those denying it, are denying science, and physics, as my body a couple weeks ago can attest to.

I would not recommend you ride any B&Ms built before 2006, if Banshee makes your feet numb, ones with forces might kill you.

Nice to know we have a comedian in our midst!

Again, if you want to deny science and reality, that's on you, no skin off my back!

That line for Vortex is crazy. I can't believe how many closet fans this ride had all these years.

They aren’t real fans. They are just saying they are fans and that it’s their “number one coaster” because they want attention.

That line for Vortex is crazy. I can't believe how many closet fans this ride had all these years.

They aren’t real fans. They are just saying they are fans and that it’s their “number one coaster” because they want attention.

Vortex actually is my #1, and it's been that way since I lost the Scream Machine back in 2010 which was previously my #1. I love arrow loopers. To me they aren't rough at all and I absolutely love the old school inversions,especially the loops. Plus with Vortex it combined an awesome first drop, with all my favorite ride elements. I really wish there was a company that still built coaster like arrow. I know there never will be, but I can always hope. For, now I will hold on to hope that both Vipers and the Loch Ness Monster can hold on for awhile longer. Anaconda isn't that great and I know it it's gonna be the next one to go.

I'll never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever... (well you get the point) understand people who dog on Banshee, or specifically act like it lacks forces. My last rides on it in particular, just a couple of weeks ago, my feet actually were going numb by the end of the ride, usually a Batman hallmark. The ride pulls serious forces, and that's a simple fact. Maybe some don't like its spread out (read: unique and interesting) layout, compared to the Batman and Raptor Invert models, and that's fine, because opinions and preferences are for each, their own. But it's a forceful coaster, just like Millennium Force, and those denying it, are denying science, and physics, as my body a couple weeks ago can attest to.

I would not recommend you ride any B&Ms built before 2006, if Banshee makes your feet numb, ones with forces might kill you.

Again, if you want to deny science and reality, that's on you, no skin off my back!

Thanks for the compliment, but I dropped out of the stand up scene after bookings dried up. At least those thousands of dollars of training at second city can come in handy here. For realz though, I can't find how many G's the ride actually pulls anywhere (likely because it's not marketable when it's like 2 tops). If it's that forceful to you that's great, I just like to *feel* something when I'm on a coaster, and this ride just doesn't do it for me. It's not bad, it's just unmemorable.

Vortex actually is my #1, and it's been that way since I lost the Scream Machine back in 2010 which was previously my #1. I love arrow loopers. To me they aren't rough at all and I absolutely love the old school inversions,especially the loops. Plus with Vortex it combined an awesome first drop, with all my favorite ride elements. I really wish there was a company that still built coaster like arrow. I know there never will be, but I can always hope. For, now I will hold on to hope that both Vipers and the Loch Ness Monster can hold on for awhile longer. Anaconda isn't that great and I know it it's gonna be the next one to go.

Coaster hipster alert!

It was my plan to fly from GRR to CVG. I had it all booked. Spend 8 hours at Kings Island and fly home that night. Well American airlines had other plans with a broken plane. I left my house at 5 am to get to the airport, get through TSA and board the plane at 7. Should have landed just after 10 and been to the park by 11. Nope. After 3 hours waiting in the gate they canceled the flight due the broken plane and I was refunded and went home heart broken. Only bright side is the park looked packed

Thanks for the compliment, but I dropped out of the stand up scene after bookings dried up. At least those thousands of dollars of training at second city can come in handy here. For realz though, I can't find how many G's the ride actually pulls anywhere (likely because it's not marketable when it's like 2 tops). If it's that forceful to you that's great, I just like to *feel* something when I'm on a coaster, and this ride just doesn't do it for me. It's not bad, it's just unmemorable.

I agree with you, Dil. Banshee is a very solid and overall forceful coaster. What I love about it is that each inversion is the size of the first inversion of a coaster due to the terrain drop. It's like have seven "first loops" in a row! (Well, I guess the zero-g doesn't necessarily count, but whatever)

I agree that pre-2006 B&M's are generally more forceful and definitely more snappy, but how do you not feel the force on Banshee? Have you only ridden the thing once or twice? It can be hit or miss, granted, but even on 'slower' days you can still feel it coming out of the batwing through the loop and all the way up the helix until you get to the heartline roll.

I agree that pre-2006 B&M's are generally more forceful and definitely more snappy, but how do you not feel the force on Banshee? Have you only ridden the thing once or twice? It can be hit or miss, granted, but even on 'slower' days you can still feel it coming out of the batwing through the loop and all the way up the helix until you get to the heartline roll.

Got a back row ride and a front row ride. Was expecting some forces until we hit the brake run. I'll give it another try when I get out there next year for Orion. I'll admit that there was some hangtime in most of the inversions, but there was really nothing for me force-wise. *shrug*

I’ll admit Banshee is my least favorite B&M invert, and probably my least favorite B&M period.

It just didn’t “do anything for me.” I was so excited to have a “nice big forceful B&M invert with a unique layout.” And when I rode it I came off thinking.... “That was it? WTF is all the hype for?” - It is by NO means a “bad” coaster. To me it’s just... meh. Next please. I’ve literally had more forceful rides on all the Batman clones I’ve been on... and Black Mamba blows Banshee out of the water.

And while we are on the Banshee topic....

Wanted to loop back around to this now that I've ridden Banshee...Damn that ride is underwhelming. It looks great but than you get on it and it's like "wow it pulls...1.2 gs?" I mean Silver Bullet is kind of boring, but at least it has that awesome over bank. Banshee is the most disappointing B&M I've ridden.

This. 100% this. Glad I’m. It the only one that fees this way.

There’s just never an “OMG!! That was amazing!!” Experience on the coaster. It’s Just kinda.... there.

I don’t hate it, and I do ride it every time I’m at the park... However every experience has always been the same. I get off Banshee wanting... more,.

Don’t hate me! Just my personal opinion.

Well, I profoundly disagree with everything said by those who don't find Banshee forceful, or an awesome B&M Invert, and coaster in general, but at the end of the day, it's your opinion and experience. It delivers everything I personally want from a B&M Invert, and threw some nice new twists in there, and I'm grateful it's at an awesome park like KI, and somewhere I can go regularly! Makes up for Raptor being underwhelming these days, and occasionally not even ridden when I go to The Point!

Banshee feels nothing like any other B&M invert. It's surprisingly forceful but mainly at the bottom of the elements when it's pulling out of the drop. The elements themselves are all drawn out and very modern-B&Mish but it's still a lot of fun. Not everything can be Montu. There's no such thing as a B&M invert that isn't great.

The first drop in the back seat has some surprising airtime! It's not an element, but the sensation of speed at the bottom of the drop in the ravine between the zero g and the pretzel loop thing always catches me off gaurd. It's like, holy crap we shouldn't be going this fast on an invert!

I’ll admit Banshee is my least favorite B&M invert, and probably my least favorite B&M period.

It just didn’t “do anything for me.” I was so excited to have a “nice big forceful B&M invert with a unique layout.” And when I rode it I came off thinking.... “That was it? WTF is all the hype for?” - It is by NO means a “bad” coaster. To me it’s just... meh. Next please. I’ve literally had more forceful rides on all the Batman clones I’ve been on... and Black Mamba blows Banshee out of the water.

And while we are on the Banshee topic....

Wanted to loop back around to this now that I've ridden Banshee...Damn that ride is underwhelming. It looks great but than you get on it and it's like "wow it pulls...1.2 gs?" I mean Silver Bullet is kind of boring, but at least it has that awesome over bank. Banshee is the most disappointing B&M I've ridden.

This. 100% this. Glad I’m. It the only one that fees this way.

There’s just never an “OMG!! That was amazing!!” Experience on the coaster. It’s Just kinda.... there.

I don’t hate it, and I do ride it every time I’m at the park... However every experience has always been the same. I get off Banshee wanting... more,.

Don’t hate me! Just my personal opinion.

pnznkqgsrgw4tx0qdpxr.jpg

Banshee feels nothing like any other B&M invert.

This right here. I LOVE Banshee, and it is my favorite ride at Kings Island. It feels much more like a Wing coaster or Flyer than an Invert. I kind of rank it similarly to rides like Tatsu and GateKeeper than any old-school B&M Invert. It feels totally different.

Ya'll can hate on Banshee all you'd like. Shorter line for me. I love that ride.