TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Hoping to visit this park for the first time soon, I had originally planned the last week of May to visit along with visiting Holiday World though I forgot schools will all likely be letting out plus memorial day weekend is during this time, would this be a good time to visit or should I do it the week before or the week after to avoid crowds? I was looking at visiting during the Tues-Weds timeframe.

I was there the 2nd week of June last year on a Thursday and Friday and the lines were not bad yet. The only coaster I waited more than a station wait for was Flight Of Fear, and even that was only about 15 minutes. I laughed (inside) at all the people who paid for FL. It wasn't needed...lol This may have just been an off season however since there wasn't a big shiny new attraction.

Keep in mind that if you do this you'll literally drive right by Kentucky Kingdom. They're open that week, they have a great out of state special and they have an RMC, a new family wood coaster that's probably great based on the other ones and a great little Morgan.

I vote don't worry about the timing and take advantage of one of the best bang-for-buck fast pass systems there is at this park. I can't really comment on the crowds during those times.

Thanks all for the insights.

Amusement Insiders did a very in-depth analysis of the information we have available thus far. With insight from engineers, they're predicting it be something like this...

maxresdefault.jpg

1DA1B443-FEB0-45BA-B671-3C9F68108F66.thumb.png.bdf98d96e357f7e307db2746de33a2d3.png

Originally, I was concerned the length of this coaster, when I initially saw the blueprints. But I have to admit, I really do like what I'm seeing here. It maybe "only" 48 seconds from drop to brakes, but if the ride turns out to be like the layout shown above, it looks like it would be quite the dense 48 seconds.

A common thing I hear from Fury's reviews, is that if there's one unnecessary part of the ride, it would be the long, drawn-out helix that comes after trim. It sounds that it doesn't really add much to the ride outside of pad its length stats (perhaps someone here could comment on that). This one on the other will have a much more interesting Shambhala-esque helix.

This looks it will be one heck of a ride that leaves no element or part of its layout to waste. All the fat will have been trimmed, if you will. (and by trimmed, no I don't mean the brakes, although it probably will have at least one ).

Interesting prediction. More power to them for consulting engineers and creating an intricate model, but I have a hard time taking this seriously. Obviously there will be things that are drastically different about this coaster, but it's good to have an idea about the potential of this thing.

More power to them for consulting engineers and creating an intricate model, but I have a hard time taking this seriously.

With you 100% on this statement. I also know that using the term "engineer" doesn't say much, considering his engineering knowledge may in no way coincide with the actual knowledge and experience needed to create this concept. Even with that considered, this shows that the layout really does have a lot of potential to kick ass.

Looking forward to KI in 2020 regardless! That layout concept looks like a lot of fun!

Anyone complaining about stats but loves I305 the estimated stats are very similar to I305 with KI2020 being 200-300ft longer. This should be one heck of a fast, fun and thrilling ride.

^That was my thought too. If it's anything close to the rendering, this layout could produce an I305 or Skyrush type of experience in terms of pacing (though almost certainly not intensity). A relentless, if somewhat short layout that maximizes every foot of track it has.

I also think this does a better job differentiating itself from Diamondback than either Fury 325 or Leviathan do from Intimidator and Behemoth.

I think many people hoped they'll do more with these huge chunks of land the park has available and are now a little bit let down because this ride is "short" and has a "small" footprint. This is understandable for me. Just think of this "Beast Unleashed" prediction everyone saw. That "would have been" amazing.

But I really think this ride - if the concept will be right - will be a hell of a ride, a lot of fun and we will marathon it well when we finally return to KI.

I really hate to refer to the fan made concept. But, if it's anywhere near similar to what KI will install it will allow Diamondback to remain more relevant with its longer more drawn out floater airtime experience vs. more sustained speed, quick transitions, and a brake run full of "WTF just happened" faces. It will only make their line-up that much stronger. I love this park.

Wow. Kings Island fans been clamoring all these years for a giga and then complain when they get one.

Even if the layout looks shorter than other gigas (if those prints are true), this thing should maintain some serious speed into the brake run.

That's my first time ever reading anything on KI Central, and my last. What a shit show. Long live TPR.

Same! Sure makes me glad that I’m a TPR member!

KIC is going ape-shit right now about this thing not reaching 300’, which is a ridiculous rumor to begin. People over there are calling this a “Kmart coaster”; not kidding. I don’t know about other members in my area, but I’d much rather drive seven hours every year to ride this “not a giga coaster” than just down the road to my home park, Six Flags St. Louis or Worlds of Fun (they’re equidistant).

Sure enough though, I did find full blueprints over there and it shows the lift and station starting at an elevation of 10-15ft just like I predicted. I’m pretty certain this whole 285ft rumor started as an oversight to this fact which is why I think it’s ludicrous.

Edited by RollerManic

That's my first time ever reading anything on KI Central, and my last. What a shit show. Long live TPR.

The most popular phrase over there is "our giga"

That sums it up. Looks like a lot of information was discovered at the court house so I'm excited to let it marinate with those who are good with dissecting all that. Looks similar to Fury and Kings Island always does a great job with adding a theme or story so I'm excited to see the teasers to start popping up!

I’m personally psyched with this layout. It’s basically what you’d get if you took out the two lamest parts of Fury (the shallow hill after the stall-dive thingy and the helix) and that’s perfectly fine with me.

I'll quote what I wrote not long ago in the Carowinds thread about Fury:

You'll love it. Fury defintely lives up to the hype. What 300+ ft coaster that goes 90+ mph doesn't? Oh wait some think Millennium Force sucks lol. Which is the other giga I've been on.

People are going to complain about this already? Seriously? What the hell is wrong with people.

I'll be making the 3 hour drive next summer to ride this, no doubt. I'm happy for the sane KI fans who are getting the coaster they have been waiting for.

Cool, well I was probably going to go ride this next year anyway no matter what the height, mainly because I love Kings Island. 300 feet is very marketable though, so worth the expense to get it to a round number. This will be a hit. I can't think of a giga coaster that hasn't been. People like coasters that are tall and fast. It's simple, but that's the philosophy that has driven the industry for over a century.

Living in Cleveland I consider this my second home park and I am stoked over the layout. I think it looks great. Yes it seems to be on the shorter side but it packs a ton into that layout. We have to remember parks don't give a rats ass about enthusiasts. They care about the "GP" and the GP will adore this ride and come in droves to ride it.