TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I’m almost certain this coaster will have a theme connected to the beast. I mean, what about all of that “no. 5 is alive” stuff that was teased last year.

I agree, but not for the reason you stated.

Orion, while also a constellation, comes from the Greek mythical hunter known for "beast-hunting prowess" as described in ancient literature. Based on the current clearing, I'm thinking its going to come precariously close to the Beast's brake shed (but hopefully not too close).

(Plus the clearing is the wrong shape...).

I can't believe you're already body shaming this coaster.

The idea of it being a giga dive coaster is interesting, although I didn't understand your logic about Goliath.

No worries, there's no logic there to get. Just a parody.

Although I wouldn't not ride the hell out of a giga dive coaster. Just sayin'.

For those who were as confused as I was about what those pics are, compare the second pic to the supports on Fury's first drop.

952135983_Furypic.thumb.jpg.8d1d66d4664e1f5428d18c6aaff723e0.jpg

The blueprint is a bird's eye view and is taken so that the first drop is going toward the top of the picture. There are some faint pencil lines that show the track.

Basically it shows that this coaster is 99.99999% a giga.

The bottom picture shows the scale of the project and gives a better idea of the big picture.

EDIT: There are now three pictures in the post above me...

I was curious about this project so I read through that thread on KIC. I must say that I'm glad TPR doesn't get nearly that crazy. Sheesh.

Here are the rumoured leaks. Make what you want of them, but it looks to me this thing is a Leviathan 2.0.

I'm not going to comment on those photos as the KIC mods keep taking them down. Apparently they're either fake or illegal (i.e. it sounds like someone accidentally broke an NDA and shared them for a few minutes before taking them down).

Either the scale is wrong or that is not a giga.

EDIT: I should point out I believe the issue is the scale is wrong

You are correct, either the scale is wrong or it's not a giga. The scale has the lift at about 150ft long. Someone on KIC compared the scale to one of the footers and found that it was off by a factor of 2. Take that for what you will.

I'm going to restrain myself and not regurgitate all the speculation from KIC because it really is just speculation. As a personal suggestion I would recommend not reading through 20+ pages of one-sentence posts and save yourself the time , but there are some interesting pics in there overlaying the rumored layout onto google maps etc. The entire thread is basically a bunch of people sharing their best guesses and

nobody's really converged on anything other than the fact that this project is most likely a giga. Based on the blueprints several posts up from the Mason city hall, I think that we can be fairly confident about that.

^Its not normally like that. Really, it isn't...

Its just during speculation season and/or when major plans get released that the drama and dissension boil over - mostly resulting from a flurry of brand new, inexperienced users hijacking the thread with ill-advised posts. This is bound to happen when you have a park-specific forum as highly frequented as KIC. What's happening now is not all that different than what transpired throughout MT and Banshee speculation.

During non-decoding season, I've always found KIC to be quite the respectful and rational community.

I read a lot of KIC alos of people seem really upset. I mean for the most part somebody leaked all that information I would be upset at the front but no matter what you are getting a roller coaster. There are a few cedar fair parks that dont even get any roller coasters or other park chains that dont either. Whether it be a winged coaster or a giga coaster or a dive coaster your still getting a nice shiny new coaster.

I read a lot of KIC alos of people seem really upset. I mean for the most part somebody leaked all that information I would be upset at the front but no matter what you are getting a roller coaster. There are a few cedar fair parks that dont even get any roller coasters or other park chains that dont either. Whether it be a winged coaster or a giga coaster or a dive coaster your still getting a nice shiny new coaster.

This point is worth reposting. No matter what happens and whether this coaster is everything everyone is dreaming of or something else, we know we're getting a new B&M and there really are very few bad B&Ms (mostly from them being old and parks not maintaining them well).

While I sure hope this coaster at least beats Firehawk as far as my personal preferences go, I'm sure it'll be a win for Kings Island either way.

These thoughts brought to you as a result of the disappointed speculators on KIC...

The main reason people are upset is because they're afraid this coaster won't break Fury's records. I personally have no problem with that as I'd be more than happy to have a giga at KI AND an excuse to still go to Carowinds. Fury's still relatively new so it doesn't make sense for KI to break the record anyway. BUT, I must add, we still don't know hardly anything about this coaster. It's all just speculation.

Well the consensus on KIC actually is that it IS indeed a giga, but not looking to be the record-breaking, game-changing, one like Fury we were all hoping for. Granted, its extremely difficult to tell what specific elements will or won't be present, so we don't know if the turnaround will be a cool treble-cleff like thing OR the plain criss-cross hammerhead found on Leviathan etc.

It looks to have a helix, which is good. But the main concern is how short this coaster could be. It might not even be longer than DB the way it looks right now, and when you're going giga speed, its going to burn track length fast.

I guess the thing I'm most disappointed by is it not going as far back into the woods as I was hoping, which would have made for yet another incredible night ride. I think it will still be 'good' night ride, but imagine if it were to dogleg away from the Beast into the foliage another 500 ft?

What I'm hoping for at this point is that its relatively short layout can be compensated with intensity a la I305. Now I know this is a B&M, but I feel they've come along way since Leviathan.

I don't know. Personally, I'm kinda disappointed that this thread hasn't turned into 600 pages of armchair surveying, civil engineering, computer-aided design interpretation, trigonometric mathematics, NDA-violating, FOIA-requesting, PDF-downloading, glue-sniffing enthusiast speculation. Would really liven the place up.

I don't know. Personally, I'm kinda disappointed that this thread hasn't turned into 600 pages of armchair surveying, civil engineering, computer-aided design interpretation, trigonometric mathematics, NDA-violating, FOIA-requesting, PDF-downloading, glue-sniffing enthusiast speculation. Would really liven the place up.

I'm skeptical of the blue prints. How official are they? If they're legit, it leads me to believe that this is a very basic out and back giga or that it's not a giga at all. At first glance, Diamondback's layout seems much more interesting. It doesn't make all that much sense to me.

Length may be effected if there are budget concerns. CF didn't have a strong 2018, so maybe this is way its so "short" in appearance in these prints. Until any sort of official announcement is made all we can do is fangirl and speculate.

However, I kinda dug that layout in the NoLimits video. A shorter in length could be fun as it could really keep its speed throughout. Look at Mako, it's stats don't impress but people love it.

Someone estimated off the prints it could be around 5300' long which puts it longer than I305 (at 5100' listed per RCDB) and just shorter than Leviathan. So not bad. Just not the record breaker people expected.

Regardless I'm pumped for a new B&M at KI in 2020.