TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Is it impossible that these peices are also for Hershey and are just not painted yet?

That depends, do you consider it possible for the coaster to have two stations, and two sets of transfer track using two different sizes of track?

As long as your a reasonable person, it is impossible. We have no way to know for certain this is going to Kings Island, but there is no way this track is for Hershey.

Is it impossible that these peices are also for Hershey and are just not painted yet?

That depends, do you consider it possible for the coaster to have two stations, and two sets of transfer track using two different sizes of track?

As long as your a reasonable person, it is impossible. We have no way to know for certain this is going to Kings Island, but there is no way this track is for Hershey.

:lol: You guys are brutal. I didn't think that was a crazy question (but then again I never know exactly what I'm looking at with these types of updates with a bunch of random track in a field).

CSF is nice enough to label the lift, transfer, and station track pieces which makes it very easy to identify those. Plus transfer track does not have bolt holes at the ends.

59458531_2334998373412434_7448628650351525888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=9d70d58d6dd4cea2fba862f5389097c2&oe=5D5E7A01

58766072_2334996980079240_6713308813094551552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=8bfef7d820ffb370a965bbf6473e3913&oe=5D325AEE

That second image shows how the track flares out, this is going to heading towards the lift hill, looks like it is straight out of the station onto the lift. That transition to the larger size is how its pretty obvious this is going to be for a giga.

I assume it's primer as well, but not gonna lie I'm kinda digging the steel grey look of it. I would not be upset at all if that was the color they went with.

Also, with the land clearing going in the direction it's going. I also think a nice matte black would be awesome. Think of the night rides back in the woods if the track is so dark it almost disappears.

This is totally unrelated to current speculation, but...

Things I roll my eyes:

1). Complaints of being disappointed by #theshed.

First off, what, in the ACTUAL f were you expecting?

I read theories that off-season pondering drop-tracks, inversions, you name it. Just absolutely ludicrous expectations of something that in no way had any feasible way of happening, and predictably were disappointed when it turned to be out nothing special.

Would you rather sit on an unshaded, block section out in the hot sun instead?

I for one do not care at all for what happens or doesn't happen in the shed. The fact that they run THREE trains simultaneously on a 3,265 ft long GCI is quite remarkable to me. All made possible by the shed. Wodan is one of the other few GCIs with three trains. Not even Wood Coaster 4,817 ft long runs with three...

They were clever enough to sell what-would be stacking under the guise of an "immersive experience". Brilliant move if you ask me

2.) Complaints of Beast lift hill being slow.

Would you rather wait in the station?

Would you rather come to a complete stop while on the lift, wait for the train ahead clear its block, and then go ahead at an unnaturally fast rate?

Because those are the alternatives...

3.) Complaints of Adventure Express being a "let-down"

Would you rather there be nothing? Its gotta get back to the station somehow...

And its not unprecedented to have a lift at the end solely for the purpose of getting back to the station. See Ninja at SFMM.

NEWS:

Cedar Fair trademarked the names "Polaris" and "Orion"!

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/polaris-88409330.html

https://trademark.trademarkia.com/orion-88409337.html

Polaris - the polestar or North Star, a star of the second magnitude situated close to the north pole of the heavens, in the constellation Ursa Minor: the outermost star in the handle of the Little Dipper.

Orion - a hunter in greek mythology

- a prominent constellation located on the celestial equator and visible throughout the world

Hopefully given KI already has the signature "Cedar Fair Special" paint jobs dominating the skyline (the red hues of Diamondback and Banshee), this one hopefully will be something on the opposite side of the color wheel, perhaps. We can only hope...

CSF is nice enough to label the lift, transfer, and station track pieces which makes it very easy to identify those. Plus transfer track does not have bolt holes at the ends.

58766072_2334996980079240_6713308813094551552_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=8bfef7d820ffb370a965bbf6473e3913&oe=5D325AEE

That second image shows how the track flares out, this is going to heading towards the lift hill, looks like it is straight out of the station onto the lift. That transition to the larger size is how its pretty obvious this is going to be for a giga.

Those hollow square bar sections throughout that track are for the lap bar release mechanism, they raise up and press against the release on the bottom of the train. Considering there's one right at the edge of that section, it can't be for the end of the station because the zero car would be there, not a car with a restraint release.

... Those hollow square bar sections throughout that track are for the lap bar release mechanism, they raise up and press against the release on the bottom of the train. Considering there's one right at the edge of that section, it can't be for the end of the station because the zero car would be there, not a car with a restraint release.

Those hollow square bar sections throughout the track are also for the attachment of proximity switches/sensors. So, if that is indeed the station to lift segment. It would make sense that those mounts are there for the end of station proximity switches/sensors.

Or when Fury 325 was in development/under construction. Carowinds even played around with the whole Greek thing and even had a Centurion t-shirt on hand for the announcement day.

Centurion - I think Cedar Fair trademarked it five years ago

Correct. However, its been dead for years now because of a conflicting trademark that had already took Centurion.

Here you can see the teasing of Centurion before they scrapped the name and theme for Fury/Fury 325...

7-14-14-1-goldsteh.jpg

https://www.carowindsconnection.com/fury325.php

And then...

7-28-14-2-Mountain3307.jpg

https://www.carowindsconnection.com/fury325.php

(Plus the clearing is the wrong shape...).

I can't believe you're already body shaming this coaster.

The idea of it being a giga dive coaster is interesting, although I didn't understand your logic about Goliath.

Polaris - the polestar or North Star, a star of the second magnitude situated close to the north pole of the heavens, in the constellation Ursa Minor: the outermost star in the handle of the Little Dipper.

Orion - a hunter in greek mythology

- a prominent constellation located on the celestial equator and visible throughout the world

Both of these ideas could loosely be tied to Beast. Given that CP tied Steel Vengeance to Maverick in theme, maybe the giga would be tied to Beast thematically?

I've been staring at the posters from Winterfest 2018 for hours now. I'm wondering if the text in "Flight of Cheer" are colors of the coaster. The 355 written on the bottom of the calendar is the height and the face in the loop is the logo. The trademarked names of Orion & Polaris certainly fit the X-Base / space theme also. Also, the #5 that keeps popping up in easter eggs like Son of Beast station means the 5th giga in North America???

Polaris.thumb.jpg.7ef76b5a9317c33df5dd0393c38e0221.jpg

Polaris2.thumb.jpg.c5c528cdb6e997cc8ba3fe4302ea31d0.jpg

1022110234_Polaris3.thumb.jpg.e310bcd20b4c80eae8f2c77148ea6fde.jpg

I can't tell if the poster analysis is being sarcastic or not. I mean, it should be, but you never know.