TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^I agree too. Maybe they'll put a tunnel or something?

It's cool seeing the clearing they're doing! This is so exciting!

I'm going to Kings Island for the first time in the next week and was wondering if someone could tell me where the ride cam is on Mystic Timbers. Would love to stage an on-ride pic. Thanks!

Its right as you're going down the first drop.

Have fun!

Thank you so much!

The camera is stationed to the left specifically if that helps. Good luck!

Well I think its safe to say its not going to be a dive at this point (way too sprawling).

If it is a wing or floorless, itd have to be the biggest wing or floorless in the world.

But even then, there is probably more clearing to be done, and you could already fit Diamondback in the current footprint.

Edited by Intamin_coyote

...Personally, I'm thinking the giga rumors are true. But what the hell do I know?

I too am starting to think this is going to be a giga... Now can I REALLY go out on a limb and hope it will be an Intamin Giga?! (Even though deep down inside, we all know it will be B&M) hey... I can dream right?!?!

I made this using the Warren County GIS website. I turned on a topographic overlay to show why I think the coaster is going where it is. The Purple area has already been cleared and can be seen in the photo above, the red outline is where I think it is going and based on reports is already partly cleared. The blue line is The Beast and the MCBR is the part where the blue and red are parallel.

FYI according to Google Maps, that distance from far south to the northern tip of where Firehawk was located is 2,600 feet. Which is about the same length horizontally of Fury 325. If the designers wanted flat ground that is the best that is possible in this area of the park.

1531038334_KIClearing.thumb.jpg.f3faa9941a98aee51145336fb3468a7f.jpg

What information do we really have that can indicate the red area will be cleared?

Now can I REALLY go out on a limb and hope it will be an Intamin Giga?! (Even though deep down inside, we all know it will be B&M) hey... I can dream right?!?!

There's no deep down inside, man. From what I understand, it's already pretty much confirmed to be a B&M.

What information do we really have that can indicate the red area will be cleared?

Sorry I thought I was clear, it’s speculation based on the topology of the land, and the clearing that has been occurring over the last few days. There is a little more backing it up but in the end it’s all educated speculation.

Now can I REALLY go out on a limb and hope it will be an Intamin Giga?! (Even though deep down inside, we all know it will be B&M) hey... I can dream right?!?!

There's no deep down inside, man. From what I understand, it's already pretty much confirmed to be a B&M.

And that's honestly fine with me.

B&M proved with Fury that they can make an insanely awesome giga.

I think with Leviathan they were playing it a little safe... considering they once said (long ago) they "wouldn't do 300ft" IIRC.

I have outstanding news for anyone in Ohio who wants to ride an Intamin Giga coaster that absolutely slaps. You don’t have to wait until 2020 either.

Yep. At a Cedar Fair park, too! I think we can be fairly sure that whatever KI gets will be significantly different than MF.

First time at KI in over 20 years yesterday. Had a blast. Old roommate joined me along with his family for a few hours. Great seeing them.

Fast Lane makes everything super easy here like everyone says. Great buy during the Prez day sale.

Started raining for a few hours around 5. Diamondback in the rain was a fun time. Banshee was excellent. Throw Stunt Coaster in the garbage.

Ended up with 30 coaster rides. Loved seeing the park and I-street. Beast at night was great and brought back some memories. Everyone working was great.

My only complaint is they need about 5 more Chik Fil A stands.

Land clearing is indeed beginning to extend past Racer per this most recent update by Ohio Valley Coasters:

Also, something I thought I noticed before but now is clearly apparent in this video are what looks to be new buildings being constructed down the service road form the red maintenance buildings. Could they possibly be relocating the current buildings or are they unrelated?

I've never been one to ride the KI Giga train ever (even with the permit filled last year), but now with the permit and this land clearing I'm a believer. Looking at how long and narrow this land clearing is becoming, there's nothing short of a giga reasonable for it.

I'll try to start giving a weekly update from the park since I'll be visiting a lot more (maybe daily if something changes during my visits )

On Friday, April 26th, the weather was much better than the previous weekend. In terms of land clearing, as you've seen the stretch of land has been extended back towards Beast's first brake shed. All 3 Arrow's where open as well and entertainment options where posted at locations around the park. Currently the following shows are set to be for this year:

• Gravity - Kings Island Theater
  • Off The Charts - International Bandstand
  • *NEW*Flashback 80's - International Showplace
  • *NEW* Country Flashback - Festhaus
  • *NEW* Space Beagle - Peanuts Showpalce

IMG_0816.thumb.JPG.81e7fe3a55ace853aabf0eebd8b99301.JPG

Land clearing heading back towards Beast's first brake shed. Its interesting to note how close this is coming to Field of Screams, the parks Haunt maze that is only 3 years old. It will be interesting to see if the maze returns this season.

IMG_0817.thumb.JPG.4c5e8fb9159e793721fd71e5d6be179a.JPG

Nothing new from the looks of it. The building that was mentioned above is what is pictured

IMG_0828.thumb.JPG.cde8477ceb6b8240bcfaa619bc372b91.JPG

Vortex is finally open!

IMG_0832.thumb.JPG.9e859e1591e57bc5cad065c2cb895bb1.JPG

Watching it come down from the Eiffel tower.

IMG_0846.thumb.JPG.3351f7cafbf7e48eb0f2dc4f71dacfd5.JPG

Underrated Gem is back open as well

IMG_0857.thumb.JPG.34ece009993eb5802dd83ca77de25156.JPG

The shrubs/plants around the exit for Bat have been chopped so you get a good shot like this of the Bat as well as a good shot of the helix on Banshee if you move to the left of where this photo was captured.

IMG_8827.thumb.JPG.9d06aab07c6500bdfa5d45229acdffff.JPG

Calling all pin collectors! a look at the pin options at Coasters Connection, between Drop Tower and Banshee

IMG_8897.thumb.jpg.a4637583297383f10e98db0d87d2db01.jpg

Chicken Shack in Action Zone now has smoked chicken wings with the flavors of plain, barbecue and mild. This option is included with dining plans

Land clearing heading back towards Beast's first brake shed. Its interesting to note how close this is coming to Field of Screams, the parks Haunt maze that is only 3 years old. It will be interesting to see if the maze returns this season.

That's one of the first things I thought of when I saw the clearing as well. IMO Field of Screams is one of the best mazes at the park so I hope they find a way to keep it.

Calling all pin collectors! a look at the pin options at Coasters Connection, between Drop Tower and Banshee

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cc768c9535472666b20da0e&rid=giphy.gif