TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Really interested in this project but I'm sure it'll be til August before we know anything more about it. I think what can be speculated has been speculated, which is not surprising considering how many coaster enthusiasts are from Cincinnati. A lot of people seem to think this actually will be a B&M giga and I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I'd love to see something completely new and I'm wondering just what KI and B&M can pull out of their sleeve. My guess is that, if it's not a giga, it'll be something completely unexpected.

Interesting...

Hersheypark-ChocolateTown-Kings-Island-giga-Roller-coaster-track-008.jpg?w=800

So I found this from Wild Gravity Travels

The brown track with MCR marked on it, obviously is likely Hershey's 2020 hyper, but right behind you'll see some gray track with MCT written on it.

Allegedly, B&M's hyper models go in alphabetical order based on the letter after MC.

https%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20190422%2Ffb61925722c002fab213c3377cee2a3e.jpg

EDIT: ^This was Fury's track, not the other track currently sitting at Batavia.

Fury was MCN, and there's between three hyper (models) since then. Mako, and the two in China would have been O, P, and Q, respectively.

So MCR would make sense for HP's hyper, but the question then remains as to what happened to MCS? My guess is that might have been CGA's rumored but-supposedly cancelled hyper, which would make MCT track for KI's 2020 B&M (or vice-versa).

If the MCT track shown above truly is destined for KI, then I would sure hope that is just a primer or something and that gray is not the final color

Edited by Intamin_coyote

Quick little shout out to the new restaurant at KI the Miami River Brewhouse. Grabbed lunch there and enjoyed the set up. You order at the register, they give you one of those little paging disks you get at restaurants, go find a seat and then they bring you your food. Total time from ordering to receiving my meal was about 5-7 mins give or take, not bad for opening day IMO.

Anyways, I usually don't make a big deal about food at most parks but boy did CF really step up their game here. I got the Pubhouse Burger and I will honestly say it tasted amazing. The burgers themselves tasted fresh and not frozen (can not confirm if they are frozen or not). And in general it was one of the best burgers I've had at a CF park. Honestly reminded me of Shake Shack. 8/10 would recommend. My nephews both got the pulled pork sliders and loved them and my brother got their hot dog loaded with beer cheese, sauerkraut and mustard and enjoyed that as well.

Definitely digging the new direction CF is taking with food ops and it's giving me some hope of what CP is adding this year. Glad to see them focusing on better quality and service.

Good to hear that the food is getting better. I feel over the last few years this is something that they have been working on across the chain.

Looks like the last two B&M's at Cedar Point show X-works. I am sure that someone has pictures of the sticker on Diamondback, and also Yukon striker to compare.

^

Well, X-Works as a customer is Cedar Fair (IIRC, or was X-Works even Cedar Point directly?), so the wouldn't be that wild, if the picture is actual.

It's a picture of Fury 325 track. He posted it to show the MC lettering. It's not a picture of anything currently sitting at this plant. This section of track is currently sitting at Carowinds being awesome.

^

Well, X-Works as a customer is Cedar Fair (IIRC, or was X-Works even Cedar Point directly?), so the wouldn't be that wild, if the picture is actual.

X-Works is generic, it is used so enthusiasts cannot easily figure out where the track is going. The stickers had park names at one point years ago until some parks announcement was spoiled.

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping for some crowd-avoidance advice for a trip to Kings Island (and Cedar Point) in late May. My family will be getting the Coaster Combo deal for one day at CP and one day at KI (a great deal we used last year for $65!) and we're coming from Baltimore. We'll try to go to KI on a Tuesday and then CP on a Thursday (need a day break between to help calm the stomach for maximum coaster riding ).

Anyway, ideally we'd go the last week in May, just after Memorial Day (KI on Tuesday, 5/28, and CP on Thursday, 5/30). I noticed that CP still has the earlier 8pm close then (indicating they're less crowded?), but KI closes at 10pm. I also checked the area schools and Cincinnati and Cleveland's last day is 5/23, while Columbus is 5/30. That worries me a bit and I'm wondering what you all think about how bad the crowds might be.

In year's past, we've always made sure to go on weekdays before those school systems have let out. We won't do the FastLane stuff, so are hoping for decently short lines because of light crowds. If it's likely to be much better, we can shift to the earlier week (5/21 - 5/23). Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Justin

^^^^^^^While I'm kind of surprised about these pictures popping up, I stand by what I said earlier, that we're not going to know what's happening until August. I think KI and CF in general have proven that they know how to mess with enthusiasts. While it's not a bad guess that this track is going to KI, they're not going to give us any REAL leads until the announcement except possibly a "leak" a day or two beforehand. You can think what you want, but even if this track is going to KI I'm sure they'll find a way to make at least some people believe that it's not.

True, we won't we won't have any real confirmation until the announcement is made, but there will be a lot of indications based on land clearing, footers, etc. I would assume that KI will get this thing going vertical ASAP after the announcement. That's what they did with Banshee and it seemed like it generated a lot of hype with park guests.

^^ And there will also be teasers that likely show up well before the announcement.

I can imagine that they didn't bother putting up teasers Opening Day (like they did for MT, and Banshee) because of all the other new things to be seen for 2019. For now, they want the focus to be on that (and I don't blame them - this is perhaps the most exciting non-coaster/non-major thrill ride opening year I've ever seen at KI)

Teasers will show up no later than early-July, I'm predicting. But I would not be surprised if they show up some time in May or June.

If you do not mind spoilers, the county requires that concrete foundations which includes coaster footers be filed with the county. These documents are public records and coaster fans will know very quickly after the park files the blueprints. With Mystic Timbers several individuals went to the county offices and requested to see the documents and posted pictures of them online. They were filed June 16th and appeared online on the 17th.

This is required before the park can pour any concrete. So before we see a single footer we should already know the layout, and model for certain and since we already know most B&M coasters feature a 45 degree lift hill we will be able to calculate height pretty accurately.

I can imagine that they didn't bother putting up teasers Opening Day (like they did for MT, and Banshee) because of all the other new things to be seen for 2019. For now, they want the focus to be on that (and I don't blame them - this is perhaps the most exciting non-coaster/non-major thrill ride opening year I've ever seen at KI).

Are we sure there weren't any teasers? Maybe we just haven't found them yet...

When I rode the antique cars on Friday and mentioned to the op all the easter eggs and ride references I had noticed, she mentioned there was a Firehawk reference but said she wasn't allowed to tell me where it was. Her choice of words made me think that maybe it was a teaser of some sort.

If anyone else rode the antique cars, did you notice anything? It would be really interesting if it was a teaser incorporated as part of the theming to their new ride. I don't think I've heard of that happening before.

I can imagine that they didn't bother putting up teasers Opening Day (like they did for MT, and Banshee) because of all the other new things to be seen for 2019. For now, they want the focus to be on that (and I don't blame them - this is perhaps the most exciting non-coaster/non-major thrill ride opening year I've ever seen at KI).

When I rode the antique cars on Friday and mentioned to the op all the easter eggs and ride references I had noticed, she mentioned there was a Firehawk reference but said she wasn't allowed to tell me where it was. Her choice of words made me think that maybe it was a teaser of some sort.

If anyone else rode the antique cars, did you notice anything? It would be really interesting if it was a teaser incorporated as part of the theming to their new ride. I don't think I've heard of that happening before.

There’s a can in the gas station window labeled “Firehawk Fuel.” It’s right under the “Mystic Chainsaw Oil” can.

I think what can be speculated has been speculated, which is not surprising considering how many coaster enthusiasts are from Cincinnati. A lot of people seem to think this actually will be a B&M giga and I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

I am losing count of the number of regular people (completely outside our little hobby) who have asked me about the new giga coaster coming to Kings Island next year -- asking me the question as if it's a sure thing, asking me what a "giga" coaster is, and asking me if it's going to look like the videos they've watched on the internet.

As best as I can figure it out, over the past several months, several local media outlets picked up on some of the coaster nerd speculation online, grabbed one or two of the fan-made animations from YouTube, and ran with it as unapologetic clickbait.

I've been trying to tell people that yes, it's very possible Kings Island gets a large, expensive, 300-plus foot tall coaster in 2020 (or maybe 2021). But everything they've read and seen about it so far is questionably sourced, to say the least.

If you do not mind spoilers, the county requires that concrete foundations which includes coaster footers be filed with the county. These documents are public records and coaster fans will know very quickly after the park files the blueprints. With Mystic Timbers several individuals went to the county offices and requested to see the documents and posted pictures of them online. They were filed June 16th and appeared online on the 17th.

This is required before the park can pour any concrete. So before we see a single footer we should already know the layout, and model for certain and since we already know most B&M coasters feature a 45 degree lift hill we will be able to calculate height pretty accurately.

Well, I stand corrected then. To be fair, I wasn't around for Mystic's announcement. I look forward to seeing more about this project!

I am losing count of the number of regular people (completely outside our little hobby) who have asked me about the new giga coaster coming to Kings Island next year -- asking me the question as if it's a sure thing, asking me what a "giga" coaster is, and asking me if it's going to look like the videos they've watched on the internet.

It's been a few years but I lived in Mason pretty much my entire life and this sounds about right

Considering it's Ohio and there's not much else to do in the area, it comes as no surprise that the GP gets hyped about all things KI very easily. Incidentally, the area also seems to be a breeding ground for enthusiasts on some level. I had my fair share of coaster nerd friends in middle and high school, and I've even met some enthusiasts online by happenstance who are alums of my same high school. Heck, even on here KI has one of the longest discussion threads.

There’s a can in the gas station window labeled “Firehawk Fuel.” It’s right under the “Mystic Chainsaw Oil” can.

Dragster relocation to KI confirmed!

I'm going to Kings Island for the first time in the next week and was wondering if someone could tell me where the ride cam is on Mystic Timbers. Would love to stage an on-ride pic. Thanks!

Its right as you're going down the first drop.

Have fun!

Thank you so much!

Sounds like the clearing might have reached a point you cannot observe it from the Eiffel Tower. From what I have heard they have already cleared an area next to The Beasts MCBR which is just south of where it looks like the clearing ends in that photo.