TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

A picture of the new ("old") paint scheme for The Beast this year....

D3VlMHiWwAAtyq8.jpg

"The Beast has awakened from its long winter's nap to begin its initial test cycles in preparation for its 40th anniversary season. #KingsIsland #TheBeast"

And they also brought back the paw prints

D3vLvCuW0AAyP7M.jpg

"This year mark's the 40th anniversary of the world's longest wooden roller coaster, The Beast, and we're pulling out all the stops to celebrate in a special way including bringing back the paw prints. #Beast40 #KingsIsland"

--

Say what you will about the Beast, but words cannot describe how much I love this coaster. And it warms my heart to see the park adding in all these nice touches to commemorate its anniversary!

Edited by Intamin_coyote

I really like the new/old color scheme on the train. I think it's awesome that it not only looks better than the plain red train, but it also pays homage to the ride's history. Of course, all my memories of the Beast are with the red trains. But I love this color scheme and the fact that I know that it's retro makes me not hate the change.

Anyone else see this? People on the first 40 trains of Beast get a commemorative T-shirt.

1750449258_ScreenShot2019-04-11at1_13_36PM.thumb.png.ea66001e103522b8cc51deca89434594.png

Instagram

Man I really want to get that shirt but I'm wondering how crazy early I'd have to arrive to get on the first 40 trains? At least KI is good with organizing crowds (such as when Timbers was new) so I feel pretty confident that they'd lead people down so it wouldn't be a mad rush.

Possibly. Either that or they cleaned up the existing ones really well. There does seem to be a bit of a shine to them.

And on an unrelated note, this paint scheme is suddenly giving me a serious urge to buy Starburst!

Legend has it they're being paid off by them to implement 'subliminal advertisements' into their rides. (Lol jk not really, but if this was Six Flags it'd be a prime opportunity to do so )

And on an unrelated note, this paint scheme is suddenly giving me a serious urge to buy Starburst!

Legend has it they're being paid off by them to implement 'subliminal advertisements' into their rides. (Lol jk not really, but if this was Six Flags it'd be a prime opportunity to do so )

Except Six Flags does not know the meaning of the word subliminal...especially when it comes to advertising!

^Cedar fair will go out of their way to keep some charm in the parks, hence the beast prints being brought back, whereas at six flags you don't even know what your riding anymore the roller coasters have just become giant speeding ads I'm actually amazed the walkways in the parks haven't been plastered yet, but regardless I'll take charm over ads any day in the long run to me it will bring in more people and make up for not having ads

Really glad to see them restoring the Glockenspiel and Festhaus building.

I remember seeing that for the first time and thinking that it was going to be like the one at BGW...we're all like, "Yay Festhaus! Oom-Pah bands and BEER!!!!"

What a f%cking total disappointment to walk in and see a pizza place, ice cream, an arcade and a Burger King or whatever crap was in there!

Love the Beast stuff too...I remember those tracks from back in the day!