TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

O'Rourke Wrecking Company posted a video of Firehawk's lift hill being demo'd, on their Facebook page today. They've finished demo on everything to the right of the lift hill, as well as some of the straight sections of track on the left. It's odd to see the loop sitting, untouched, amidst the track fragments that still remain.

Hopefully we will get to see this happen to Nighthawk at Carowinds soon

Hopefully we will get to see this happen to Nighthawk at Carowinds soon

I think Nighthawk’s scrapping would be a much more careful process considering it is surrounded by water and many other rides, whereas Firehawk is practically in a field.

Was Stealth's removal careful too? I mean, I assume it was because it was relocated and completely enclosed by other rides at CGA (well, PGA at the time) but was it a quick process, does anyone know?

Was Stealth's removal careful too? I mean, I assume it was because it was relocated and completely enclosed by other rides at CGA (well, PGA at the time) but was it a quick process, does anyone know?

Nighthawk IS Stealth, it was a relocation, so very careful dismantling and transport.

Theyre certainly not great, or even very good, but I actually enjoyed the Vekoma flyers. They are certainly more intense than the typical B&M flyer (granted Ive only done 2) and in a way yeah its more comfortable but also not gunna be sad to see it go.

I was gunna ask is there ANY idea what may replace it? I assume the natural hope is a B&M giga I even saw a no limits creation of it which is impressive given far as Iknow....we have 0 idea what will even go there at all

Personally I don't think Nighthawk is going anywhere.

As for Kings Island's next coaster... you know I normally like to be the voice of reason but I feel like enthusiasts are going to get what they want here. I wouldn't be shocked if they end up with a dive machine / wing coaster or something but I feel like a giga is the most likely scenario.

I'm with William. If CF is as predictable as they have been since the days of i305 I think a giga is the next logical progression. I hope that's the case. I've been crossing my fingers for a few years. I also wouldn't be shocked if they constructed a dive machine. I'm about 70 giga - 30 dive. I don't believe it will be a wing coaster, but it for sure doesn't seem far fetched.

There's some decent terrain if they build it where we think they will build it, so it has the potential to be really interesting. Then again, I hope they don't plop it in a big ugly field away from the park like they did with i305. Just keep it the ffck away from The Beast.

It figures all of this will unfold when I'm trying to but a baby all up in dat bish.

I wonder how many people are still in line waiting for it to come back up from mechanical difficulties.

Priceless.

I'm still sad that it had to get demo'ed because I liked Firehawk. I wish they could have kept Firehawk and still gotten a new coaster (seems like they have plenty of land that they could have done it) but it's too late now. Hopefully when construction starts on the new B&M it'll make more sense why Firehawk had to go.

This just occurred to me, but has anyone thought of the possibility that the new coaster is a B&M flyer? That would cause the Firehawk removal to make even more sense, and it would be something completely different from anything at CP. Just playing devil's advocate, I'm still rooting for a giga.

While I suspect that that Firehawk was removed primarily because it was a maintenance nuisance, the theory that they removed it because its replacement will be a flyer is an intriguing one. I'd still bet on a giga, but am not opposed to a flyer at all, especially if it's anything like Tatsu, Manta, Starry Sky Ripper or Flying Dinosaur. Although I think flyers are best when they interact with the terrain or are themed heavily, which wouldn't be the case at KI.

While I suspect that that Firehawk was removed primarily because it was a maintenance nuisance, the theory that they removed it because its replacement will be a flyer is an intriguing one. I'd still bet on a giga, but am not opposed to a flyer at all, especially if it's anything like Tatsu, Manta, Starry Sky Ripper or Flying Dinosaur. Although I think flyers are best when they interact with the terrain or are themed heavily, which wouldn't be the case at KI.

Maybe not the exact plot of land that Firehawk was on, but there are plenty of trees and nice terrain that it could interact with if that were to be the case. They could make it nice, if they wanted to.

I think that a B&M flying coaster not already existing in the chain lends more credibility. Putting aside all giga rumors and logic, assume for one minute we absolutely knew it was not going to be a giga. Besides maybe Banshee, the last 15 years of KI additions have been coasters that are very dissimilar to what CP has/has recently added. CP has a good B&M wing coaster and dive coaster added in the last 16 years. So if KI wanted a B&M, (and in this scenario we're assuming it is not a giga) that was not like anything at CP, then a flyer would make sense. And it would also make sense to take out Firehawk, because then the GP would be like, "Ooh shiny new Firehawk!"

I still do think (and damn sure hope!) that a giga is gonna happen, but it could also just be all of our giga hopefulness that we haven't thought of this other option.

As much as I really want a giga, the only thing that would please me more is a B&M junior inverted coaster where Firehawk went. This, of course, would be after tremendous social media hype. KI enthusiasts might actually get physically ill.

And yes. I already know a junior suspended coaster exists, which would just add to the whole experience.

B&M Flyers never exactly took off and captured the hearts and imaginations of the parks the way that other coaster types did. Since 2002, 11 have been built in the world -- only 5 in America. None have been built in America since 2009 - Manta. It seems to me that this is a design that just isn't a fad anymore, or its a "checking all the box" coaster - for bigger parks that just want one of everything. Seeing as King's Island doesn't have a Giga, RMC, or a few other things, I don't see this as a box that they're interested in checking.

I think that B&M has moved on from inverts and flyers to vertical drop coasters, wing coasters, and hypers/gigas.

And if KI wanted a flyer in their park, they would have just kept their old one. Not spent money to remove it and build a new one from scratch that's slightly better.

B&M hasn't moved on from any of those models. Parks have. It's a park's decision in the direction they want to go based on trends.

If a park wants a B&M Invert or Flying coaster, they'll order one and B&M will produce one. KI in conjunction with CF has proved that they don't give a damn. A flyer would likely be just as popular as the addition of Banshee.

As I said before, a flyer is NOT far fetched, especially for KI. I personally don't think it's as likely as other models and I wouldn't want to see that happen, but I think there's better of a chance of KI getting a flyer than anywhere else in the US. That's also considering the benefits of diversity between KI and CP with CF selling combined passes for both parks.

I think that B&M has moved on from inverts

True.

3ncHfwf.jpg

B&M is building an invert at Gröna Lund as we speak and Flying Dinosaur isn't even two years old. Like Zach said, if a park wants something then they'll build it.

I agree that I'm leaning towards the giga but nothing from the B&M catalog would shock me (well... except maybe a standup).