TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Oh cool, I did not know about Jungle Jim's, but adding it to my next Ohio itinerary. Thanks; it looks fun.

They have 2 locations. We went to the Fairfield ohio location. I guess the other location is not as big from what we were told.

Good to know,thanks. That looks decently close to KI too.

Yea, it was roughly 20-25 min away.

I never pay attention to all of the no-limits concept creations, but that one and the video was neat. I'd sh*t myself if something similar were to happen. So, I think I'd better buy some butt wipes, because I'm guessing it will be happening sometime within the next few years.

It's a well produced concept, but have the KI fans seen or heard of the new Vekoma/Mack/Intamin coasters? Yeah, a huge B&M terrain coaster would be epic. But the cost to have something of that size and scale has got to be next to impossible. Even if a 300ft B&M giga was put in I doubt it'd satisfy the fans since they've been dreaming of their own concepts and they're on page 122of MS Paint Adventures.

Are fans not letting go of the B&M Giga idea because B&M was listed in the latest contract? I mean, fair enough, if so... I guess that is still a very valid reason. But of all of the incredible coasters out there...why a B&M giga, haha.

2018-11-28_19_20_48.thumb.jpg.a54956c59eb5d2e843094eab56007c74.thumb.jpg.b2b37eef0d2efc673002563d9376679a.jpg

this is just one concept on one page. there's 122 more pages of these.

THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL!

Somebody was having fun with the kings island giga rumor. Here is a video they put together, and I have to say its impressive.

For fun, check it out here....

Yeah, I know its not real but damn that is a dope-a$$ little video. Would be sweet if it was true.

Oh cool, I did not know about Jungle Jim's, but adding it to my next Ohio itinerary. Thanks; it looks fun.

They have 2 locations. We went to the Fairfield ohio location. I guess the other location is not as big from what we were told.

I went shopping at Jungle Jims over the weekend and ran into a manager and asked him. According to him the size difference is minor, Eastgate is actually the larger of the two, but we are talking 215,000 sq ft. vs 185,000 sq ft., except they used the extra space to make the aisles wider so he believed they both have about the same number of products. For people who have never been to either, a super walmart is on average 179,000 sq ft, so either Jungle Jims is a massive grocery store.

If you want to just go shopping, visit the Eastgate location, it is closer to the park and has fewer customers and wider aisles so it feels more like you are shopping at a typical grocery store, except that is what the problem with the store is, it has random huge statues, boats, etc., but it is not the insanity of the original.

But if you want the whole experience, go to the original store in Fairfield. Good luck getting two carts past each other in an aisle, but there are just so many more things to look at around the store, plus finding your way through the store is an adventure by itself.

Either way both have an international food section which feels like it is as large as a normal grocery store.

I wouldn't call this a TR but i wanted to show some things from my visit last Saturday to the park for Winterfest.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

As of Friday (November 30), both trains of Firehawk were still on-site next to the lift hill. A little hard to see if you are not looking for them.

Wow, they sure made Racer look pretty for a ride that's (for some reason) closed for the event.

I suspect the park is using their Winterfest budget to pay for park infrastructure upgrades. Last year for Winterfest the park installed a new computer control system which can control the lighting for the entire park. Plus RGB lighting on some paths and International Street. This year they installed similar lighting on Racer and Mystic Timbers and I suspect other locations I did not notice.

Last years upgrades were what made the fireworks show this year a possibility. Otherwise it would have just been the same old show, just play some pop music and launch a bunch of fireworks.

I went shopping at Jungle Jims over the weekend and ran into a manager and asked him. According to him the size difference is minor, Eastgate is actually the larger of the two, but we are talking 215,000 sq ft. vs 185,000 sq ft., except they used the extra space to make the aisles wider so he believed they both have about the same number of products.

I've been to both multiple times and really just go to whichever one I happen to be closest too. They're both completely awesome, they're both easy to accidentally spend 2 or 3 hours in, and they both sell stroopwafels.

Had a great time on Sunday night at Winterfest!

I suspect that the park will be adding a much larger ride roster next season with these crowds. Back lot, Antique Cars, Racer, Delirium, Adventure Express, Monster and Woodstock Express would be nice additions.

I would assume that the antique cars would be added, but certain coasters do not run well in colder weather.

I do wonder what coaster will replace mystic timbers eventually, as it will need off season track replacement at some point.

Swung by the park last Sunday and put myself up to a little project of doing a timelapse video out of it. Hope y'all enjoy, it kinda took the whole night to do.

Close to the end of the night when it dropped to lower 30's and my hands got a little numb, it was lovely getting two walk-on rides on Flight of Fear and warming up at the same time. Really glad they added it. Last hour in the park seemed to be the best time to get your marathons in on the coasters.