TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

After Firehawk broke down at least five times on Saturday including once where a train was stuck at the top of the lift with guests for 45 minutes. The last issue on Saturday when they decided to give up and try again on Sunday, it broke down 5 trains after maintenance got it working and it was so bad they just evacuated the people off the bottom of the lift and from the brake run instead of trying to get either train back to the station. I think anyone who tried to wait for the last train instead of just riding it while it worked was crazy.

Anyways it’s not the actual last train, just the last train for the public. The employees get rides after the park closes.

With closing day behind us, I just wanted to share some pictures captured! Surprisingly, Urgent Scare's pathways where open all day and gave some great day time views of Red Racer after the split! (The first Banshee picture is from Slingshot's exit) I was fortunate to get 5 rides in on Firehawk Sunday as well as being able to be on the last public train of the ride!

IMG_5036.thumb.JPG.11a1833c0fbee30d7982e1492e9e246b.JPG

IMG_5045.thumb.JPG.55871303323c3e61497dff48b9d5f25b.JPG

IMG_5047.thumb.JPG.a1cd0bb9f07c6e9d7318619a1177f15b.JPG

IMG_5088.thumb.JPG.1893a5c959ae9d4b112d426ac5d7a588.JPG

IMG_5117.thumb.JPG.b583891efbe7f314c959887556d1c487.JPG

IMG_5119.thumb.JPG.004a709a326cdff244325df0750f8231.JPG

I think anyone who tried to wait for the last train instead of just riding it while it worked was crazy.

I was fortunate to get 5 rides in on Firehawk Sunday as well as being able to be on the last public train of the ride!

I think anyone who tried to wait for the last train instead of just riding it while it worked was crazy.

I was fortunate to get 5 rides in on Firehawk Sunday as well as being able to be on the last public train of the ride!

giphy.gif

And on top of that comes to the forum to brag about it

It's crazy that the park will be open again in less than 1 month! Two trains will be running on Mystic Timbers.

Capture.JPG.cdb575e692831bfb52402f8e38e4ecc4.JPG

giphy.gif

Hey now the line was only about 15 minutes long so it wasnt that bad!

giphy.gif

Hey now the line was only about 15 minutes long so it wasnt that bad!

Wow a one train wait!

I only squeezed one ride in right when I saw it reopen for the second time in the day. Glad to pay a final respect, but I wasn't going to wait in either standard OR Fast Lane line for longer than 10 minutes.

DqoM_biXcAAWjcv.thumb.jpg.9e2a7adcf277ddb0af436be5fb913507.jpg

Paying respects to a now-fallen soldier.

Otherwise, it was a great day at the park, apart from the cool weather and some rain. Diamondback was walk-on for a few parts of the day, and I couldn't waste that opportunity!!

Great pictures, guys!

I'm sad I didn't get to go to KI and ride Firehawk on its last weekend. I wanted to go but work and a disastrous group project got in the way. I can at least rest easy that my last ride on it the weekend before was one of the best experiences I have had on it.

Has anybody else noticed that Google has listed Kings Island as "Permanently Closed"? I submitted multiple corrections that it wasn't the case, but for some reason it still shows up on Google as "Permanently Closed" when it isn't the case. Was just curious about if anyone else had noticed that. And nothing's changed since. I wonder if it had anything to do with the closing of Firehawk and someone erroneously marked it for the entire park rather than the ride itself.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.9960d793dc360616a515e5bdd26d91b1.jpg

The proof.

Google doesn't have an option for seasonally closed. It's either closed for the day, in which case Google gives the opening time tomorrow, or else it's permanently closed. It's a complete oversight on their part but it happens with every single seasonal property, be they hotels, restaurants, or whatever.

Winterfest map and information has been released.

Very impressive list. Just a question, not a complaint...Mystic timbers is a great ride, but I wonder why they chose to run it over the beast?

MT is more popular. Just walking around the park it seems like the half the GP is talking about the shed or MT in general.

Although with daylight saving time it would be nice to have Beast open. Night rides at 6pm!

MT is also highly more visible than Beast. Do they shine any Christmas colored lights on the structure like they do with American Thunder?

I didn't notice Christmas lights on it last year, but the holiday-themed train experience goes around and under Mystic Timbers. There were also a few Christmas decorations in the shed.

One of these years maybe they'll change the shed to be more Christmas themed. Have a Christmas song play and maybe an abominable snowman or something for the shed video.

Wonder if Flight of Fear will be any different this year as well? I also would love to see Banshee or Diamondback open one of these years but I wonder if it gets too cold for KI to want to run them? Although Nitro would beg to differ...