TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

As I figured. Not a huge loss, though I'm surprised they're just scrapping it... I hate seeing any coaster junked needlessly, and I highly doubt Firehawk is really "at the end of its service life". But whatever... I'm sure that's where we'll be seeing expansion in a couple years, and it'll be way better than Firehawk! I'm glad I'll be there tomorrow night, to get one final night ride in!

How do you know they're scrapping it?

I don't, though the way it was worded seemed to indicate that. However, I'm really hoping that's not the case!

Ah, I see... and I feel the same way. When I rode it last June, it was a lot of fun and pretty smooth for a Vekoma. I hope it gets sent to another park.

But yeah, I'm glad all of the Arrows are staying, for now.

While I did enjoy Firehawk, from a ridership perspective it makes the most sense of the rides listed. Plus it could help revitalize the X-Sector area and they have direct access to all that land in the back of the park.

I was hoping it would have been Invertigo, but unless they built a parking lot coaster, that wouldn't have opened much space at all.

I hate seeing any coaster junked needlessly, and I highly doubt Firehawk is really "at the end of its service life". But whatever...

I can totally buy that it is. And seeing as it sits in a prime piece of land at the edge of the park, it was prime for removal.

There aren't many Flying Dutchmen models around and Vekoma has since upgraded the technology for new generations of it. For that reason, I wouldn't be surprised if parts are harder to come by for the older models. Batwing at SFA is stated to be closed for the season and Firehawk has had a lot of downtime. To close a ride and scrap it while utilizing the parts to keep Nighthawk going is a pretty good plan.

Would I love for it to be a new coaster for Michigan's Adventure? Absolutely (and the last one was a Vekoma too). But, this just makes much more sense!

I had a feeling it would be Firehawk and I am glad it was. While Vortex may be a headache my son should hit the height requirement for that and The Bat next summer and both of those coasters meant something to me growing up that I wanted to be able to take him on. Glad ill be able to and glad it was Firehawk.

I'm actually super glad it's Firehawk. Vortex and Bat are just so unique. If you really miss Firehawk, just drive 7 hours to Carowinds. I personally much prefer B&M flyers. Even the Superman clones give more of the flying sensation and are much more re-ride-able. The final helix on Firehawk was really the only part I enjoyed about the ride, the rest of it just didn't feel so much like a flyer.

It makes sense, too, given my last post. The operating cost is high, ridership low, paint chipping off, capacity horrible, and land prime. Is there going to be a new coaster there? I could see the park maybe starting a B&M Giga there and wrapping it around toward Action Zone. Or maybe we'll get a ground-up RMC hyper-looper themed after SoB. Or maybe, if my wildest dreams come true, B&M will finally build a 4D coaster

I'll just leave that speculation for later.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Kentucky Flyer since the announcement. It looks like the KK thread shut it down pretty quick and I can't help but agree. I don't think KK would put something this big in. It could be possible, though. Shipping costs wouldn't be that high, I guess, and if KI was getting rid of the ride anyway maybe they bought it for cheap. What do you guys think?

I'm actually super glad it's Firehawk. Vortex and Bat are just so unique. If you really miss Firehawk, just drive 7 hours to Carowinds.

Firehawk >>>>> Nighthawk. Like others, I had no problem with Firehawk and it was actually one of my favorites in the park. I'm not surprised it is the one to go, but I'll still miss it.

RIP Firehawk. I hope they don't just scrap it, but I wouldn't be surprised either if that's what happens.

All in the name of progress! I'm sure the excitement for whatever is going to happen in 2020 will far outweigh whatever lingering disappointment I feel about Firehawk.

I'm actually super glad it's Firehawk. Vortex and Bat are just so unique. If you really miss Firehawk, just drive 7 hours to Carowinds.

Firehawk >>>>> Nighthawk. Like others, I had no problem with Firehawk and it was actually one of my favorites in the park. I'm not surprised it is the one to go, but I'll still miss it.

RIP Firehawk. I hope they don't just scrap it, but I wouldn't be surprised either if that's what happens.

All in the name of progress! I'm sure the excitement for whatever is going to happen in 2020 will far outweigh whatever lingering disappointment I feel about Firehawk.

Maybe its an unpopular opinion. I've never ridden Nighthawk so I can't tell you if it is as good as Firehawk or not. I just much prefer B&M flyers to Flying Dutchmans. Of the three flyers I've ridden; Tatsu, Firehawk, and Superman:UF, Firehawk did the least for me. I definitely enjoyed it every time I visited KI and it was a nice touch to the park, but it never really felt like a "real" flyer to me.

I'm making the trip this weekend. Batwing never opened for me in any of my SFA visits this year, the weather should be nice, and it's my birthday weekend.

I'm pretty sad about the possibility of Firehawk getting scrapped when one of the lower-tier parks could use it. Still glad it's not Vortex, which would most definitely be scrapped and not relocated, and whose plot would probably lend itself to a dive machine knowing that it would be B&M.

Maybe its an unpopular opinion. I've never ridden Nighthawk so I can't tell you if it is as good as Firehawk or not. I just much prefer B&M flyers to Flying Dutchmans. Of the three flyers I've ridden; Tatsu, Firehawk, and Superman:UF, Firehawk did the least for me. I definitely enjoyed it every time I visited KI and it was a nice touch to the park, but it never really felt like a "real" flyer to me.

Which Superman? The original installation at Over Georgia blew away the clone at Great Adventure because it was built with the terrain, greatly enhancing the sense of flight.

My flying coaster rankings so far: Tatsu > Superman SFoG > Batwing > Nighthawk = Superman SFGAdv.

Which Superman? The original installation at Over Georgia blew away the clone at Great Adventure because it was built with the terrain, greatly enhancing the sense of flight.

My flying coaster rankings so far: Tatsu > Superman SFoG > Batwing > Nighthawk = Superman SFGAdv.

It actually was the SFGAdv one. I went in with pretty low expectations but came out having still enjoyed it more than Firehawk. It has lots of fun, swooping turns. If we're talking setting, though, Firehawk is certainly not a contestant. The grassy field it's over is pretty comparable to the one at Great Adventure.

A Vekoma flyer meets its demise?

[attachment=0]dirtoffya.gif[/attachment]

My thoughts exactly...

Although I'm hearing rumors it may have been purchased by another park. Anyone heard anything?

Kentcuky Kingdom posted a video eluding to a flyer this week.

A Vekoma flyer meets its demise?

[attachment=0]dirtoffya.gif[/attachment]

My thoughts exactly...

Although I'm hearing rumors it may have been purchased by another park. Anyone heard anything?

Kentcuky Kingdom posted a video eluding to a flyer this week.

Well, they have a video calling their new ride the Kentucky Flyer...and they already have Larsson Flying Scooters. Seems fairly likely.

^So does a Zamperla Air Race. They did just get a Zamperla Endeavor. There's a lot that can fit a flying theme!

Sure, there is. I'm not saying "mystery solved" here. But if it's true that someone bought it, it seems like there's a reasonably good chance that's where it's going, anyway.