TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^^ Your post came across as condescending and a bit troll-ish as if you popped into the thread not only to trash the new addition, but to make fun of people. I obviously wasn't the only one that read it that way.

As others have mentioned KI has made great changes and additions to the park in recent years, and there is already a lot of speculation that there is something big coming next year.

To be fair, I also hope that SFMM gets something big as I would love to make another trip out for WCB someday.

^ & ^^

I'm not local to either park, but I hope for both Kings Island and Magic Mountain to get great additions every year. Kings Island is getting a good one, and we'll see about Magic Mountain on the 30th. We can all hope for the best for every park.

Well my friends and I went to Kings Island but didn't get there until 1:30-2pm. We spent the majority of our time in the waterpark since it was hot and sunny. We ended up doing both wave pools, the family raft ride, sand volleyball court and the lazy river, which we did 6 laps. One thing though, the waterslide with the whole family is a bit rough of a landing when you bounce in the air. I'll take Holiday World's version 10x over Kings Island's. The tornado waterslide we didn't ride cause I've done it quite a bit at Splashin Safari.

Then it was to the dry park. Only coasters we got on was The Beast and Flight of Fear. The Beast at 7pm was a 5 minute wait. I rode in the middle as I can't do front row. It was rough and my friend and I got bruises on our arms. Flight of Fear said it was a 45 minute wait according to the app but felt shorter. My friends loved it but me, not so much. First time riding it but don't think i'll be riding it. We went back to the Beast to get a night ride on it but we didn't want to wait until after 10 cause we wanted to see the fireworks from the top of the Eiffel Tower, which was an incredible view! We also rode Shake, Rattle and Roll, which was fun, bumper cars, swings, scrambler. We wanted to ride Windseeker (but it got stuck at the end of the night), Drop Tower (which was stuck when we got there), Delierium (app said closed so we didn't go up that way). The app even said Banshee was closed for awhile so no idea what was going on there. We are thinking of going to Haunt so hopefully we can finish those. After the water park closed the dry park was so packed. We didn't even get a ride on Mystic Timbers cause at one point the line was in the midway and we was walking back to the water park to get stuff out of our lockers. Some security lady at the railroad tracks was rude and said we were to take it before 7. I talked to the security guy by the lockers and told him the ordeal (security told us earlier we could do this). He said oh i'm her boss, I'll talk to her.

20180818_221151.thumb.jpg.4a4b03364aa14bf7f56e8c5b6e8bfe64.jpg

So pretty lit up at night!

20180818_215535.thumb.jpg.1afb0f7bdb840391eb48001ba2a80100.jpg

So high up there but oh the view!

20180818_220404.thumb.jpg.45925e5ac241b5e9cbb8ab3e848b71c3.jpg

Best firework photo I got

So last night the Flash Sale pass renewal was having severe problems. It even locked me out of my credit card at one point. Apparently, the site crashed from so much traffic. Guess they fixed the problem now and extended the sale through today. If anyone hasn't taken advantage of it yet and wanted to, you still have today to do so! Renewal is cheapest of the year and you get a free FL+ when you renew. Can't beat that!

I'm late to the game since unfortunately... I was laying on the beaches of beautiful Pensacola, FL during the announcement. I personally love all of the entertaining idiotic facebook posts and I admit that I love trolling the absolute butthurt morons and their unrealistic premature conclusions. I can never help but to creep on the people who make the dumbest posts and it never ceases to amaze me how many of these people are older with children. It confirms the documentary Idiocracy in that stupid people are breeding at an alarming rate compared to educated responsible people. I hope I don't offend anyone, but some of the overweight middle aged uneducated soccer mom breeders make for some of the most entertaining comments. The non-smiling creepy dude with the dark profile picture is also a common characteristic of the idiotic posters. It's almost like these people are 'copy and pasted.'

You can really spot a simpleton when you see that their news feeds are full of dumb shared common sense sayings. I can't help but to picture these individuals as the same people who wear the absent minded shorts plastered with sayings such as, "I'm here to party," "Killin it everyday," and "I'm a drop the F bomb kind of mom." Wasting time watching these people make foolish posts and within a couple minutes of facebook creeping being able to tell exactly what type of person they are is beyond entertaining to me. I'd hate these people if they weren't so entertaining to watch.

I enjoyed the announcement. Emily and I make it a point to take a spin on rides such as the Antique Cars, Log Flumes, Bumper Cars, and other more gentle rides which offer a nice break rather than going from coaster to coaster. Also, when in the hell did multiple million dollar investments and upgrades become small scale to people?

Edited by prozach626

I'm late to the game since unfortunately... I was laying on the beaches of beautiful Pensacola, FL during the announcement. I personally love all of the entertaining idiotic facebook posts and I admit that I love trolling the absolute butthurt morons and their unrealistic premature conclusions. I can never help but to creep on the people who make the dumbest posts and it never ceases to amaze me how many of these people are older with children. It confirms the documentary Idiocracy in that stupid people are breeding at an alarming rate compared to educated responsible people. I hope I don't offend anyone, but some of the overweight middle aged uneducated soccer mom breeders make for some of the most entertaining comments. The non-smiling creepy dude with the dark profile picture is also a common characteristic of the idiotic posters. It's almost like these people are 'copy and pasted.'

You can really spot a simpleton when you see that their news feeds are full of dumb shared common sense sayings. I can't help but to picture these individuals as the same people who wear the absent minded shorts plastered with sayings such as, "I'm here to party," "Killin it everyday," and "I'm a drop the F bomb kind of mom." Wasting time watching these people make foolish posts and within a couple minutes of facebook creeping being able to tell exactly what type of person they are is beyond entertaining to me. I'd hate these people if they weren't so entertaining to watch.

I enjoyed the announcement. Emily and I make it a point to take a spin on rides such as the Antique Cars, Log Flumes, Bumper Cars, and other more gentle rides which offer a nice break rather than going from coaster to coaster. Also, when

in the hell did multiple million dollar investments and upgrades become small scale to people?

I heard teachers get in free this upcoming weekend!

Yes. You heard correct.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/events/teacher-appreciation-weekend

School is back in session! To celebrate the start of a new school year, Kings Island is offering free admission to educators August 24-26.

Educators who qualify for the free admission ticket include teachers, faculty and staff. A valid school employee ID, or a valid teaching license with a photo ID, must be presented at Kings Island to take advantage of this offer.

Educators may also purchase admission at a special price of $29.99 per ticket for up to six family members or friends at the park.

I enjoyed the announcement. Emily and I make it a point to take a spin on rides such as the Antique Cars, Log Flumes, Bumper Cars, and other more gentle rides which offer a nice break rather than going from coaster to coaster. Also, when in the hell did multiple million dollar investments and upgrades become small scale to people?

I am actually looking forward to some people watching at CP & Cedar Shores Thursday and Friday as well. If I see someone with a 'Killin' It Every Day' shirt or any of the ones that you mentioned, I am going to die laughing. I'll even see if I can sneak a photo for my trip report.

Welcome back from vacation, Zach!

It isn't like I've never made a stupid post, but people have really been hating on King's Island. Since they already spent $15,000,000 on Mystic timbers last year, I knew they wouldn't be doing something huge next year.

To my knowledge, the dumbest amusement park-related Facebook comment I've seen this year was from an Ohio lady in regards to Cedar Point. I no longer remember it verbatim, but went something like this:

"Steel Vengeance = epic fail. New trains don't make it a new ride. It is still the same old bumpy track"

Not to be political, but I went to her page and discovered a meme that read "Here's to us deplorables" below her own caption above that read "we won". I really let her have it! I have no idea how people get off talking crap about that which they know absolutely nothing about. The obviously had no idea what RMC was about.

It isn't like I've never made a stupid post, but people have really been hating on King's Island. Since they already spent $15,000,000 on Mystic timbers last year, I knew they wouldn't be doing something huge next year.

To my knowledge, the dumbest amusement park-related Facebook comment I've seen this year was from an Ohio lady in regards to Cedar Point. I no longer remember it verbatim, but went something like this:

"Steel Vengeance = epic fail. New trains don't make it a new ride. It is still the same old bumpy track"

Not to be political, but I went to her page and discovered a meme that read "Here's to us deplorables" below her own caption above that read "we won". I really let her have it! I have no idea how people get off talking crap about that which they know absolutely nothing about. These people belong on the Jerry Springer Show. She obviously had no idea what RMC was about.

I am actually looking forward to some people watching at CP & Cedar Shores Thursday and Friday as well. If I see someone with a 'Killin' It Every Day' shirt or any of the ones that you mentioned, I am going to die laughing. I'll even see if I can sneak a photo for my trip report.

Welcome back from vacation, Zach!

Thanks! Last time we went to KI we started playing a game of counting all of the stupid saying tee shirts. We went straight to The Bat. By the time we got there we'd already given up. It wasn't fun adding another one to the count every three paces. I'm proud to say that I can't think of anyone I associate with who wears that type of apparel.

The wife and I made the drive over from Indy last night for 18 month old's first trip to KI. He had a blast riding with mom and dad! Only coaster I rode was Diamondback but it was pitch black and a was running really well.

As for what's to come in 2020, I'm inclined to think that it will be a Giga. A speed focused ride would fit the line up perfectly.

New Winterfest information for this year, with additional rides open (including Flight Of Fear) and expanded areas. Also a New Year's Eve Celebration.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/august/dont-look-now-but-winterfest-is-just-around-the-corner

wfnew1400.png

The Halloween season has yet to begin, but the holidays are creeping up.

This holiday season, Kings Island will once again be magically transformed into a winter wonderland full of enchantment and holiday cheer as the park celebrates WinterFest. Guests can expect everything they loved about WinterFest in 2017, along with several new offerings, including:

More Rides

Guests will experience up to 19 rides at WinterFest. New offerings for 2018 include the indoor roller coaster, Flight of Fear, and flat ride, Shake, Rattle & Roll. Returning rides include: Mystic Timbers , the K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad, Dodgem, Scrambler, Zephyr, Boo Blasters, the Grand Carousel and select Planet Snoopy Rides.

Expanded Areas of The Park

WinterFest will be even bigger in 2018. The seasonal celebration is growing to include most of Coney Mall, including a seasonally decorated X-base as well as the walkway connecting Coney Mall to Rivertown.

New Year’s Eve Celebration

Ring in 2019 at Kings Island with a brand-new way to celebrate New Year’s Eve. Guests can enjoy the final day of WinterFest from 5:00 to 10:00 p.m., then celebrate the coming New Year from 10:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. This family-friendly event includes Midnight Fireworks, live music, Snoopy’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve party, Charlie Brown’s New Year’s Eve Celebration show and family friendly activities.

The park will officially open for WinterFest on Friday, November 23The full operating calendar can be viewed here.

Left Cedar Point after an early lunch, having gotten Maverick x4 and MF x4 during ERT. Also got rides on Raptor, Valravn and Blue Streak. Left in time for two brewery stops in Dayton. I got to KI around 5:10.

Went straight to Banshee and it wasn't running so I rode The Bat, because it's right there. I don't think I watched POVs on the suspended coasters, so what a pleasant surprise The Bat was after Iron Dragon. I thought it was great.

Then got Invertigo, Racer, Vortex (a bit rough but certainly not the worst Arrow looper.), The Beast, Mystic Timbers ( Wow, new 2nd favorite woodie behind Phoenix), Diamondback, Banshee, Adventure Express, and Flight of Fear. Only wait over 5 minutes was FoF.

Had dinner at Coney's BBQ. I ate three meals at the smokehouse at CP in a day and a half and always eat at Harmony Hall at Carowinds. Love chicken, brisket, and ribs. I bailed after dinner since I'll be back in the morning for ERT. Not sure what stayed open but there was a ton of lightning going on about 15 minutes after I left.

Looking forward to lapping Mystic Timbers and Diamondback in the a.m. And more rides on The Bat and The Beast. The Beast has an awesome layout and scenery but not sure I could marathon it. Someone refresh my memory on the best seat. I was somewhere mid-train and got beat up quite a bit. I skipped Firehawk. My daughter likes Nighthawk and Batwing, but I don't enjoy them. I'm sure I'll ride it with her next year.

Kinda bummed my daughter couldn't make this second trip, but paring it down to two parks has made it a bit more relaxing.

The Beast has an awesome layout and scenery but not sure I could marathon it. Someone refresh my memory on the best seat. I was somewhere mid-train and got beat up quite a bit.

Not sure what more seasoned riders best seat is (could be the same as mine), but I rode in the 2nd to last row of the train, right seat each time I rode and it was awesome. It was a non-wheel seat (as are all the middle rows of each car).

In my experience, the 3 bench trains generally have the middle and front rows as the smoothest (which one is smoother depends on which coaster). I only ever rode The Beast in the front while I was there so I'm not really sure, but I found it to be way smoother than I was expecting. Like, steel coaster smooth.