TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Anyone remember the old antique cars when they transformed the ride into a haunt attraction during the Halloween event? I remember that being super cool with scareactors popping out along the path, banding on the roof of the car n stuff, super fun. I'd love to see them bring that back, especially if the ride path is through the wooded area where Dinosaurs used to be.

It's a quarter mile length, 3 minute journey. I watched a different stream that was clearer. It seems he stated 1/4 length and 3 mile journey, but meant to say 3 minutes.

Yes, that's confirmed on https://www.visitkingsisland.com/play/rides/kings-mills-antique-autos

cars2.thumb.jpg.4b6569d8d66872f3f2ea3c14a33020ec.jpg

Kings Mills Antique Autos

Coming Spring 2019

Kings Island's most beloved attraction, the antique cars ride, is returning to the park in spring 2019. In the new Kings Mills Antique Autos family ride, guests will board replica classic touring cars and take a leisurely drive around a scenic track equipped with a small rail to keep the car on the path. The ride will be comparable to the original Les Taxis antique car ride, combining nostalgia with new enhancements.

Kings Mills Antique Autos will be located in Coney Mall, across from the Juke Box Café and alongside The Racer roller coaster. The ride will be a quarter mile in length and last approximately three minutes. The cars are 2/3 scale replicas of the 1911 Ford Model T; though all-new, they will retain the vintage feel of the original Les Taxis. The ride's name, as well as theming throughout the attraction, is expected to enhance the nostalgic experience for riders.

The KI-related teaser posters going up at Cedar Point and elsewhere are obviously not for some hypothetical major 2019 attraction, and with no signs of construction at Kings Island right now, no one in their right mind ever thought that.

Edited by The Great Zo

Are different opinions allowed over here?

I love these kind of rides and I think it'll be a good new ride for the park.

But the announcements and teasers were made to let down people. Not a fan of this advertisement.

How? They didn't say anything about what was coming. Teaser are meant to be just that, a teaser. They should be taken with a grain of salt. If you were expecting a coaster I cant see how? We all know by now there would have been SOME type of ground activity if it were something major. If you are let down, you cant blame that on the park.

Are different opinions allowed over here?

I love these kind of rides and I think it'll be a good new ride for the park.

But the announcements and teasers were made to let down people. Not a fan of this advertisement.

There will always be upset people no matter what is announced. The Antique Cars returning have been a rumor for over a year now and the teaser just played on nostalgia. I don't see anything wrong with it. Many people (well, at least outside of the GP realm) figured this could be it! Marketing is all about drawing attention, and it worked.

They teased an old attraction would become new again. Never said anything about something super big or a coaster. Simply an old attraction was returning. And they didn't lie.

They teased an old attraction would become new again. Never said anything about something super big or a coaster. Simply an old attraction was returning. And they didn't lie.

This. Only enthusiasts made this into a new coaster thing. The park delivered on exactly what they teased.

How can you NOT think of a coaster when reading a tweet like " "Tomorrow (8/16) is a big day in the amusement and theme park industry. It’s National Roller Coaster Day, which celebrates the king of the thrill rides."?

And of course, they didn't state in the teasers its going to be a coaster... because saying excactly what it is, is not really the point of a teaser.

It was a great announcement, wonderful addition.

The park already came out and commented on what Cedar Point is doing with the "Number 5 is Alive" thing, and said it had nothing to do with Kings Island.. Nobody can blame the park for being let down, I'm sure they just shrugged their shoulders when people kept talking about a 'new coaster is coming', they can't stop anyone from talking about it, you let yourselves down..

Edited by KICoasterkev

How can you NOT think of a coaster when reading a tweet like " "Tomorrow (8/16) is a big day in the amusement and theme park industry. It’s National Roller Coaster Day, which celebrates the king of the thrill rides."?

That tweet absolutely makes me think about roller coasters!

You know what it doesn't make me think about? New ride announcements, because it doesn't mention that, at all.

Don't blame the park for your own unrealistic disappointment.

And of course, they didn't state in the teasers its going to be a coaster... because saying excactly what it is, is not really the point of a teaser.

The announcement was given with exactly one day notice. If you thought this would be a coaster then it's your own fault for over-hyping it.

On the good news, with the discovery of the B&M permit yesterday, it looks like 2020 may be a good year for you. I don't feel bad for you

I have wanted the return of the antique cars since they were removed. This is basically a dead corner of the park and it is replacing, an empty building only used as a haunt, the remains of an old flat ride, storage, and I assume it is replacing the ICEE stand.

I still would like to see a modern flat ride but overall I am happy I think it looks good. Anyways I have 2020 and construction in 2019 to look forward to at this point.

Personally, I'm really disappointed that Kings Island didn't announce that Velocity Magnetics was being hired to re-do the launch on Flight of Fear.

What? Are they replacing the mechanism with something different, or just fixing them up?

Can someone block me from this page please

Scroll to the bottom, hit the button marked "Unsubscribe topic." If you pop back in, it might re-subscribe you, and you'll have to do this process again.

Personally, I'm really disappointed that Kings Island didn't announce that Velocity Magnetics was being hired to re-do the launch on Flight of Fear.

What? Are they replacing the mechanism with something different, or just fixing them up?

Nah, that was just a bad Lightning Rod joke, sorry.

This. Only enthusiasts made this into a new coaster thing. The park delivered on exactly what they teased.

I see a lot of non enthusiast people on Facebook complaining. But then again I guess that is what Facebook is for.

349561685_ScreenShot2018-08-16at3_24_52PM.png.ae336d7e3b846d61f74ebdec1735eaf1.png

Can someone block me from this page please

Blocked from our Twitter and now banned from our forums. Sorry, I have zero patience for assholes like you.

Edited by robbalvey