TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Is that the location between the waffle house and skyline chili?

If so, it's average. The room was clean, but no elevator and the breakfast wasn't much more than cereal and toast.

I find that if you book a room at a hotel about 20 min from the park, you get better rates and better rooms. We have been staying at the red roof inn a few miles from the park. Nice clean rooms, good rates, and a decent breakfast.

Screenshot_20180307-205552.thumb.png.4191227c9866879d09c4e47366d3fae6.png

That super 8 was the nastiest hotel we have ever stayed in. Roaches,stained carpet, stained bed sheets, hair on bed and in the tub, water leak, dirty toilet, run down conditions, and extremely rude staff.

I'll try and find the pictures if I still have them, if not they may be in this thread a few years back.

Found them here.....

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70330

And it was your trip report that made sure I didn't reserve the Super 8 for my first trip this June...lol

We ended up booking the Microtel for 2 nights with a total of $125 including tax (Thursday & Fri night) on a brand special.

That super 8 was the nastiest hotel we have ever stayed in. Roaches,stained carpet, stained bed sheets, hair on bed and in the tub, water leak, dirty toilet, run down conditions, and extremely rude staff.

I'll try and find the pictures if I still have them, if not they may be in this thread a few years back.

Found them here.....

Again, years ago... It was nothing like that just this past year! Hotels deserve forgiveness too! Especially when they're as cheap, and offer as many amenities as this one does!

Yeah no, If I stay in a hotel and have an absolutely horrible experience I am not going back. You can go have fun staying at this hotel and Rodeway Inn north in Sandusky lol.

I've stayed at that Super 8 and can confirm that it's horrible.

As for Florence, it's a great place to stay with a ton of options. We really like the Quality Inn there and it's very reasonable. It's a bit far from the park but if you're combining KI and Kentucky Kingdom or Coney Island it's a good option. They have tons of hotels and restaurants.

Found them here.....

Again, years ago... It was nothing like that just this past year! Hotels deserve forgiveness too! Especially when they're as cheap, and offer as many amenities as this one does!

same here, I have stayed at that super 8 probably 8-10 times since 2015 and never had any issue with bugs or dirt. sure the pictures don't lie, but its just a cheap no frills hotel. can definitely do better if you want to spend more.

the hotel I WOULD not recommend, is the Microtel. The walls are paper thin and I"ve heard hookers having sex multiple times lol. Even when not kept up late by raunchy sex, the families with kids would wake me up early morning. (i knew they were hookers because you could hear the knocks on their doors follow by sex). walls so thin never again!

^ Yeah, I'm not a fan of some of these newer hotels and their paper-thin walls either where you can easily overhear everything that is going on in the rooms on either side of you.

And waking up hearing someone having wild, passionate sex in the room next to you at 3 in the morning is a bit uncomfortable.

Hookers near Kings Island though...I wouldn't have thunk it.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn (same one as TPR during Banshee Bash) and I can vouch that it's good. There is also one an exit or two towards Cincinnati that the name escapes me. All I know is that it was walk-able to Carrabba's and that was all that mattered.

I've stayed in that Super 8 2 times and no more. Now we just stay at the Microtel or Baymont over by The Beach Waterpark. Kings Island has so much land, seems like they would be a good candidate next to get an onsite hotel like Carowinds and Canada's Wonderland are getting.

+1 on Hampton recommendations. You get what you pay for and usually it's not that much more for the comfort and cleanliness. We always look for them when there are no nearby Hyatts.

<---- Hotel snob

The thing about Hyatt and Hilton is that they're primarily luxury chains, and Hyatt Place and Hampton respectively are their "budget" brands. That's far different from budget chains like Wyndham and Choice trying to do an "upscale" brand. They can do it, but it's fundamentally a different mindset.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

Truth. We primarily stay at Hyatt, just because we stay for free. Even the Hyatt Place hotels are great, though. Ironically, the Hyatt Place hotels offer a really good hot breakfast, where the Hyatt House and Hyatt Regencies do not, despite being incredibly nice.

Hamptons and Holiday Inn hotels are some of our go to hotels if no Hyatts are around. All three provide for great stays for those looking to spend a little more.

^ Based on your recommendations and the fact that my companies preference is Hampton Inn when I travel for business, I recently applied for the HHonors American Express credit card (should be getting it any day now). It's not Hyatt obviously, but I figure that I can get more points with the Hilton card throwing in my business travel.

I figured why not? I (like you) pay my card off in full every month and Wells Fargo has slowly been taking their perks away, so I am ditching that one for this one in order to stock up on points for free rooms like you and your GF do.

Thanks for steering me in that direction, Zach!

^ Did they offer a card with an annual fee? If that's an option, you rack up points a lot quicker and it usually pays for itself in no time. We thought about going with that card at one time, seeing as how they have so many more options. I can't remember the specifics of the card, but it seemed like a really great alternative. We just decided to stick with our card since it's worked well for us for so long. I would definitely like to hear how this card works out for you guys.

^ I am pretty sure that it's no annual fee, which I found almost shocking. I will take a closer look when I get it in the mail because that may have only been for the first year.

I'll let you know for sure!

+1 on Hampton recommendations. You get what you pay for and usually it's not that much more for the comfort and cleanliness. We always look for them when there are no nearby Hyatts.

<---- Hotel snob

I'm a hotel snob too. I've been a Hilton customer for a very long time but my favorite hotel right now is the Drury Inn, and there are 2 somewhat close to Kings Island right off 75 in Middletown, OH and Sharonville, OH. Free soda and free popcorn during your stay, as much as you want! Easily the best value for your money!

I have never stayed at a Drury Inn, but have heard good things about them.

If they had free BEER and popcorn, it would automatically be my new fave hotel chain.

All I envision with free soda is a bunch of kids hopped up on Mountain Dew screaming and running around the entire hotel in a caffeine-buzzed state driving everyone bonkers - with the exception of the parents that have probably locked them out of the room. lol