TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Busch Gardens has a (rather high) operating temperature of 42 degrees for their B&Ms. I believe that's more likely the reason. Verbolten and Invadr have a 36 degree operating temperature (per the website) so they run more often.

Yes... I was holding back laughter as I wrote that, but everyone knows my stance so I won't re-hash it.

As you can see, the ride did not explode. I'm sure Diamondback would be the same way.

*Also, it's "brakes", dumbass.

Do the Chinese clones of Sheikra even have the water scoop part? Not sure the one going up in Korea will either considering it's at a 365-day park which is open on a lot of days when the temp is below freezing.

^The SheiKra clone at Happy Valley Shanghai definitely has the splash effect. The other large scale dive coasters in Asia (at Chimelong Paradise and at Happy Valley Chengdu) seem to all have it too.

Looking at the renderings for the one going up in Korea at Gyeongju World, it seems to me that this one will also have the splash effect. It will be interesting to see what they will do when it's freezing, though.

I like your optimism. I'm just inclined to believe the park has such a solid line-up that it doesn't need to build a 300 foot giant, like Carowinds did. Diamondback does a great job at being the park's signature large scale intense coaster, with Beast and Banshee supporting that roll strongly. Diamondback is also a tad higher than a lot of B&M Hypers and it offers pretty strong forces throughout the whole ride.

It would be a dream come true for my favorite and closest CF park to get a giga, but I believe it would be a better strategy for that 30 million dollar investment to be spread out among parks that are in need of a new thrilling coaster like WoF, Valley Fair, etc.

I have a hunch it will. Maybe not in the next couple of years, but I’m inclined to believe a B&M giga will come before too long.

The lowercase "i" clearly stands for Intamin.

(I mean if you're gonna get your hopes up, might as well get them all the way up)

I like your optimism. I'm just inclined to believe the park has such a solid line-up that it doesn't need to build a 300 foot giant, like Carowinds did. Diamondback does a great job at being the park's signature large scale intense coaster, with Beast and Banshee supporting that roll strongly. Diamondback is also a tad higher than a lot of B&M Hypers and it offers pretty strong forces throughout the whole ride.

It would be a dream come true for my favorite and closest CF park to get a giga, but I believe it would be a better strategy for that 30 million dollar investment to be spread out among parks that are in need of a new thrilling coaster like WoF, Valley Fair, etc.

I completely agree with this. Kings Island’s second- and third-tier coasters are vastly better than the ones at Carowinds and Canada’s Wonderland, so that leads me to believe that they won’t get a giga any time soon.

But of course, if it actually happened at some point, I don’t think anybody would really complain!

I have a hunch it will. Maybe not in the next couple of years, but I’m inclined to believe a B&M giga will come before too long.

The lowercase "i" clearly stands for Intamin.

(I mean if you're gonna get your hopes up, might as well get them all the way up)

Oh trust me I wish

I like your optimism. I'm just inclined to believe the park has such a solid line-up that it doesn't need to build a 300 foot giant, like Carowinds did...

I wouldn't count out a giga at Kings Island...just yet. I still think its in the park's future as it is one of the better performing parks in the chain. I agree that the other parks are in need of a new thrilling coaster but CF doesn't seem to be in a hurry to give WoF or Valleyfair anything noteworthy and it's been awhile since either park got new coasters. It looks like Dorney may finally be in the running for something with the removal of Stinger.

I consider Intimidator and Diamondback to be very close though I do think Diamondback is better due to the layout having more turns in it than the straightforward layout at Carowinds.

Carowinds had intimidator, and built fury. Canada's wonderland had behemoth, but built Leviathan. Both examples work out well for the parks.

The issue that I see with a giga at kings island however, is the park being so close to cedarpoint. Does cedar fair want the competition so close to it's crown jewel park(CP)?

To me the best thing both parks could do is market them as one for out of town visitors. With the parks being close enough together that people can do both multiple days on one trip. I don't see them competing but rather working together to draw more in.

The issue that I see with a giga at kings island however, is the park being so close to cedarpoint. Does cedar fair want the competition so close to it's crown jewel park(CP)?

With that kind of thinking Kings Island should have never built Banshee since CP has Raptor. Also consider the length of time between gigas. Millennium Force was 2000 and if Kings island gets one it won't be until at least 2020/2021. More than likely it will be a B&M so it would be a much different experience ride wise.

I don't think the competition will work against the parks. Instead, I think they will use it as a way to sell more season passes.

To me the best thing both parks could do is market them as one for out of town visitors. With the parks being close enough together that people can do both multiple days on one trip. I don't see them competing but rather working together to draw more in.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/tickets-passes/daily-tickets

Scroll down and you will see that Kings Island offers a reasonably priced combo ticket that includes both Kings Island and Cedar Point so if no one is interested in a season pass they have the option of still getting a ticket to Cedar Point. I'm sure it's also offered in Sandusky.

I remember reading something about the Island Smokehouse coming to the dry park a while back, but couldn't find anything specific in a brief Google search and only found this in the thread, which seems to be in reference to an article that doesn't explicitly mention the restaurant.

This is a good idea! From everything I've read and heard about the Island Smokehouse is very popular, so glad they seem to be bringing it to the dry side. This will hopefully help with the lines. We'll see.

Does anybody know anything about this? Is it happening this year and if so where is it going to be? I wanted to try it last year but didn't want to head over to Soak City just for that. I'm heading back again this year in June and would like to eat there if I can stay in the dry park.