TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Do you guys think that Winterfest will really have that huge of a turn out?

Remember that coaster enthusiasts aren't the target market for Winterfest so this terrible ride lineup probably won't matter too much to most people. I don't expect a HUGE turnout, but they don't need a huge turnout. These events generally attract families and by their very nature lead to a large increase in in-park spending per guest. They're being conservative and keeping costs low. I'm sure they'll do a great job with the lights, I'm sure the shows will be nice. If you live nearby and have a season pass you should absolutely go, check out the atmosphere, support the event by buying some merchandise and hot chocolate or something and then power ride Mystic Timbers which will likely be a walk-on.

It's an event for locals, and even for enthusiasts it's better than what you had last year but I'd definitely go on a road trip to Six Flags St. Louis, Dollywood or even Great Adventure if you're feeling ambitious and actually want to ride some coasters in the winter.

But hey... there's nothing wrong with being able to ride Mystic Timbers in December.

I honestly wasn't expecting them to open any coasters. If they had to only choose one, I'm glad they chose Mystic Timbers. It's a solid ride and it makes the most sense (good for families while still thrilling). Of course wish there could be more open, but I'm still glad to have some more time to ride Timbers this year!

But I'll also be planning a Dollywood trip as well

It was pretty clear seeing that lineup who the REAL target demographic is for this event, so it makes sense. Sounds like a lovely family-friendly event to be had, though. Those seeking intense thrills have the haunt events anyways.

But hey... there's nothing wrong with being able to ride Mystic Timbers in December.

We're heading to KI on Saturday, 10/7 throughout the day and for the entire haunt. We're taking guests, which is unusual for us. We plan on getting FL+. I'm guessing the park will be slow during the day, but will the FL+ be plenty worth it at night? I'm not used to going this early in October. I don't want our guests to be pissed off at us for paying $100 to skip 5-10 minute lines.

We're heading to KI on Saturday, 10/7 throughout the day and for the entire haunt. We're taking guests, which is unusual for us. We plan on getting FL+. I'm guessing the park will be slow during the day, but will the FL+ be plenty worth it at night? I'm not used to going this early in October. I don't want our guests to be pissed off at us for paying $100 to skip 5-10 minute lines.

If the weather is nice, it'll be packed. Columbus day saturday is very busy for most parks. I'm sure Kings island is no exception. I don't remember what weekend but a few years ago we spent a weekend in October at KI and the weather was in the 70s and sunny. They were parking people in the grass at great wolf lodge next door.

^^^^Saturdays during Haunt were definitely a lot busier than Fridays and could get crazy, but I can't speak to FL+ being worth it or not for you guys. Are you trying to do all the Haunt mazes too?

I'm more curious as to what the shed will have in store.

Nothing was different when we rode MT a week ago. I think if they were going to change it, they would have marketed that. Maybe Timbers is too new this year but they will change it up during Haunt in the future when it's gotten more "old" to people.

Unlike Six Flags where you have a "home park" and discounts and special events or water parks are not alway included in your gold pass for other parks (and passes are different prices depending on the park), your Cedar Fair Platinum pass acts the same no matter what park you go to (they are also the same price at each park; well, technically cheaper in Canada which is why I renew there with my USD ) and all Platinum perks for each individual park page are good for all Platinum passes regardless of your "home park". So if haunt is an extra charge like at CW or Knott's, it will still cost extra, but if it's a free event with a gold/plat pass, then it is good for you too.

... though people sometimes are confused when they see my Leviathan pass because it's very unique to the chain and one older gentleman was giving me a hard time trying to get a discount saying it wasn't the right park until I kept telling him to just scan it, lol. You can always ask for a supervisor worst case...

^^^^Saturdays during Haunt were definitely a lot busier than Fridays and could get crazy, but I can't speak to FL+ being worth it or not for you guys. Are you trying to do all the Haunt mazes too?

Doing everything isn't ever really in our agenda. We just like to ride whatever we want whenever we want. The people we're going with are smart with their money. If we're not skipping a lot of time off of the lines, they'll likely be pretty unimpressed, to say the least... I just don't want there to be any moments of "Wtf we bought these $100 passes and wasted our money, because there are no lines."

Doing everything isn't ever really in our agenda. We just like to ride whatever we want whenever we want. The people we're going with are smart with their money. If we're not skipping a lot of time off of the lines, they'll likely be pretty unimpressed, to say the least... I just don't want there to be any moments of "Wtf we bought these $100 passes and wasted our money, because there are no lines."

From what you describe about them, I would just wait to see how the night goes before purchasing.

I'm planning to be there Friday night. Too bad I'll just miss you guys, but I can at least report how busy it is on Friday and hope it might be at least somewhat representative of Saturday night.