TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I caught KI on a rainy Saturday (no thunder/lightning though) last year, and it was excellent! Just about everything stayed at max capacity, and fast lane was really unnecessary with mostly walk-ons around the park. Two thumbs up for their rain policy .

However, we have a trip planned for this weekend as well, and there seems to be thunderstorms in the mix unfortunately. Saturday looks to be the better day to go, weather-wise, with the storms predicted to be scattered rather than continuous. I completely forgot Coasterstock was happening, so hopefully we along with fellow enthusiasts get a break in the weather.

^WOO I can't wait!

Who else is going to Coasterstock tomorrow?

I'll be there with my son! I'm surprised there hasn't more chatter on the board here leading up to the weekend. Hopefully the forecast keeps people away and we have the park to ourselves:) I'm really looking forward to the behind the scenes tours of The Beast and Diamondback as well as the ERT at night on those two plus Mystic Timbers.

I've only ridden it at night. It was pretty good. Still, I'd like to see what it's like during the day.

Same here, except not really interested in a day ride. I imagine it'd be like watering down a good beer and then drinking it warm.

It becomes a really fun mine train. I enjoy it both ways, but it really is much better during night.

Had to skip Coasterstock again for this year, sadly. Reeeeally wanted to go, but money and time said no. Oh well, might return next year maybe.

Hope you guys that are going will have a blast!

Had a great first day so far at Coasterstock. Lines were very manageable this morning and early afternoon. Banshee in particular seemed to be giving great rides today. Heading to dinner then back for this evening's ERT.

Hey guys, semi relevant considering some of the posts on this page, but I just completed a very in-depth review of The Beast on my blog. I've love to hear your thoughts on it!

THE BEAST REVIEW: Still the most radically unique wooden coaster to ever exist

JC,

I love your long reviews of wooden coasters. Would you consider doing one of Ravine Flyer II?

Oh man, I wish customers offered to buy any new equipment that was starting to show age instead of just complaining about how "dirty" the business is. Thousands of people per day will make things dirty. It's (unfortunately) up to the business to maintain cleanliness.

I'll tell you #whatsNOTintheshed.... air conditioning

Nearly spit my coffee over this comment. Funniest thing I've read on TPR in a while.

Poor thing, I never even considered that being a factor for the shed. Rode it on cool/cold days.

Poor thing, I never even considered that being a factor for the shed. Rode it on cool/cold days.

It can get VERY HOT down south! Literally walking into any room without air conditioning is TORTURE. The fact that there is no air conditioning in the shed is a bit scarier than the aliens/monsters on the screens themselves.

^We get those conditions later in summer. For now, it's just hot and occasionally rainy.

^^Greetings from a city 2 hours south of the park!

Speaking of it getting hotter and more humid later this summer, good luck to those that get stacked in the station of hot days. Can't wait to experience that portion of it myself soon-ish! (let alone get to ride it again.)

The high today there was what? 81? Y'all can't hang with the real south....lol

It was 96 where I live this afternoon with near calm winds and 80%+ humidity. Absolutely horrid.

43 and humid where I live.

Both of those temps sound like the south to me.

Oh man, I wish customers offered to buy any new equipment that was starting to show age instead of just complaining about how "dirty" the business is. Thousands of people per day will make things dirty. It's (unfortunately) up to the business to maintain cleanliness.

Dirty and worn are two different things. If the outer layer of coating is worn off the padding it doesn't make it dirty. I would rather the park just wait until they decide to do a full repaint and refurbishment to replace the worn padding, especially since most people (me) don't care.

I'm heading to King's Island for the first time this Thursday. As of now, it's looking like 60% chance of rain. That doesn't really bother me since it may help keep crowds away. What I'm wondering is what their policy is on running the rides and coasters in the rain? I may not get the chance to come back for quite some time, and I'm looking forward to being able to get on a new coaster in its debut season! Thanks in advance.

I was at KI on Monday (Fast Lane Plus) and Tuesday (no FL), May 15 and 16:

Scorecard:

The Beast: 18x

Mystic Timbers: 6x

Racer: 1x

Woodstock Express: 1x

Diamondback: 4x

Adventure Express: 2x

Back Lot: 1x

Flight of Fear: 1x

Bat: 1x

Shake, Rattle, & Roll: 1x

Monster: 1x

Scrambler: 1x

The Beast was the star. I couldn't get enough of it. The warning signs around the station are so cool. I took 1 ride in a wheel seat -- only 1. I've never been much of a fan of helices on wooden coasters, but this time I loved the one on the Beast. One thing to note: If you have Fast Lane Plus, you don’t have to go all the way out the exit to get back in line. You go down the 3 switchbacks, turn left, and then you come to an intersection. Going right leads to the exit, but going left puts you back in the Fast Lane Plus line. One question: Does the chain on lift 1 speed up when the other train is on lift 2, or when it has cleared lift 2? Mystic Timbers was fun, and one of the things I like is that it's so different from any of the other wooden coasters. The theming is top-notch and really adds to the ride. Diamondback was as much fun as always. I’ve been back at home for almost a week, and I’m already looking forward to my next visit to KI. I think Cedar Fair has done a great job with the park.