TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

[...] The beast was not enjoyable.

That depends on what you were expecting. See below:

We went over to the beast which was my father-in-laws last ride of the day. I told him the brief history of the ride and how it was nothing special, but just an old ride that plows through the forest for a mile and a half. Apparently when I said "plowed" he heard "meandered" so he was actually very impressed with the Beast. I must say, every time I ride this thing I enjoy it more that I what I remember. I kind of equate it to Millennium Force. It doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, it knows it is awesome at what it does and those that appreciate it are those that really experience that "coaster nirvana."

I don't know if I got a bad ride on The beast or something but it hurt, especially after the second lift. I wasn't expecting a huge ride or anything, heck I was expecting it to be rough and rickety, but it was rougher than I thought. and I didn't enjoy the layout

Call me crazy, but I have never actually thought the beast was rough. If you aren't ready for the helix hip-check kidney shot then that can certainly be not fun. The helix is relentless in intensity and laterals but I've never found it rough. Ride the front.

I always recommend The Beast in rows 1, 2, 4, 5.

Listen to this guy ^

Hey guys, semi relevant considering some of the posts on this page, but I just completed a very in-depth review of The Beast on my blog. I've love to hear your thoughts on it!

THE BEAST REVIEW: Still the most radically unique wooden coaster to ever exist

That was a nice read. I thought you did great explaining why the Beast can be thrilling for unusual reasons. It really is a different kind of ride and you don't get the most out of it unless you appreciate it as such.

That was very well written.

I'll say this, we're going to Kings Island for only the second time in a decade in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to Mystic Timbers, I'm looking forward to riding things like Banshee, Bat and Diamondback again and they have a ton of great coasters (many of which are much better than the Beast) but once the sun goes down there's no f*cking way we're wasting a second of our lives riding anything other than the Beast. The Beast at night is the single greatest coaster experience I've ever had, period and it's not even close.

And you REALLY don't get the most out of it unless you ride it at night.

I've only ridden it at night. It was pretty good. Still, I'd like to see what it's like during the day.

Also I don't think it's as rough as some people make out. I rode Ghost Rider at KBF before a bit before the refurb and Mean Streak last year and both were far worse.

Out of curiosity, where did you sit? 3-bench PTC cars are notorious for giving terrible rides in the 3rd row of any car. I always recommend The Beast in rows 1, 2, 4, 5.

Ohhh so it was a bad ride, I sat in car 2 row 3, but my parents were in C3R1, is that just a bad seat?

I won't be heading back to KI for a while, and I really want to enjoy this classic ride.

I rode Beast in the very back as well as the back of other cars. It's far from smooth in these seats, but it's still a very good ride and not uncomfortable. I'd define it as wild.

That was very well written.

I'll say this, we're going to Kings Island for only the second time in a decade in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to Mystic Timbers, I'm looking forward to riding things like Banshee, Bat and Diamondback again and they have a ton of great coasters (many of which are much better than the Beast) but once the sun goes down there's no f*cking way we're wasting a second of our lives riding anything other than the Beast. The Beast at night is the single greatest coaster experience I've ever had, period and it's not even close.

Beast at night was the single largest difference I've ever seen a ride make from day to night, but I'll still take Boulder Dash at night. It's one of the few coasters with an equally as great setting and it's a better ride. Banshee is really good at night too though as well as Diamondback. I'm so glad the park was open until midnight when I was there last year since their top attractions really lend themselves to great night rides.

but once the sun goes down there's no f*cking way we're wasting a second of our lives riding anything other than the Beast. The Beast at night is the single greatest coaster experience I've ever had, period and it's not even close.

I love Beast night rides too, they're simply like no other, but Diamondback and Banshee night rides deserve some love!

Also, don't forget Mystic Timbers night rides!!

Basically any night rides at KI just rock

Basically any night rides at KI just rock

Here here. Monstrous airtime hills into dark valleys on Diamondback. Unpredictable laterals and airtime bumps on Mystic Timbers through a dark forest. The strobe from the onride photo to blind you before the slow roll and dive into the dark valley on Banshee. And the epic mile-plus of wood through dark forest on Beast.

I honestly think Bat is an awesome night ride too.

Unfortunately with a 10 PM close in late May that close to the Central time zone there's really only time for one true night ride so it'll be Beast for us. We were there on Memorial Day weekend a few years ago and totally forgot to consider how late the sun actually sets that far west in the time zone.

I've only ridden it at night. It was pretty good. Still, I'd like to see what it's like during the day.

Same here, except not really interested in a day ride. I imagine it'd be like watering down a good beer and then drinking it warm.

^^ I would never want to ride that log flume at night again. I didn't get a chance to ride it during the day so I got around to it after the sun went down.

I was expecting a nice little splash like most flumes, but nope I got full on drenched from the drop and then Snoopy blew water all over me.

I'll be there Saturday. What is Kings Island's policy with rain? The last time I actually went while it was raining was probably 5 years ago. I just don't remember, and it looks to be a rainy weekend in Mason.

Unless there's thunder or lightening in the area, it's always been my experience that everything stays open and runs to max capacity.