TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

What's ironic about you mentioning chicken on the MCBR is that one time Bill and I got stuck on Nitro's MCBR and the girl in front of us had chicken fingers in her coat and offered them to everyone on the train. I'm sure one of us has told this story before but its still funny.

God, that's hilarious! At least she didn't have them tucked into her cleavage?

I'm heading to KI this Saturday. I plan on getting the FL+, because we like to ride whatever and whenever we damn well please at this park. I usually feel pretty good about that decision, as long as it's not a complete waste of money. Any estimates for crowds this weekend?

I am curious how Saturday went for you sir, did you end up needing FL?

The weather forecast sucked, so we canned KI and went to SFGAm. It was chilly, but Sunny and dry. We had a surprisingly good day for a SFGAm. We'll hit KI sometime within the next couple months.

http://Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits.com/cedar-fair-new-coasters-2018/

Hopefully this turns out to be true, as I'd like to see smaller CF parks get some love.

There's a very good chance that this is true. In the conference call they specifically said that one of the coaster types would be brand new and a chicken and biscuit coaster would definitely fit the bill. It's great to see Cedar Fair on the cutting edge of innovation. I'm also happy they seem to partnering with Bojangles'. While it's certainty not my favorite southern chicken restaurant, this partnership would allow the coaster to be open on Sundays and that's a major win in my book.

Would the MCBR include a drive-thru window where you can buy chicken? If so, I'm sold.

I'd be all for this if the food lines weren't already atrocious

What's ironic about you mentioning chicken on the MCBR is that one time Bill and I got stuck on Nitro's MCBR and the girl in front of us had chicken fingers in her coat and offered them to everyone on the train. I'm sure one of us has told this story before but its still funny.

Yeah that was hilarious. Obviously we didn't take her up on that offer but plenty of people did. I have to admit, being stuck on a hypercoaster brake run in the middle of the woods on a 29 degree night in January is way more fun than I would have imagined. Ugh, it needs to be Holiday in the Park again... like now.

Yeah that was hilarious. Obviously we didn't take her up on that offer but plenty of people did. I have to admit, being stuck on a hypercoaster brake run in the middle of the woods on a 29 degree night in January is way more fun than I would have imagined. Ugh, it needs to be Holiday in the Park again... like now.

Must have been related to Napoleon Dynamite.

tenor.gif.948f5c9e5cda5d41a3c4ddc71bb8a1f8.gif

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet either, but I'm really curious as to what's planned for the land clearing behind Banshee. Supposedly people were spotted surveying the old SOB station recently.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet either, but I'm really curious as to what's planned for the land clearing behind Banshee. Supposedly people were spotted surveying the old SOB station recently.

What land are they clearing behind Banshee? Do you mean way up the hill, nowhere near anything? Aside from that the land is pretty much already "clear" isn't it?

Personally I wouldn't expect anything major at this park for awhile.

What land are they clearing behind Banshee? Do you mean way up the hill, nowhere near anything? Aside from that the land is pretty much already "clear" isn't it?

Personally I wouldn't expect anything major at this park for awhile.

That land has been worn for a long time. I wouldn't call it "being cleared" unless they're actually doing active work. They use that area for storing stuff and there's some old building/greenhouse looking thing back there that's from the Zoo days I believe.

Oh okay, upon further review this rumor was started by one guy on KI Central, there's clearly nothing new going on when you look at the webcam and everyone else thinks he's an idiot. Nothing to see here.

Aha! They must be experiencing a massive blue ice cream brain freeze.

I'll be visiting KI on Friday June 9th. Should I expect a crazy busy day? I'm probably going to spending the whole day there, and I hope to ride all the coasters once, and then re-ride my top three or four favourites a bunch. Am I likely to need Fast Lane (Plus)?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which coasters are worse for jerking you a lot? Or not for those who may get sick a little easier? I have not rode rides in years and have issues with my back so can do smooth rides but not jerky. I have bought seasons passes this year but so far just been taking my little kids, but next weekend finally getting to go and do adult rides. Any tips would be appreciated.

I'll be visiting KI on Friday June 9th. Should I expect a crazy busy day? I'm probably going to spending the whole day there, and I hope to ride all the coasters once, and then re-ride my top three or four favourites a bunch. Am I likely to need Fast Lane (Plus)?

If you're visiting on a summer Friday, I would recommend getting fast lane plus.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could let me know which coasters are worse for jerking you a lot?

Damn, I read that too fast...

I tend to avoid Firehawk, because it makes me sick. Vortex is going to smack your head around and Invertigo is sometimes guilty of making me a little sick and banged up. Racer can be hit or miss, but it does have a tendency to rattle your insides loose.

Other than that, everything else is very re-rideable. Even the aforementioned coasters aren't terrible as opposed to other the cautious coasters in other parks' lineups.

I recently went to KI for the first time and really enjoyed myself, I was there for one day and rode every coaster except the kiddies and invertigo.

Mystic timbers is incredible and the airtime is crazy, but I'm really disappointed at what's in the shed.

On another note I feel like some of the coaster there are not worth the wait, firehawk was uncomfortable, vortex was an arrow, flight of fear is rough and unpopular opinion here, The beast was not enjoyable.

Diamondback, Banshee, The Racer, Backlot Stunt Coaster, Mystic Timbers were great rides.

We went to Kings Island last Friday with the In-laws. It's become an annual tradition since they moved to Indiana for us to meet them at a park early in the season, with last year being a fantastic trip to Cedar Point. This time I was concerned the bar had been set too high and we were there on some sort of education day so the park was flooded with kids.

When we got there we picked up a handicap pass for my father-in-law. I just want to say that Cedar Fair has a fantastic program for this and the process was very smooth and simple and ride ops were very accommodating to getting us on the ride and almost always gave us seat preference even for front or back rows.

When we first got there we got the pass signed for Mystic Timbers and our wait time was about 40 minutes already so we wandered over to Diamondback which was a station wait so we went ahead and hit that while we had the chance. I love this thing. Even first thing in the morning on a rather cold day, it was hauling pretty good and giving some great airtime.

Afterwards we strolled back to Mystic Timbers and got loaded in the rear of the train. Now first off, I want to give a disclaimer: this ride, in my mind, is exactly what a wooden coaster should be on paper. Back in the days of all-nighters of playing RCT is there were woods in a park, this is the type of woody I would build in them. Step 1: big drop, Step 2: stay low and in the trees while delivering copious amounts of airtime and directional changes. That is exactly what this thing does. Especially in the back, we were thrown all over the seat as it was tough to see which way we were heading. I instantly knew this was one of my favorites and my wife said she liked it, but it threw her around a little more than she cared for.

Flight of fear is really starting to show its age these days, both this one and the one back home in Virginia. It is still a fun ride, just 20 years old at this point.

Banshee is a great ride, but the more I ride it, the more I am convinced it is a lower tier invert. I guess I prefer more snap to my inverts whereas this one is more prolonged intensity. The highlight is the slow roll and if I am saying that the highlight about a B&M invert is a slow element, something is wrong. I'll happily go back to having Afterburn rip my legs off. It also has developed quite a bit of shakiness which concerns me considering how new this thing is. The older inverts are still running like a dream but their newest model just isn't and I can't help but wonder if it has something to do with the trains.

Delirium, fantastic as always. These Frisbees are my favorite flats.

The Bat is a really solid ride. I really have a soft spot for the Arrow suspended coasters as Big Bad Wolf was my very first coaster so if a park has one of these, I will enjoy a nostalgic ride down memory lane. This one just happens to be a rather intense version and seems to be holding up well.

Backlot stunt coaster is a ride that I always enjoy. At least this one has most of the effects still working unlike at KD where you sit and listen to a loud soundtrack of gunshots with no idea what's going on.

We rode windseeker which seemed taller than the one at Carowinds, and I don't know why. I find these things terrifying.

We went over to the beast which was my father-in-laws last ride of the day. I told him the brief history of the ride and how it was nothing special, but just an old ride that plows through the forest for a mile and a half. Apparently when I said "plowed" he heard "meandered" so he was actually very impressed with the Beast. I must say, every time I ride this thing I enjoy it more that I what I remember. I kind of equate it to Millennium Force. It doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, it knows it is awesome at what it does and those that appreciate it are those that really experience that "coaster nirvana."

After the in-laws left, we had about 3 hours, which we spent going back and force from Diamondback to Mystic Timbers. I love Diamondback. But Mystic timbers... now we rode 3 more times, each time in the front seat (they weren't using groupers) and I have to say, I think the front is where it is at. After we rode the front, my wife declared this her favorite woodie, and I think it is my #2 after The Voyage and before El Toro. It's butter smooth right now and I really hope it ages well. Night rides on this thing are great (not quite Beast level epic, but still outstanding.)

After our Mystic Diamond love fest, we headed over to the Beast to get a night ride. This has been such an elusive experience for me. I've been to this park 5x and only got one night ride. This was my wife's first and she said it was much better than during the day. I forget how intense that helix is!

Afterwards we went to Applebees to watch Nashville beat Anaheim (Go Preds!) and decided that with the addition of Mystic Timbers this could be our favorite Cedar Fair park behind Cedar Point. hmm... that's a tough one.