TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Waited 2.5 hours for a "70-90minute" wait yesterday. Didn't even get to see what was in the shed--the video occurred right before and after we left the brake run. I'm pretty disappointed that it was just a video, but it could have been cool but I guess I wouldn't know. Fast lane was kept at 0, which might explain why we waited in the regular line for 2+ hours.

After recalling yesterday, I have to say Mystic Timbers is a fantastic addition to the park. My group & I all felt like this coaster feels like it has always belonged here. From the placement on the midway, the awesome queue, and fun ride experience. Kings Island has a real winner on their hands. Since opening day crowds at KI are always huge we splurged for FL+ in advance and got 8 rides on Mystic Timbers waiting no longer than 10-15 minutes each time.

On one of our rides, the train was dispatched and after the first 3 rows were out the train stopped and the ride broke down. It was around a 10 minute delay and I was able to have a conversation with one of the rides supervisors while we waited for maintenance to get us going again. On a separate occasion, our train left the station and when we got to the lift, the chain wasn't running so we stopped at the base of the lift and were there for around another 10 minute delay. While the ride wasn't running perfectly whenever there was a delay they seemed to get it back up and going pretty quickly.

I got to see all 3 shows that perform in the shed and more or less they're the same thing with a different animal. I think the music playing in the shed is a fun addition to the end of the ride to keep the guests entertained! It's a lot more fun than just sitting in the break run. I also loved the Son of Beast reference in the shed! This ride is a ton of fun and a great addition. Go ride it!

The sun is BRUTAL on B&M paint.

I don't even know where to begin with this.

Intamin sprays three coats of SPF 50 clear coat on their coasters, which not only preserves the colors, but it also makes it so the sun doesn't burn the steel. However, this paint is less reliable than B&M paint, despite its ability to withstand higher G forces.

• Haha 1

Intamin sprays three coats of SPF 50 clear coat on their coasters, which not only preserves the colors, but it also makes it so the sun doesn't burn the steel. However, this paint is less reliable than B&M paint, despite its ability to withstand higher G forces.

If only Arrow had thought of doing this back in the day. The reason their coasters are so rough is because the steel heats up and melts in the hot sun, creating ruts and bumps along the track. When they built Tennessee Tornado, they contracted Banana Boat to apply a thick layer of sunscreen to the track, thus eliminating the problem and making it the smoothest Arrow around.

If only Arrow had thought of doing this back in the day. The reason their coasters are so rough is because the steel heats up and melts in the hot sun, creating ruts and bumps along the track. When they built Tennessee Tornado, they contracted Banana Boat to apply a thick layer of sunscreen to the track, thus eliminating the problem and making it the smoothest Arrow around.

I heard they also apply a coast of Vaseline to the track once every three weeks.

IMG_3748.JPG.7b36f18b9fadf8f1bebb701724df3007.JPG

Mack is even offering gluten free paint options in addition to SPF paint, which is great for those of us who have anxiety related impotence. They're also working on a kosher paint, which is good for me since I was baptized Roman Catholic...

I heard they also apply a coast of Vaseline to the track once every three weeks.

[attachment=0]IMG_3748.JPG[/attachment]

But that's only at Cedar Fair and Disney parks. Six Flags cheaps out and uses generic Walgreens lubricant.

I gotta be honest here...WHY WOULD YOU WAIT FOUR HOURS FOR THAT RIDE?!?!?! This is a pass holder preview night, so all of these people should be able to easily come back again another day!!! Go enjoy the rest of the park empty and ride the new ride some other time. It will be there for awhile!!!!

Preview night was very busy all over.. we were up to an hour wait at Banshee most of the night.

Today, (Sunday) Banshee was a walk on, and I heard Mystic was over an hour.

But I agree. It will BE HERE!

I did however get to ride Mystic and love it. Perk of working in rides and being sent to help as extended queue team.

On a separate occasion, our train left the station and when we got to the lift, the chain wasn't running so we stopped at the base of the lift and were there for around another 10 minute delay. While the ride wasn't running perfectly whenever there was a delay they seemed to get it back up and going pretty quickly.

I heard about this in the break room today!... I actually LMAO at that.

I had a good 3 days at the park starting with Thursday as some read in my earlier report. I decided to go back Friday but just to take my son to Planet Snoopy. I just failed at planning on this day. I did not anticipate the hour long wait just to get off the highway and park and did not anticipate the obscene crowds in Planet Snoopy. I should have known better. I did get to take him on his first ride on Woodstock Express ( formally known as Beastie) which made the fact that we were only able to ride a few things better. Every food place had long lines but I noticed that they were moving much better than on opening day last year. I should have known better with it being 80 and sunny to stay away from the park for that first day.

17992205_10210259366092950_3515349623864630363_n.jpg.61f28abdb6d804955a87d2190e277e32.jpg

He was pumped about the ride when we hit the brakes.

Now as for yesterday (Sunday) i had a hunch there would be small crowds and took the family up to the park. we were there a little over four hours. Had two meals on our meal plan and rode everything in Planet snoopy multiple times and took a ride on the train. it was a perfect day. Thank you zombie jesus day and thank you impending doom rainstorms that never hit.

In other news, Kings Island's GM Mike Koontz (no... that's actually his name, I couldn't believe it either) confirmed in a recent interview with CoasterRadio.com that Mystic Timbers is scheduled to be open for Winterfest. No big surprise, but it's still awesome news.

Awesome! That pretty much confirms a trip down there for me. Hopefully that's also a good omen for DB to be open as well

With any luck I'll be going to KI on Friday June 9th. It will be the only day, but should be a full day. Is it typically busy Fridays in June? Will Fast Lane be necessary if I want to ride all coasters once and some twice?

So, turns out flights are cheaper for me if I leave a day later, meaning I could have an extra full day on my OH/PA trip. Thinking of going a bit crazy and squeezing Kings Island into this trip.

On a Saturday in early June (the 3rd to be exact) what can be expected from crowds? Fast pass recommended? If possible, what would a good plan of attack be like? Ya know, what to do first, better early rides, how it would work with fast pass etc

Thanks as always!

So, turns out flights are cheaper for me if I leave a day later, meaning I could have an extra full day on my OH/PA trip. Thinking of going a bit crazy and squeezing Kings Island into this trip.

On a Saturday in early June (the 3rd to be exact) what can be expected from crowds? Fast pass recommended? If possible, what would a good plan of attack be like? Ya know, what to do first, better early rides, how it would work with fast pass etc

Thanks as always!

Yes do fastlane. Go to Mystic Timbers first, then flight of fear and firehawk because those are the next longest lines. Hit diamondback and beast next. After that it doesn't really matter. Stay away from banshee until mid afternoon.

Thanks as always!

Yes do fastlane. Go to Mystic Timbers first, then flight of fear and firehawk because those are the next longest lines. Hit diamondback and beast next. After that it doesn't really matter. Stay away from banshee until mid afternoon.

Excellent, thanks a bunch.

Thanks as always!

Last year when I did a trip that included Dollywood, Cedar Point, and Six Flags Great Adventure, I went to Kings Island on a Saturday and I'm glad I had Fast Lane Plus because it was the most crowded park day of my trip. So definitely get Fast Lane especially if you've never been to Kings Island.