TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Still a step above what Cedar Fair had been doing in the last couple of years in terms of theming their coasters, and I'm all for it. I'm also not crazy about this coaster, but I do like what it's already got to offer. Should be a pretty solid coaster.

Still a step above what Cedar Fair had been doing in the last couple of years in terms of theming their coasters, and I'm all for it.

I think they did a good job with Banshee. It's enough themeing to give the ride character without being over the top.

For the record, I was never complaining about the Mystic Timbers

coaster train front. In fact, I think it's cool too, if that's the way

it's going to look/be. But, on first glance, I just laughed.

It was so...plain. And dirty. Cool!

Can someone please tell me why I see something mentioning "a log flume where characters pee on you" whenever someone posts a video on this thread?

Your Google search history is leaking.

Can someone please tell me why I see something mentioning "a log flume where characters pee on you" whenever someone posts a video on this thread?

I won't let you continue to question your sanity. My computer shows the same thing here. I have no idea why though...

I was just talking to a coworker about Kings Island and it made me remember one of my favorite attractions as a kid but I can't remember what the name was. It was right next to Racer about where Flight Commander used to be. I remember you walked into a dome tent structure and there were 2 or 3 hand railings and you would stand there watching a 180 degree movie screen and while watching the movie it would feel like you were moving and turning left and right even though you were standing still. Anyone remember what the name of that was? I absolutely loved that thing.

I was just talking to a coworker about Kings Island and it made me remember one of my favorite attractions as a kid but I can't remember what the name was. It was right next to Racer about where Flight Commander used to be. I remember you walked into a dome tent structure and there were 2 or 3 hand railings and you would stand there watching a 180 degree movie screen and while watching the movie it would feel like you were moving and turning left and right even though you were standing still. Anyone remember what the name of that was? I absolutely loved that thing.

I'm not sure what the one at Kings Island was called, but SFGAdv used to have the same thing until the late 90s. I remember experiencing it as a kid - had a blast!

I'm not sure what the one at Kings Island was called, but SFGAdv used to have the same thing until the late 90s. I remember experiencing it as a kid - had a blast!

Canobie Lake Park had one of these too. Was amazing as a kid, though I expect I'd laugh at it these days.

Does anyone else think next year we are seeing some flat rides like what Caorinwds/Dorney/WOF got this year or maybe some Snoopy rides? If we get flat rides I sure hope they put at least three in Coney and revamp the Action Theater for a PVZ or a Mass Effect type "ride"

Does anyone else think next year we are seeing some flat rides like what Caorinwds/Dorney/WOF got this year or maybe some Snoopy rides? If we get flat rides I sure hope they put at least three in Coney and revamp the Action Theater for a PVZ or a Mass Effect type "ride"

I've never really thought about it yet, but now that you mention it, those ideas actually sound pretty plausible. I think a "mega" Top Scan (like Sol Spin at Knott's) would be great for Kings Island. They already have a pretty solid flat collection already, but like Canada's Wonderland, you can never have too many flat rides.

Two weeks from today I'm taking my three oldest kids to KI for their first trip there, and we're all super excited! I was a little bummed to learn that Diamondback has such as high height limit, however, which will prevent my youngest child coming (just hit 52") from riding it... I think that height limit is needlessly high, but whatevs... I know that's been discussed before, and isn't going to change anything for two weeks from now. However, does anybody know... Will they allow my son to go through the line with the rest of us, and then just wait at the exit for us to ride? Or will they not even let him wait in line? Thanks to anybody who can provide me insight into this matter! (Same question goes for the other 54" rides.)

An oddity in the height kerfuffle, is that last year when I took my daughter to CP to ride the "big rides" for the first time, she was about 52", and missed out on Raptor there as a result. However, this year, with my son being that height (he's a year younger than her), he'll be able to ride Banshee at KI, since it's a lower limit, in spite of being the same type of coaster. I assume that's because of the different restraint, but I still find it funny...

Regardless of any of that, I'm super stoked about this trip with the kids, as are they, and we can't wait to hit up Mystic Timbers first ride of the day, and find out #what'sintheshed?