TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Are you on that crew? If so and you get drive trained, you are going to bake in the morning sun up there in that drive box. Banshee's drive box sucks in the afternoon through sunset. Even worse, is the metal panel. It reflects the heat. That's why we put that Halloween curtain in the one window at Banshee.

Indeed I am! Im ready for the stress!

EDIT 7:48. Look what has arrived! One train! And also here's a view out of the station. Looks like a picture booth is beIng installed. © KingsIslandPR

IMG_0864.thumb.JPG.a14e0228eb246fd4b2323a581d9febe7.JPG

Island smokehouse work continues

IMG_0866.thumb.JPG.c14281d2a568ee28deefa0c314fd141d.JPG

Out of the station we go

IMG_0868.thumb.JPG.c36b7177cbe7088ec92e20efd4b7b606.JPG

TRAINS

Are you on that crew? If so and you get drive trained, you are going to bake in the morning sun up there in that drive box. Banshee's drive box sucks in the afternoon through sunset. Even worse, is the metal panel. It reflects the heat. That's why we put that Halloween curtain in the one window at Banshee.

Indeed I am! Im ready for the stress!

EDIT 7:48. Look what has arrived! One train! And also here's a view out of the station. Looks like a picture booth is beIng installed. © KingsIslandPR

Of all the coaster trains in the world Millenium Flyers are probably my favorite visually, followed by B&M Hyper Trains.

The webcams are legitimately down even if you go to Pixelcaster directly. I don't think they'd bother taking the Banshee cam offline, so I feel like they're undergoing maintenance and it's completely unrelated. It could be related to construction, but who knows?

Yeah I've been curious today why they'd take all the cams offline. I was watching the Mystic Timbers cam yesterday getting overly excited for no good reason about the guys walking the lift hill and the first turn and hill over the lift.

^I think yesterday in the evening they where doing a pull through test of the first drop area.

Heres a neat video on how Mystic TImbers has ever so slightly changed the skyline of the park!

Also, I think testing will begin next week (i feel confident in this guess, that's all I'm going to say ) and the reason why the webcams where down might be because we might be getting that new "Cedar Fair style" website that Cedar Point, Carowinds, Kings Dominion and California's Great America all have.

The park map is finalized and is going to the printers in the morning!

Mystic Timbers looks great!! I'm sad that we won't make it out this year. . .but we are postponing the 16 hour drive till next year so we can hit up New Mean Streak as well!

Anywho, the new coaster looks great. I'm glad to see the park getting a new woodie!!

I had a weird dream last night that I was riding Mystic Timbers on a train full of snarky coaster enthusiasts. The ride started strong but then got to the turn around and slowed down considerably. The whole train proceeded to boo loudly while I just started to feel sad that the ride didn't turn out very thrilling. Dream ended before I got to the shed lol.

Hopefully the real ride will turn out better than my dream haha. I think the it'll at least be very good. The layout doesn't look quite as good as more twisty GCIs like Thunderhead, but Timbers looks like it'll have lots of fast-paced floater airtime and a few good twisty moments. I'm not expecting to be blown away by it, but it'll be a really solid addition to Kings Island. I've been asking for a GCI coaster at KI for years and this fits the bill well. Can't wait to marathon it at Coasterstock this year.

As I just recently learned with Fun Spot Orlando's White Lightning, it is never to underestimate a GCI's Wildness factor. MT will be an amazing coaster so I only have 2 questions:

-What's in the Shed?

-How will it compare to Beast--especially at night?

As with all new rides, it will take some time for some of the surrounding vegetation to grow in thicker. As such, I don't see this delivering night rides on the scale of the beast. On the Beast, once you leave the lift hill, you no longer feel like you're in a park. That being said, this does look at least fairly secluded. It's safe to say that these night rides will not disappoint, but I'd hold off final judgment for a few years to see just how thick the surroundings will grow in. After all, the Beast's forest has almost 40 years head start.

I had a weird dream last night that I was riding Mystic Timbers on a train full of snarky coaster enthusiasts.

You could've just said coaster enthusiasts. We know we're snarky.