TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Of course Prowler gives a better night ride than the Beast. It's a substantially better coaster. *ducks*

Anybody else ridden The Voyage at night? Personally my absolute favorite night rides on any coaster.

First year at night in the rain. My wife got off crying and haven't rode a roller coaster since. I felt really bad....I didn't know it would be like that....It was a ride that is unexplainable.

Of course Prowler gives a better night ride than the Beast. It's a substantially better coaster. *ducks*

Anybody else ridden The Voyage at night? Personally my absolute favorite night rides on any coaster.

Voyage at night was always pretty good, I haven't been back since they opened Thunderbird so not sure if the light from that attraction area has changed the experience or not.

Also, a sneaky good night ride (while it was still tolerable a few eyars after opening) was Hades, that tunnel under the parking is dark during the day but entirely different at night.

Beast is still my favorite.

While comparing Beast and Hades is like comparing salt and pepper, I have to admit that when we we visited Mt. Olympus a few years ago and did the late night hours of operation (when we were pretty hammered), Hades was actually f%cking awesome in the front seat at like 12:30 at night.

I'd like to try that on Voyage sometime, but ya know...the no alcohol thing.

No offense, but Santa Claus don't like no boozers like me.

I'm not a fan of Voyage, but I rode it with a pretty strong buzz a couple years ago. Emily and I went to the nearby German restaurant and I had several massive German beers in me before returning to the park. It definitely turned a night ride on Voyage from me usually hating it to it being pretty awesome. Not awesome enough to ride more than once, though... Especially since I had to ride it all by myself in the first place.

I'm not a fan of Voyage, but I rode it with a pretty strong buzz a couple years ago. Emily and I went to the nearby German restaurant and I had several massive German beers in me before returning to the park. It definitely turned a night ride on Voyage from me usually hating it to it being pretty awesome. Not awesome enough to ride more than once, though... Especially since I had to ride it all by myself in the first place.

Tall German beers you say? Where is this place so I can go when Im there.

This year I will once again be participating in a fundraiser through a park. Kings Island teamed up with the Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation this time around to help raise money for kids and families around the Cincinnati and Fort Worth area get to do and participate in experiences they normally wouldn't do to various limitations.

When I did the Scream Like A Kid Again fundraising for Banshee I managed to get $1200 in donations and the experience I gained meeting with some of the people was incredible. I am hoping to do similar this time around if not more. If you would like to donate to my page head over this this link ----> https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/lanceMarshall/mystic-timbers-first-official-rides--launch-party

you can also find more info on my page about the Andy and Jordan Dalton Foundation

If you would like to create your own page to fund raise head over to this link to get started! ----> http://www.firstgiving.com/410830/mystic-timbers-first-official-rides--launch-party

While I remember the Beast being fun and all I prefer both Voyage and Hades. They both seem more intense and have a lot more drops too. I dont remember Beast have that many drops and was just mostly twisting track. Then again its been years since I went to KI,so maybe I just dont remember much about the coaster. Who knows maybe if go on it again my mind will completely change.

^ I'll usually Yelp restaurants around parks & being German (and loving German food and beer), I'm surprised I missed this!

Although I recall that we left the park at close and then drove north towards Indiana Beach before pulling off due to tornado watches and severe weather. At least we did stumble onto a place that actually served decent Buffalo wings with a pretty decent draft selection!

I certainly won't do another visit to HW without checking the German restaurant out and downing a couple of Maß before heading back for a front seat ride on Voyage....sound like a good way to experience this coaster.

Now back to your Kings Island thread....

130.JPG.d967e4347cb89b8660ec3a9088586de8.JPG

I think these were BBQ medium

131.JPG.201db2251c8010805827c49a6e898f54.JPG

Traditional hot

133.JPG.ae58a9719fcb9e75561fddbbe1ae5db7.JPG

Not a bad place.

While comparing Beast and Hades is like comparing salt and pepper, I have to admit that when we we visited Mt. Olympus a few years ago and did the late night hours of operation (when we were pretty hammered), Hades was actually f%cking awesome in the front seat at like 12:30 at night.

No offense, but Santa Claus don't like no boozers like me.

There is a little shopping center right by the park with a grocery store that sells beer. Could always pack a cooler from there! We always stay at Lake Rudolph Campground and have a stocked fridge we can run back to if we need.

Good Friday was a public opening day in 2014 when Banshee debuted. The lines for it were 7 hours long. Now, this gold pass preview isn't a "public" day, so there is a good chance the lines won't be as long, but I personally would skip going.

Kings Island has had ridiculously long lines on new-coaster-opening days as long as I can remember, back to 6+ hours for Outer Limits. I can't think of any other parks with a history of such absurd lines for new rides. I don't know what it is about KI but I guess locals just love their new stuff. I expect opening weekend for MT to be insane unless weather keeps people away.

^New rides usually have an "elevated" wait time in comparison to other rides in their thrill class throughout the season, with the wait time being front-loaded to the beginning of the day. Typically, the crowd levels will follow their normal peaks and valleys so a weekday in the first couple weeks in June should not be too bad for a wait on Mystic Timbers even if the wait time is longer than its neighbor, The Beast, or any other coaster in that park with a similar ride experience.