TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

This is pretty cool. The park just announced "Mystic Timbers Tuesdays". On every Tuesday in May and June, the new Mystic Timbers roller coaster will remain open for one additional hour after the park closes at night exclusively for Gold and Platinum passholders.

More time for me to work!

Speaking of Timbers, Station looks about what 50% done?

663172645_C3c2YpfWMAAzB1t1.thumb.jpg.c9dd9bae89d9844d8d4383b0645fde13.jpg

credit to @KingsIslandPR on Twitter/

This is pretty cool. The park just announced "Mystic Timbers Tuesdays". On every Tuesday in May and June, the new Mystic Timbers roller coaster will remain open for one additional hour after the park closes at night exclusively for Gold and Platinum passholders.

This is awesome. I would kill for GreatAdv to do stuff like this.

I am pleased to announce that I will be returning to Banshee for 2017!

Congrats! Im sure you'll be sent to Timbers sometime (maybe) and I'll try to come back to Banshee and get trained again!

On a side note a certain attraction got a small minor refurbishment...................Now if only we could as for some new paint.

723448738_C3l1tZ7WcAE93RQ1.thumb.jpg.6ad4203de4da417878559112791e0109.jpg

@KingsIslandPR on Twitter

^Look for the twilight tickets to be offered sometime in June or July. The best deal is the Coaster Combo which is a ticket to both Kings Island & Cedar Point on their respective websites. That is, if you can squeeze in an additional day to go to Sandusky prior to your trip to KI & KK.

Im planning a trip out here this summer, was gonna do a day and a half at KI and a day at KK. My question is does Kings Island offer a twilight ticket?

Yes, I believe Kings Island does offer a twilight admission ticket as I had arrived after 6:00pm during both visits to the park (July 2014 and June 2016). I had declined the offer because I had made plans to visit for that night and the next day so, I bought the two-day admission ticket to cover both days. I hope this helps with your inquiry.

I am pleased to announce that I will be returning to Banshee for 2017!

Congrats! Im sure you'll be sent to Timbers sometime (maybe) and I'll try to come back to Banshee and get trained again!

On a side note a certain attraction got a small minor refurbishment...................Now if only we could as for some new paint.

Fake! Vortex is sinking and will be torn down next year!

My Name is Dipp Indots, and I confirm this message

Im planning a trip out here this summer, was gonna do a day and a half at KI and a day at KK. My question is does Kings Island offer a twilight ticket?

Yes, I believe Kings Island does offer a twilight admission ticket as I had arrived after 6:00pm during both visits to the park (July 2014 and June 2016). I had declined the offer because I had made plans to visit for that night and the next day so, I bought the two-day admission ticket to cover both days. I hope this helps with your inquiry.

Oh they offer two day admission? Perfect. It doesn't show it on the website so I just purchase it at the gate?

Oh they offer two day admission? Perfect. It doesn't show it on the website so I just purchase it at the gate?

Yes, you purchase it at the gate. I believe it can be purchased online as well, but only once the full operating days and hours begin. But, I had purchased my two day admission ticket at the gate, even though it was available online. I found it was a better deal than paying the Twilight ticket and then a full day admission ticket.

EDIT: I just checked on their website and the two day admission ticket is available now.

1517569886_KingsIslandTwoDayTicketOption2017.JPG.19ab6e04b7bd9ae67a36e504de3a44a8.JPG

So I have a new theory that nobody has come up with. So the shed is a drop track but it leads underground. Then kind of like RCT you can build an entire layout underground. Since there is no room for another lift hill there must be a launch at the bottom of the drop track. Then after you go through the curvy underground layout to get back up you take the elevator track where you guys all think is the transfer track (the actual transfer track is in the underground portion) and then the ride ends. It still follows the blue prints... y'all just havnt seen the second page.

You heard it here first, folks

They are getting close to standing the last bends for Mystic Timbers!

Maybe it's just me, but this coaster seems like it has gone up really fast.

Considering that a lot of the ride is close to the ground and Cedar Fair's fantastic construction team, I'm not too surprised.

It's nice to see a modern wooden coaster come to the park after so long. Love a good GCI.

They are getting close to standing the last bends for Mystic Timbers!

Maybe it's just me, but this coaster seems like it has gone up really fast.

Considering that a lot of the ride is close to the ground and Cedar Fair's fantastic construction team, I'm not too surprised.

It's nice to see a modern wooden coaster come to the park after so long. Love a good GCI.

I think they started putting up the coaster while the park was still open for the 2016 season

Was at the park for a returner party on Saturday and I couldn't help but be more than grateful to welcome (along with many other associates) the new GM! (photo credit to Kings Island on instagram). Also you can clearly see that Mystic Timbers has changed the skyline ever so slightly! (Pictures where not takin by driver. I was in the passenger seat.

Edit 2-6-2017 - It looks like the new Restaurant coming to Soak City has broke ground!

2017-2-4.thumb.PNG.9dab28a4195d2ac2feee4a9f23445684.PNG

IMG_0086.thumb.JPG.be8cce1c8462c9419866fc7a381f4997.JPG

IMG_0090.thumb.JPG.34dd276368548814347080771bd9d5ce.JPG

IMG_0091.thumb.JPG.0b119640f89d4d630700b65d962dc74f.JPG

304570733_C4Akbe4WcAINWyp1.thumb.jpg.94faf25cfe39bdd970daa386eea364a2.jpg

Photo Credit to @KingsIslandPR on Twitter!

Can we possibly say this is the best GCI created? (even though I have never rode one)

Depends on how much it rattles (get triggered).

I'll be curious to see how well the surrounding area fills in once the weather changes. Right now it doesn't seems to "out in the woods" to me. We shall see.

Can we possibly say this is the best GCI created? (even though I have never rode one)

Sure, we can "possibly" say that but we should probably ride it first, especially since there's nothing about it on paper that really seats it apart from the others aside from arguably it's location and whatever is in the shed (though I'm not hyping that up too much).