TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Could the shed be a holding break with a rotating track mixed with some sound affects? I'm sure that's far fetched, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned it lol!

Edit: To be more clear, when I say rotating I mean track that is inverting. If that makes more sense.

I was thinking about it again, and if it's a drop track section with a video beforehand, that would cause some capacity issues. Maybe a 5-10 second video with the drop track at the end. So you have 5-10 seconds of video, 5-10 seconds of drop track and then resetting itself, then maybe 5 seconds to move into the station....that's 25 second of time that another car cant come near the shed. And seeing how CP likes to run coasters, that likely means another train cant crest the lift hill until the previous train exits the shed. So capacity is slowed down. Just a thought, but thinking about the timing, it just doesnt make sense.

KI claimed in the announcement a capacity of 1,200 riders per hour, which is slightly above the average for GCI woodies. Considering both Banshee and Diamondback eat queue lines like I eat Skyline hot sauce, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another nice, high-capacity coaster in the park.

For anyone saying you can "clearly see a transfer track in the shed — duh — the shed is just a glorified transfer track," I want to pop in and say this:

It's not. You can see a covered transfer station that has been a hallmark of every. Single. GCI. Ever. Built.

Only El Toro and Kentucky Rumbler do not have one — in fact, they don't have a transfer at all, because they both have only one train.

There is a second part to the shed where we will prehaps see a show or some effects.

IMG_3318.thumb.JPG.fab300010f016f2b1f25510b1a33d1f5.JPG

IMG_3317.thumb.JPG.d89b7966e618bbaafa083a730dba1d99.JPG

Could the shed be a holding break with a rotating track mixed with some sound affects? I'm sure that's far fetched, but I don't think anyone else has mentioned it lol!

Edit: To be more clear, when I say rotating I mean track that is inverting. If that makes more sense.

With GCI lapbars?

tenor.gif.513f7e257e5b63a24e9cfc927071c59f.gif

Restraints aside, as enthusiasts, I think we forget that a high percentage of people are terrified of going upside down. The thought of having a wood coaster that doesn't invert at all surprising everyone with a slow inversion in a dark shed at the end of the ride is borderline evil.

Restraints aside, as enthusiasts, I think we forget that a high percentage of people are terrified of going upside down. The thought of having a wood coaster that doesn't invert at all surprising everyone with a slow inversion in a dark shed at the end of the ride is borderline evil.

To add to this is if I may. You also don't want the GP or anyone else to not ride cause they might think "oh that new wooden coaster goes upside down? It must be Son of Beast 2.0"

Also the park operating hours have been posted and the opening weekend and the weekend after that are interesting. The park will be closed the Friday before Opening day for a private event, and will be open to the public the next day! the following weekend, Friday and Saturday open for public and that Sunday will be closed for a private event?

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/hours-directions/kings-island-park-hours

I don't know why no one else has pointed out the obvious yet. The Shed has LSMs in it, and we've only seen the first 1/3 of the PoV. After stopping in the shed, it blasts backwards through the track, ALMOST to the point of reaching the first lift chain, but then rolls forward through the course for a total of 3 uses switchback railway style.

Anyone who doesn't see this plainly obvious ruse is a fool. First triple-use continuous circuit wooden coaster, first LSM backwards launch non-hybrid wooden coaster. You heard it here first.

whoa they are open on that first Sunday. It looks like whomever rents the park out picked Friday instead

The first Sunday is on Easter this year, and one week earlier than usual. It still looks like the usual Sunday buyout is on the 23rd. The private event on Good Friday appears to be something different.

The pictures are great, and I'm sure the ride will be too, but I have to admit now that I've seen it from this angle it isn't quite as much of a "run through the woods" as I was expecting.

My thoughts exactly, but they need a lot of space for construction. Im not sure yet if I would rather have liked to have seen Mystic Timbers use the ravine to the left of the rapids and the right of the train bridge or the current site it is now.

Ideally, I would have liked for them to have used both the ravine for the out portion and the area over the rapids for the back portion so the clearing in the woods wouldn't be so wide.

Kings Island's instagram just uploaded this picture with the caption "Notice anything different in this photo?"

Let the speculation begin

My thoughts of course are simply that Vortex is getting a new sign, because the park should warn everyone well in advance of when Vortex's final season will be.

FullSizeRender.jpg.16781173b6c423531fad38a866fc762c.jpg

Edited by Midwesterner