TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I find it hilarious that happened because it has caused enthusiasts to cry so much. It also benefitted me because I didn't have to wait in a long line of nerds to take my 3 year old on the ride after that happened.

I would have shared your entertainment. I don't 'get' gliders.

I find it hilarious that happened because it has caused enthusiasts to cry so much. It also benefitted me because I didn't have to wait in a long line of nerds to take my 3 year old on the ride after that happened.

They are fun and I enjoy them but it because a bit of an annoyance when you have 50 nerds waiting in the kiddie area for one ride when you're there with you kid. I get why people enjoy them but I enjoyed watching everyone cry

Anyone who can "snap too hard" on a Larson Flyer deserves an award.

Agreed! I have yet to to figure out how to snap one of these Larson models.

Also, I find it interesting that Carowinds not only allows snapping but actually makes a competition out of it.

Most of them suck which may be why you don't get them. There are some that you can snap with some skill like the ones at Kings Dominion or Carowinds (though I don't like to ride the ones at Carowinds since they're in the kids area so as adults we don't want to take up 2 flyers on a low capacity ride).

If you get the chance to go to Knoebels, try those out. Otherwise it's not really worth wasting your time with them, especially stupid Larson models or models in kids areas marketed as kiddy rides.

(though I don't like to ride the ones at Carowinds since they're in the kids area so as adults we don't want to take up 2 flyers on a low capacity ride).

Otherwise it's not really worth wasting your time with them, especially stupid Larson models or models in kids areas marketed as kiddy rides.

Thank you.

Me too. That entire area from Beast to D-Back is really great. There are a plethora great offerings:

Diamondback

Log Flume

Mystic Timbers

The Train

Beast

The beer man in the sports bar

The beer man in between Stunt Coaster and Beast

The rapids ride (if you're into that kind of thing)

In between rides you can grab a beer from any of the TWO beer men in that area and enjoy watching Diamondback splash downs while listening to the music that plays in that area. Some people prefer the beach... Not this guy.

Of note, you can tell I couldn't care less about ride names.

Me too. That entire area from Beast to D-Back is really great. There are a plethora great offerings:

Diamondback

Log Flume

Mystic Timbers

The Train

Beast

The beer man in the sports bar

The beer man in between Stunt Coaster and Beast

The rapids ride (if you're into that kind of thing)

In between rides you can grab a beer from any of the TWO beer men in that area and enjoy watching Diamondback splash downs while listening to the music that plays in that area. Some people prefer the beach... Not this guy.

Of note, you can tell I couldn't care less about ride names.

All of this being said, I feel like with Mystic Timbers next year, that already-crowded area is going to be absolutely packed. That is, if Timbers holds popularity. I mean, is it me, or did Banshee's line get short awfully quick after opening?

I feel like Banshee always has consistent lines. With their stellar operations it's an absolute capacity monster. Otherwise, I estimate Banshee's queue would always be about the length of Diamondback's queue, which I have always seen to be consistently longer by at least a few switch backs.

Banshee seems to be the ride most go to in the morning therefore the lines are almost non-existent by mid-afternoon. Also take into effect that Diamondback's dispatches have been a little slower the past couple of seasons with an occasional three train stack every once in a blue moon.

I feel like Banshee always has consistent lines. With their stellar operations it's an absolute capacity monster. Otherwise, I estimate Banshee's queue would always be about the length of Diamondback's queue, which I have always seen to be consistently longer by at least a few switch backs.

Didn't think about efficiency. Banshee is a bit more efficient than Diamondback, and since the lines move quicker, they often appear shorter. So looking at the efficiency of similar rides to MT (looking at you, Prowler), it looks like we should be in for some long waits.

I've never been impressed by WOF operations during any of my visits. I'm hoping Mystic Timbers will pump trains out similar to Banshee. If the crew KI assigned to Banshee when it was their new star attraction will be any indication of the kind of crew they will assign to Mystic Timbers, I think we'll be a lot better off than Prowler. Also, doesn't Prowler have two trains and isn't Mystic Timbers getting three?

Didn't think about efficiency. Banshee is a bit more efficient than Diamondback, and since the lines move quicker, they often appear shorter. So looking at the efficiency of similar rides to MT (looking at you, Prowler), it looks like we should be in for some long waits.

and yet, Renegade makes Prowler's group look like Cedar Point speed.

^I don't know if you are referring to Renegade's 2016 season, or in general. Because Renegade's crew had a down year in 2016. A lot more stacking, and stacking for longer periods of time. It's been a while since I've been to WoF, but the Prowler crew was good that day.

I've never been impressed by WOF operations during any of my visits. I'm hoping Mystic Timbers will pump trains out similar to Banshee. If the crew KI assigned to Banshee when it was their new star attraction will be any indication of the kind of crew they will assign to Mystic Timbers, I think we'll be a lot better off than Prowler. Also, doesn't Prowler have two trains and isn't Mystic Timbers getting three?

I was more so referring to the efficiency numbers. A few sources have noted that most GCIs somewhat similar to MT run around 800-1000 riders per hour. Granted, that's best case scenario, so I wasn't factoring in how the staff runs their rides. But considering KI regularly runs Diamondback around 1,500 with bins, and has Banshee knocking on the door of 1,700 without them, I'm sure Mystic Timbers should be able to run at or near the (estimated by KI) capacity of 1,200 rph.