TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Im going down to KI this Sat (10/8) for my first KI haunt. I love haunt events but I know the park will be mobbed, i was wondering if it would be worth paying $60 for the fright lane? I plan on doing all the houses, and i will be staying till closing (1 am).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanna do more than about 5 of them you'll be happy to spend the money of Fright Lane.

I was at the park Saturday from 11am-1am. What an awesome day. With FL+ did Banshee and Diamondback around 10x each (plus multiple well after dark) and Beast front row at night once again. Park looks great and I was so happy to have made it back, Banshee definitely grew on me (though I really liked it already before) and I discovered Diamondback in car 5--surprisingly my favorite seat.

Looks like an RMC truck stopped by KI? Photo cred to KICentral on twitter.

OMG! That's what's in the shed! They finally made a coaster for enthusiasts, you guys--hear me out, this is legit--at the end of Mystic Timbers, you go into the shed to see an RMC truck! Jizz yourself with excitement! It's happening. It's real. It's confirmed. You heard it here first.

OMG! That's what's in the shed! They finally made a coaster for enthusiasts, you guys--hear me out, this is legit--at the end of Mystic Timbers, you go into the shed to see an RMC truck! Jizz yourself with excitement! It's happening. It's real. It's confirmed. You heard it here first.

LMAO!

Forreal though, the quality of that picture is awful and you can't zoom in close enough to pick out any letters or numbers on the truck.

Also, do people think they drive a maintenance truck all over the USA to attend meetings/present? I highly doubt they use that truck and not a regular car/SUV.

OMG I was just going to say something like this but you said it better

Im going down to KI this Sat (10/8) for my first KI haunt. I love haunt events but I know the park will be mobbed, i was wondering if it would be worth paying $60 for the fright lane? I plan on doing all the houses, and i will be staying till closing (1 am).

I was there this last Saturday too (small TR to come when I have the time) sans Fright Lane, and we were able to do 6.5 mazes (don't ask about the half), one of the shows, and a good amount of coasters. This was with us meandering about and spending like 20 minutes waiting to get a beer at the Sports Bar, only to leave without one because they were taking too long, and then a good amount of time wandering around and looking for beer. The lines for the mazes shortened considerably as the night went on, but Field of Screams was pretty long the entire night. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, and the maze lines moved quickly. I guess it just depends on how much you like your $60 vs how much you hate waiting in line.

I'll probably be back this Friday or Saturday (not sure when yet), and am down to meet up with someone. I won't be getting Fright Lane, though.

Oh, I think you're uh.....jizzing yourself with enough excitement for all of us, Andrew.

Looking forward to next year at Kings Island, since the new wooden coaster and Banshee are new since my last trip. Even if the GCI has no real surprises, I am happy to see new wooden coasters being built(both KI and BGW). Not every ride/coaster needs to be balls out of control. You've got diamondback, beast, banshee, and Mystic Timbers now headlining this park, a decent amount of flats, flight of fear, a flying coaster, a suspended, and a historic wooden racer. Be happy parks are adding new coasters, your home park could be dorney...

OMG I was just going to say something like this but you said it better

I was there this last Saturday too (small TR to come when I have the time) sans Fright Lane, and we were able to do 6.5 mazes (don't ask about the half), one of the shows, and a good amount of coasters. This was with us meandering about and spending like 20 minutes waiting to get a beer at the Sports Bar, only to leave without one because they were taking too long, and then a good amount of time wandering around and looking for beer. The lines for the mazes shortened considerably as the night went on, but Field of Screams was pretty long the entire night. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, and the maze lines moved quickly. I guess it just depends on how much you like your $60 vs how much you hate waiting in line.

I'll probably be back this Friday or Saturday (not sure when yet), and am down to meet up with someone. I won't be getting Fright Lane, though.

I know you said don't ask, but damnit I want to know!

^Since you asked, I'll embarrass myself and tell the story along with my TR

On Saturday, I took my friend who has never been to KI before. About 10 minutes from the park, he says, "You think I'll be able to get into the park with my 2017 platinum pass? I used my one free ticket at Cedar Point." Dang, maybe should have thought of that sooner. We got to the park around 5, but had to wait until 5:30 to buy a Haunt ticket.

Once inside the park, we rode Banshee in the front, then went to Firehawk. My friend said he didn't want any spoilers, so I made him turn away from the coaster while we waited, and I made him keep his eyes closed in the station. I told him we were riding in the back (despite me clearly asking the ride op if we could ride in the front). So, strapped into the front row of Firehawk, he still had no idea what the coaster would do. The look on his face when we lowered back and I said, "Surprise! We are in the front!" ...completely priceless. Well worth the long wait!

When we got off the coaster, we were right by the maze, Board 2 Death, and it had no line. I was a bit nervous, but gathered the courage to walk in and.... we got a few steps in before they told us to go back out, and we noticed everyone else go out through an emergency exit. It was probably a good 15 or so minutes of us wondering what was going on and if we should wait it out while they resolved the issue. When they let us go in, I SWEAR it was super dark inside, like too dark, and I couldn't see where I was going and almost tripped over something. I got a couple scenes in, super nervous and uncomfortable, when I saw this scary animatronic of what I thought was a demonic rabbit, and I was like "NOPE, don't want to do this." My friend thought I was joking and tried to convince me to keep going, but I'd been in this situation before and did NOT want to keep going as long as I felt like this. I was right by an emergency exit, thankfully, and I peaced out. So yeah, I only got through half of Board 2 Death, but I would like to try it again and see if it really is that dark, or if something went wrong and some of the lights were out which added to it being especially unnerving that time. Otherwise, I'm a p***y and apparently can't handle animatronic rats.

After that, I decided drinking a beer would be our best next step, so I led us toward the sports bar by Diamondback. I noticed Diamondback testing and was like, hold up, my coaster senses are tingling, let's go check it out. The midway was super crowded, and we noticed the Diamondback line stretching to the sports bar. My friend was like no way, but when I saw that the line started at the entrance, I convinced him to wait. Sure enough, 5 minutes later they let everyone in, and we walked almost to the stairs before we had to stop. It took maybe 20 minutes to get an AWESOME back row night ride, and when we got off, the line was already through all the switchbacks. GREAT timing!

Next up, I still needed a beer. I waited at least 20 minutes in the sports bar with the bartenders running around like crazy, not having even two minutes to get me a beer. I gave up and we went down a little ways to a beer cart with a lot less options but only a five minute wait.

Armed with some liquid courage, I felt ready to try another maze, so we went to CarnEvil.

Fast forward, it went really well, we loved it. After that, we caught Hot Blooded, then hit up Backwoods Bayou, Adventure Express, Sorority House, Urgent Scare, Field of Screams, Slaughterhouse, and ended the night with a front row ride on Beast. Add those in with the mazes I did on opening weekend: Wolf Pack, Blackout, and KillMart, and now I've done all mazes except Cavern of Terror and the second half of Board 2 Death. I've definitely been contributing some great screams in the other mazes, but I swear I didn't feel like peacing out during any of the other mazes. So don't judge.

Okay, here are the few pics I did take.

IMG_4158.thumb.jpg.a5d6446bcaeba352c13a8f424c5ebea4.jpg

The evil of the thriller!

IMG_4166.thumb.jpg.ec2e6ec061c1a88bbfcbec9dc5284f3e.jpg

My friend's first time at Haunt, and he's already less scared than me!

IMG_4170.thumb.jpg.fd174ddb2be5f376c34d12933564217e.jpg

When darkness falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand...

IMG_4171.thumb.jpg.c87cd5fe5a3cd945a80e2a3cc08b7a45.jpg

Creatures crawl in search of blood

IMG_4173.thumb.jpg.58defc1ce9ed92b8ba98f776f95bb811.jpg

To terrorize your neighborhood!

IMG_4177.thumb.jpg.9d1bd3f0045e46cd7d8cbca0a8778377.jpg

And though you fight to stay alive

IMG_4178.thumb.jpg.9509f32c84e8cdcff5f48d13493899d3.jpg

Your body starts so shiver

IMG_4180.thumb.jpg.4ed0e461e0e28b9d12c51c58a0d3aa5b.jpg

For no mere mortal can resist

Does RMC suddenly have a monopoly on white crane trucks?

No, but judging solely from the lack of white crane trucks from other companies, RMC must have an exclusivity contract with white crane paint. Other companies can get white cranes, but only if RMC retires one and a different company buys it.

I also know every Cedar Fair park addition for the next 10 years, but they told me to keep it a secret.

RAWKIN_coaster38, this just reminds me that I still need to post my Mini-TR from the other week! I actually started once, and got halfway through, but accidentally hit the page refresh button, and lost it all, which discouraged me from doing it again for a while. But hopefully Wednesday morning I can get some time to finally post it! It looks like you had another great time there! Thanks for sharing!

Lmao hard!

KI seems pretty smart about making a lot of visible progress on their coasters early on. It acts as free advertisement for upcoming season to all of the late season visitors. Maybe it's just coincidence to get ahead of the weather, but either way, it works.