TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

(not for Haunt, but rather for awesome night rides on their coasters!)

I've seriously considered going to Kings island's Haunt event simply because of their hours. Those 1AM closings would give you so much time for Beast night rides that it's almost impossible to resist.

You should definitely do it! As I said, I did that last year, and it was awesome! Haunt at KI in general, just had a cooler vibe in the dark, than the Halloweekends at CP did. Of course KI coasters at night just come alive. Everybody knows about The Beast, Banshee, and even Diamondback (to a lesser extent), but smaller coasters like The Bat, Firehawk, and especially Adventure Express were much more fun than their daytime ride counterparts! If you decide to come still this year, especially if it's the 23rd or 7th, let me know!

Of course KI coasters at night just come alive. Everybody knows about The Beast, Banshee, and even Diamondback (to a lesser extent), but smaller coasters like The Bat, Firehawk, and especially Adventure Express were much more fun than their daytime ride counterparts!

I can't think of a single ride that I like more during the day than I do at night. Night rides are amazing on pretty much any coaster.

This event will be even more awesome next year, because then in addition to the legendary Beast rides, you'll get Mystic Timbers at night.

Of course KI coasters at night just come alive. Everybody knows about The Beast, Banshee, and even Diamondback (to a lesser extent), but smaller coasters like The Bat, Firehawk, and especially Adventure Express were much more fun than their daytime ride counterparts!

I can't think of a single ride that I like more during the day than I do at night. Night rides are amazing on pretty much any coaster.

I get what you're saying, and agree, to an extent. Heck, just driving in a car seems faster and more exciting at night!

What I was driving at though, regarding KI, is that some coasters, such as Backlot Stunt Coaster, Vortex, or The Racer, are better at night in the sense that yeah, it's dark so they're better. However, if I'm going on a Friday night, and want to get in as many awesome night rides on the coasters that really deliver then, I would likely ride those coasters I just mentioned while it's still light out, when I first get to the park. Obviously, Flight of Fear falls into category completely as well. But yes, night rides are just awesome, regardless!

But I disagree about driving at night. At speeds above 120mph it feels faster during the day because things that you would normally see are suddenly blurred. At night many things are too dark to see anyways.

True, but I've never driven remotely that fast, so it's irrelevant to my point!

And they will be adding one more coaster next year that I am sure will be yet another great coaster to ride in the dark.

I know that I have said before that I feel that Kings Island is one of the more overrated parks out there. But I will admit that it is WAY more fun at night and at nights during Haunt....it's like a totally different animal then.

Or maybe it's just because I'm a little more buzzed at night that makes rides more fun? Dunno.

But I disagree about driving at night. At speeds above 120mph it feels faster during the day because things that you would normally see are suddenly blurred. At night many things are too dark to see anyways.

True, but I've never driven remotely that fast, so it's irrelevant to my point!

Does 120 on TTD count? The trains are shaped like NHRA Top Fuel dragsters, if that helps.

I really like that it seems they're trying to preserve as much foliage as possible. Usually GCI's are placed on open cleared land. I'm sure if there has been removed trees they'll certainly replace them as well.

OH TRUST ME. it looks like theirs some tree's saved. But looking at where the lift and turn around will be, there is ALOT of dirt and stumps.

ALSO judging from where the prelift section is, the station assumes to be where the old funnel cake stand was.

Anyone hitting up the park for Haunt this weekend? Namely on Friday, because that's when I plan on going. It'll be my first time at KI Haunt and I'm totally psyched!

I will definitely be there Friday night, ready to go at 6. KI Haunt is fantastic, one of my favorite times of the year for amusement parks. Not to mention it looks like the weather will be fantastic all weekend.

Hey! I'll be there Friday night as well! I'd love to meet up with some fellow TPR members (and Fantasy Football players, in CoasterRench's case) there for some epic night riding! If you're interested, let me know via PM, and we can exchange numbers or something!