TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

What's up with KI and wanting to assign seats so badly on Banshee and adventure express? Usually you can get your own seat if you ask a few times, but it's still annoying.

Is this a new practice this season? I was there last year during Haunt, and they weren't assigning seats on either. I sure hope they (CF) desist with all the seat-assigning nonsense around the chain, as it's not logical, typically, and just needlessly irritates people (all people, GP that care, and enthusiasts alike.) I was very pleased to not see it once during my visit to CP last week, as they suggested a row with Valravn, but let me step to the side to wait for front on it at my request. Nice to see sensible courtesy prevail!

Yeah, they would assign rows to groups, but every time I asked for a certain row, they had no problem giving it to me. If they did I probably would have brought up the fact that I just waited so & so amount of time in line, I deserve to choose where I want to sit.

Whenever they've given me a hard time I've done this and it has worked.

Photos of everything going on around the park on labor day of 2016, construction video to come soon. Im going to assume once the park is closed for winter, that the train tracks and station will moved in the direction towards the Eiffel Tower to incorporate the station for Mystic Timbers.................i wont be surprised if this doesn't happen.

IMG_3457.thumb.JPG.39b9080b961729142e80ffef9c17bb49.JPG

Entrance for haunt has been constructed. Love the way this looks.

IMG_3459.thumb.JPG.f2797c4f2cf1c1d954573374f10e7158.JPG

Hot Blooded will be returning this year!

IMG_3460.thumb.JPG.ade5e823a06dfd365258f49dcb41339f.JPG

Ride / Haunt Graveyard pt.1

IMG_3461.thumb.JPG.dae99c7cec550217a74602f4d624ab2b.JPG

Ride/ Haunt graveyard pt.2

IMG_3463.thumb.JPG.2d0a633bdb18078fae8ee86dfcf13e3d.JPG

Sorority House entrance is up!

IMG_3464.thumb.JPG.b171a8b2054f76e03f69058bc578dc04.JPG

New entrance and location for Backwoods Bayou, Cornstalkers will not be trutning this year.

IMG_3465.thumb.JPG.800de1fb85f4cbadc5c95363fdb90ddf.JPG

Indian skeletons?

IMG_3467.thumb.JPG.e63dd70bcfa9b23860b17ad76df75b6e.JPG

Exit to Backwoods Bayou

IMG_3469.thumb.JPG.bebabf8082ee082bef534843baa9586f.JPG

Whats this through the trees? A Mystic Twig i think.......................

IMG_3470.thumb.JPG.026ba3f999716dfe156360af40857c67.JPG

Lets ride the train to find out ;)

IMG_3473.thumb.JPG.0121180657e1daeb1a948f45866c6bc1.JPG

Clearing near Tower 1 for white water and the left turn that goes behind the engine shed.

IMG_3475.thumb.JPG.89f140fae2227a5e43f1cb1717ec3ca4.JPG

Ello there Green Train, we're heading back to Rivertown

IMG_3479.thumb.JPG.efa288f825187fd25bd5c1a27a43f90d.JPG

Construction looking out at Lift hill, first drop and station location.

IMG_3482.thumb.JPG.0db082b5edd84e1c4faf96f1a12cf16c.JPG

old location of the funnel cake building.

IMG_3484.thumb.JPG.6c7a12fe8939ba17164715f67d6d5a72.JPG

looking out towards the station location for Mystic Timbers

Yeah, they would assign rows to groups, but every time I asked for a certain row, they had no problem giving it to me. If they did I probably would have brought up the fact that I just waited so & so amount of time in line, I deserve to choose where I want to sit.

Please don't. Have you ever worked in a park or with the public in general? Someone telling you they "deserve" something really makes you just want to hit something. The employee also "deserves" to be able to do the job they are being paid to do without people giving them crap about it.

Sorry - but that hit a button for me -

Carry on -

Love the Halloween Haunt pictures, I wanted to visit the park this past weekend to see the progress that they have made, due to family plans my plans were erased. I can't wait for Halloween Haunt, already have the baby sitter in place, pre-gaming destination picked out and ready to get my Fright Lane pass.

Please don't. Have you ever worked in a park or with the public in general? Someone telling you they "deserve" something really makes you just want to hit something. The employee also "deserves" to be able to do the job they are being paid to do without people giving them crap about it.

Sorry - but that hit a button for me -

Carry on -

If they did I probably would have brought up the fact that I just waited so & so amount of time in line, I deserve to choose where I want to sit.

And when that doesn't work I think you should throw yourself on the ground (hard), kick your legs, swing your arms, and cry like a little girl until you get what you want.

You too, except throw yourself over the railing.

Edited by prozach626

If they did I probably would have brought up the fact that I just waited so & so amount of time in line, I deserve to choose where I want to sit.

And when that doesn't work I think you should thrown yourself on the ground (hard), kick your legs, swing your arms, and cry like a little girl until you get what you want.

I believe Guy T Koepp's working method is calling the ride operator a racist bigot.

And when that doesn't work I think you should thrown yourself on the ground (hard), kick your legs, swing your arms, and cry like a little girl until you get what you want.

You too, except throw yourself over the railing.

I believe Guy T Koepp's working method is calling the ride operator a retarded, antisemitic, mysoginistic, racist, bigot who hates Whitey McWhite White too.

Fixed!

And, works every time!

I believe Guy T Koepp's working method is calling the ride operator a retarded, antisemitic, mysoginistic, racist, bigot who hates Whitey McWhite White too.

Fixed!

And, works every time!

Fixed!

And, works every time!

Why not just "protest" and burn a few buildings down?

Photos of everything going on around the park on labor day of 2016, construction video to come soon. Im going to assume once the park is closed for winter, that the train tracks and station will moved in the direction towards the Eiffel Tower to incorporate the station for Mystic Timbers.................i wont be surprised if this doesn't happen.

I'm sorry, but that picture of the skeletons has me thinking "Hampster Dance", maybe a Bones Remix.

So i Was at the park on Sunday and took the train around. They have a Giant peace of Concrete any one know what it is for in the middle of the Mystic Timbers Space near the train . I figure maybe something for the lift of part of the station but was not sure figure someone might know more.

So, I'm planning a trip back to KI during Haunt season (not for Haunt, but rather for awesome night rides on their coasters!), and wanted to check with the regulars regarding typical crowd expectations. I know Haunt crowds tend to get worse as it gets closer to Halloween, but I've also heard at some of them, they are really bad the first weekends in September as well. Is that true here at KI? Right now my two dates I'm looking at are both Friday nights, either the 23rd of September, or the 7th of October. Which do you think will be less crowded? Thanks for any and all input!

^ I would say the September date might not be as bad.

But you are playing it smart by going on Friday night and not Saturday. I would think that the crowds would be manageable on either of those two...especially given the fact that you aren't doing the haunts.

Like CP, Friday nights are usually pretty good for rides. But keep in mind being closer to the city, the crowd is primarily teenagers, so it just "feels" much busier than a Friday at CP.

I am looking at getting down there for a Friday as well. I have to fit it in between CP visits, and the big haunted houses I go to in NEOhio.

So, I'm planning a trip back to KI during Haunt season (not for Haunt, but rather for awesome night rides on their coasters!), and wanted to check with the regulars regarding typical crowd expectations. I know Haunt crowds tend to get worse as it gets closer to Halloween, but I've also heard at some of them, they are really bad the first weekends in September as well. Is that true here at KI? Right now my two dates I'm looking at are both Friday nights, either the 23rd of September, or the 7th of October. Which do you think will be less crowded? Thanks for any and all input!

Always do Friday night, with local teams playing football crowds are lighter than Saturday(and less annoying). Haunt does get busier the closer it gets to Halloween, so the earlier the better. We will be there on the 23rd as well.....and every Friday after that.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback! We are definitely locked into a Friday night, and I went on that night last year in mid-October, and it wasn't TOO bad crowd wise. I was just wondering if the 23rd would be busier than the 7th, for any particular reason. I'd prefer to go that date myself, if it isn't going to be busier than the later date. Maybe I will see you there, CoasterRench! That would be fun!

(not for Haunt, but rather for awesome night rides on their coasters!)

I've seriously considered going to Kings island's Haunt event simply because of their hours. Those 1AM closings would give you so much time for Beast night rides that it's almost impossible to resist.