TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I guess the seat belts were added due to the rattling that the trains produce

?????

Well, on Behemoth there is a significant amount of rattling caused which could "potentially" cause a restraint to come open. But, that is highly unlikely but, I believe that is one of the main reasons as to why Cedar Fair added seat belts to their B&M hyper coasters. I found Diamondback to be slightly smoother than Behemoth so I was quite surprised to see seat belts on it. But, I guess it can be kind of rough at times.

^ I can assure you that the "rattling" would not cause a restraint failure. I can also assure you that the seat belts are not there because of the "rattling."

You even said it yourself... Diamondback is "smoother" and it still has the belts, so even by your own logic the "rattling" is not the cause for the belts.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

^ I can assure you that the "rattling" would not cause a restraint failure. I can also assure you that the seat belts are not there because of the "rattling."

You even said it yourself... Diamondback is "smoother" and it still has the belts, so even by your own logic the "rattling" is not the cause for the belts.

I was never concerned about the restraints opening on any B&M coaster. But, there is some rattling on Diamondback. I never said it was completely smooth. I was just saying it could be one of the reasons as to why they added the seat belts to their hyper coasters for the 2014 season. But, I do understand that the seat belts were added to please the insurance company.

^ You say "also added" as if you still believe that the "rattling" has anything to do with it.

And if you were never concerned about B&M's restraints, then why did you say that the "rattling" could "'potentially' cause a restraint to come open."

You said one thing, now you are saying something else. So, I can't follow your argument if you have one.

^ You say "also added" as if you still believe that the "rattling" has anything to do with it.

And if you were never concerned about B&M's restraints, then why did you say that the "rattling" could "'potentially' cause a restraint to come open."

You said one thing, now you are saying something else. So, I can't follow your argument if you have one.

When I put things in quotations marks, it's my way of being sarcastic. Sorry for any confusions. Also, I was looking at the situation from a general park goers perspective as many people who have really no idea as to what the real reason is speculate this. Anyways, B&M hypers are amazing rides with or without seat belts. So, I'm done if you are!

They really need seatbelts on The Bat. All that swinging could potentially cause the restraints to fail.

No, you're perfectly safe and that would only reduce the hourly capacity of the coaster. But, they did have redundant belts on Vortex at Canada's Wonderland for a few years but, they were removed after the 2011 season which was a great thing!

What a fine example of how misinformation is spread. The department of education has decided that the last couple pages of this thread will now be shown to 3rd graders as a replacement for the "telephone game."

The park was open 5-10 yesterday, and all week I had planned to go and ride the coasters I missed last Sunday as well as get some night rides on Beast. However, when I woke up after a lucrative night of drinking, I really doubted I'd feel well enough to make it. By around 4 I still felt a little iffy, but thought what the heck, I'll give it a try.

I got to the park right around five and immediately noticed the lot was way less full than Sunday. Turns out, everything was a walk-on or one train wait all night. It was pretty hot and humid, but cooled down after an hour or so. Basically, a perfect evening for KI.

But would my head survive or would the mighty grip of hangover overtake my fun?

I figured the perfect way to test the fates would be to ride Firehawk and Flight of Fear in succession. As I not-so-gently lowered down on Firehawk, I knew this would be the ultimate hangover test. No going back now. But.... I loved it! Didn't have any roughness, it was terrifying and cool and different.

I was a little nervous about Flight of Fear, and it turned out awesome as well, not too rough for me at all! Later, I came back and ended up front row on both. Firehawk was really cool in the front and reminded me a bit of X2 as we crested the top.

After that, I hit up Diamondback, a one-train wait for the back row. Wow, great airtime this ride in the back. Speaking of seatbelts...did not detract from the experience at all, and I actually had a lot more room than I probably should have allowed myself. I ended up riding twice more in the 2nd to back without going around, since there were other single riders.

Fast forward, I ended up riding Stunt Coaster (which I apparently didn't do my research on because I didn't know it had a launch and indoor section, and I loved it!), Flying Ace (as the only one on the train, LOL), Flyers (but didn't want to go too crazy with the kids around), Woodstock (actually had some airtime!), Invertigo (my liver hurt but not my head), Banshee front and back (way better in the front and I don't normally say that!), Drop Tower (I'm all about the drop), Firehawk and FoF again, and Rock n Roll (fun little flat) all before dark. I even stopped for dinner and meandered around a bit. It was turning out to be a truly #bestKIday and then....

Darkness had fallen upon the park. In the distance, lightning lit the clouds. My soul called me towards something in the woods. I knew if I went, I would never be the same again. But I couldn't resist, it was time.

The line for front row of Beast was a bit long, but I knew had to be done. About a half hour later, I boarded with another single rider. He had seen the other side and had tales to tell. As we crested the first drop, I knew my life would never be the same. I left that ride a new woman, enlightened, glad to be alive.

The line had considerably shortened but I knew the fireworks were soon and I didn't know if I should test the fates. The ride op even warned us that we might be just past the cut-off point, but the fates looked down and smiled upon this humble coaster enthusiast. I paired with a group of 3 other enthusiasts, and the guy and I were the last front-row riders before the fireworks. Such a great way to end the night.

It changed my life, really it did.

And that was my #bestKIday. My hangover was completely cured, and I am sooo glad I decided to go! Here are a few pics:

IMG_3995.thumb.jpg.fb01550d4703780b6422f45f14f535ea.jpg

On this episode of 2020, a woman decides to visit KI after a long night of drinking. But will her trip end in disaster, or will she be forever changed? Stay tuned as we uncover the secrets of Kings Island.

IMG_3996.thumb.jpg.2fd36f3fd290ee42883fcdba1bcaac47.jpg

*gentle music playing*

IMG_3997.thumb.jpg.07b4821c8314062ff30f6cbad78dc1a9.jpg

"Badger badger badger.. AGHH SNAKKEEE!!! SNAKEKEE!!!"

IMG_3998.thumb.jpg.780f919628720929f2798c84f094c5c7.jpg

Diamondback may make you wet if you ride it in the back

IMG_4003.thumb.jpg.8e13069eab2a6f2a986c17138b7a2e65.jpg

"It was a wild crazy insane experience, it's like Jekyll and Hyde, yo!"

IMG_4004.thumb.jpg.a448bb24305a3d0f680613612fb66ff0.jpg

IMG_4006.thumb.jpg.a83a3d40a92e4ee357fdd90301a42656.jpg

"Ooh Windseeker looks nice at night, should I go?" "No, don't lose sight of what's important in life. Go to it, it's time."

IMG_4014.thumb.jpg.31167d7ae9d8dcb49e9451fc04cb6c0a.jpg

Post-awakening fireworks show

IMG_4017.thumb.jpg.6fe8df70236533ca08cdfc63c666fe53.jpg

Look at that stiff, pink rod. So majestic

IMG_4021.thumb.jpg.976be7bbfbc5c375d0022dc7062cfb30.jpg

I really, really can't wait to come back here during Haunt!

^ I've noticed that the Bier Garten can also help with the hangover blues at KI.

Vortex? Ehhh...not so much.

Glad that you were able to get your night ride front seat on The Beast. And yes I agree...it is a life altering experience!

You can see on the webcam that Mystic Timbers has gone vertical!

For all the lazy guys out there

[attachment=0]14203114_10155079093928368_6009932914801580847_n.jpg[/attachment]

Awesome! That is a little earlier than I expected!