TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

I have asthma and I find the claim of an attack followed up 5-10 minutes later with tons of yelling and screaming rather dubious.

I have also put on a ton of weight in the past year and have a phobia of not being able to breathe. If the restraints are so tight that I am at all uncertain about lasting 15-30 minutes in them I get out, it is just not worth it. I refuse to be stapled in, a little assistance is ok but no calling over the the biggest op I on the station to put all his weight in it. I appreciate the offer, but no thanks, I am there to have fun not be miserable for 5 minutes or longer.

I am to big right now for most rides, nobodies fault but my own. I hope she was ejected.

I'm glad to hear that you would handle a situation like this like a human being. It was literally so tight on her, it wouldn't come up, even when she tried pulling it down. I know those restraints can be restrictive, but this woman went OFF.

And no, sadly, she wasn't ejected from what I saw

What a great couple of days. While today had much longer lines, there was much more to tell about. So, my two stories from today:

First one, not exactly a story but anyway, we rode Diamondback when we got there, around 11:00. Wow, both the ride and its crew were HAULING. William from Diamondback, if you ever see this, God bless you, you're amazing. If any of you were watching this morning, and maybe even now, (I don't know, we ended on Banshee) they were dispatching around the time that the train in front hit the MCBR. William was on the mic, and he constantly repeated "Everyone in the station, see those brakes over there? We don't want a train to ever have to stop on those. If they do stop, that means a longer wait for you, so get on quickly, etc." This really did work, it increased the overall energy of riders, and promoted them to move much faster than normal. Yesterday, I know it was stacking every time, so this was a major improvement. Huge props to William, leading everyone, and the other ops, who were also running extremely quick.

Second story happened on Banshee. We were waiting in line for the front when someone on the teal train barfed. They had to clean that one up, taking about 5-10 minutes. Well, they finally got it cleaned and dispatch. The blue train rolls in. A bigger lady, who had to be slammed into the seat with the full body weight of a man. So, he also has to push her restraint down to get it to release. Well, she gets up in a rage of fury, storming over to the operator room/door, pounding on the door, ready to kill someone. She screams "YOU F*CKER!", only to receive no response from that operator. So she storms down the stairs that lead up into that room, and stops the next worker. She screams in his face saying that she was having an asthma attack. She said that he "ignored her cry for help" and didn't let her out. She said goes on to say, to every op, and scream it, "You should be ashamed! All of you! Shame on you!" This also included backup from her smaller friend, saying things like "Yeah! Ashamed!" As both of them furiously wave and point their fingers at everyone. They finally quit, and leave. I'm pretty sure they harassed the picture people in the gift shop too, as we saw her outside of the station while we were being loaded. She was screaming something at people around the area. Probably telling people around not to ride, or something along those lines. Now, I get asthma and all that is very nerve wracking, and all, but what would you like him to do!? He obviously has to clean that up, and unless you would prefer barf all over everything, you might wanna stop. Also, they warn you about risks that you're taking by riding and when to avoid it if you have certain conditions. Gotta love GP people. This belongs in the GP thread I'd say. Maybe I'll post this story there too But there was a positive to this story. There were two ops together as my train pulled in. I heard him say "Shaaaaaaame!" and that honestly made my day

So there was my #kibestday !!

Glad you had a good day at the park, I was up there yesterday for a bit as well. Weather was perfect, park was crowded, but still was able to get in a few rides for the day.

It's extremely upsetting when you see guests act like that in any park, they attempt to ruin the day for anybody that they possibly can, whether it be themselves, employees or other guests. Unfortunately it happens more often than not, especially with people trying to fit on rides and more often blaming you or the ride. I have heard people claim that the harnesses on the ride have shrunk since last year, I have heard that I am doing it on purpose because I dislike them, the excuses are endless for people that have issues fitting on rides, and want to place the blame on anyone that they possibly can.

I would have made a point to laugh hysterically at her until she noticed. Then, I would have had Emily take a picture of me with her screaming in the background.

I really have been known to react this way to ridiculous people who provide free entertainment. For reference, this was me laughing hysterically and pointing at a group of hennish middle aged women yelling and arguing like crazy people in public at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, Fl on Friday! They didn't look too pleased when they figured out what I was doing, but I was plenty satisfied.

On a more park related note, the webcams are depressing. Summer seems like it is winding down looking at the empty park on the Diamondback webcam only a day after coming home from vacation to cool weather at home. I know we'll get some more warm weather, but our vacation season definitely feels over for my wife and I.

God, I hope at least that his profile age is accurate, but I have my doubts.

Same here based on his other posts. They seem to be too well worded. This probably isn't the place to talk about that as it's entirely off topic and I'm sorry about that but I'm officially creeped the hell out.

/\ Oh, Chris Hanson. Love. We're going to KI Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Got Fast Lane Plus for Saturday just to be safe. Two questions for KI experts: Is there early entry for Season Pass holders? If not, what's the best plan of attack when the gates open on Friday? Is there early entry to the water park for Season Pass holders?

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Same here based on his other posts. They seem to be too well worded. This probably isn't the place to talk about that as it's entirely off topic and I'm sorry about that but I'm officially creeped the hell out.

I agree with Coasterbill, so I award him a

Yikes I didn't even think about that... there are some messed up people out there.

Anyways...

/\ Oh, Chris Hanson. Love. We're going to KI Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Got Fast Lane Plus for Saturday just to be safe. Two questions for KI experts: Is there early entry for Season Pass holders? If not, what's the best plan of attack when the gates open on Friday? Is there early entry to the water park for Season Pass holders?

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

Yes there is early entry for Gold and Platinum pass holders. Not sure which rides it is on though. There is also early entry for gold and platinum pass holders for the water park. The new slide complex and the new wave pool are the two attractions available.

Also, after early ride time on Friday morning I would head over to Firehawk and Flight of Fear right away. Those two generally have the longest lines. After that I would head to beast and diamondback.

What a great couple of days. While today had much longer lines, there was much more to tell about. So, my two stories from today:

First one, not exactly a story but anyway, we rode Diamondback when we got there, around 11:00. Wow, both the ride and its crew were HAULING. William from Diamondback, if you ever see this, God bless you, you're amazing. If any of you were watching this morning, and maybe even now, (I don't know, we ended on Banshee) they were dispatching around the time that the train in front hit the MCBR. William was on the mic, and he constantly repeated "Everyone in the station, see those brakes over there? We don't want a train to ever have to stop on those. If they do stop, that means a longer wait for you, so get on quickly, etc." This really did work, it increased the overall energy of riders, and promoted them to move much faster than normal. Yesterday, I know it was stacking every time, so this was a major improvement. Huge props to William, leading everyone, and the other ops, who were also running extremely quick.

Second story happened on Banshee. We were waiting in line for the front when someone on the teal train barfed. They had to clean that one up, taking about 5-10 minutes. Well, they finally got it cleaned and dispatch. The blue train rolls in. A bigger lady, who had to be slammed into the seat with the full body weight of a man. So, he also has to push her restraint down to get it to release. Well, she gets up in a rage of fury, storming over to the operator room/door, pounding on the door, ready to kill someone. She screams "YOU F*CKER!", only to receive no response from that operator. So she storms down the stairs that lead up into that room, and stops the next worker. She screams in his face saying that she was having an asthma attack. She said that he "ignored her cry for help" and didn't let her out. She said goes on to say, to every op, and scream it, "You should be ashamed! All of you! Shame on you!" This also included backup from her smaller friend, saying things like "Yeah! Ashamed!" As both of them furiously wave and point their fingers at everyone. They finally quit, and leave. I'm pretty sure they harassed the picture people in the gift shop too, as we saw her outside of the station while we were being loaded. She was screaming something at people around the area. Probably telling people around not to ride, or something along those lines. Now, I get asthma and all that is very nerve wracking, and all, but what would you like him to do!? He obviously has to clean that up, and unless you would prefer barf all over everything, you might wanna stop. Also, they warn you about risks that you're taking by riding and when to avoid it if you have certain conditions. Gotta love GP people. This belongs in the GP thread I'd say. Maybe I'll post this story there too But there was a positive to this story. There were two ops together as my train pulled in. I heard him say "Shaaaaaaame!" and that honestly made my day

So there was my #kibestday !!

Yeah. The woman totally overreacted, however I am bringing this up for another reason. When I was at Thorpe Park, someone was sick on the car (yuck) but before they cleaned it up, first they dispatched the (almost) empty cart with the sick in it, in order to let everyone off in the further back carts until everyone was off and the sick cart was back in the unload bay. It then took over half an hour to clean up all the sick and I think it was a very good idea to let everyone off.

I'll be making my first trip to Kings Island this Sunday. Did a quick search on here for the best plan of attack, but couldn't find anything recently. Can anyone give me some tips about the best order to knock things out (like hitting Maverick first at CP and Nighthawk first at Carowinds)? And I read that The Beast is best at night, but sunset isn't until after close (8pm), so I might try to hit that last. But then I read it closes early and during fireworks. So what should I expect? Thanks!

Edited by HavenHamilton