TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

It could drop and come back up . . .

There's no area for it to do that. Most of it is held up by supports.

As far as the "rendering" shows. Do you think they would actually make things that obvious?

I'm assuming from the renderings that Mystic Timbers will have wooden supports and not steel? I'm sorry if this has been addressed. There has been a lot of discussion in this thread since last night so I might have missed it.

It's hilarious how one person says "drop track" and everyone jumps on board. I don't see it happening at all.

As for the contents of the Mystic Shed, has anyone considered the possibility of a Wonder Mountain Guardian type Triotech shoot-em-up dark ride? This shed could easily be bigger than the renderings show cause it's just a rendering. I'd pay good money for airtime and the ability to defeat some cg tree spirits in the same ride.

How would this realistically work? Are they going to attach some laser guns in the trains? Seriously I want to know where you're coming from or if this is just some imaginary fantasy because this makes no sense and they're not going to add 60+ seconds to the cycle time spent in a shed.

Whoa... Relax, geek.

I don't think a park needs a mega thrill coaster every five years, but dont tell me that you should charge me close to $60 to get into your park, nickel and dime me with services such as Fast Lane Plus, overpriced food, etc. and then tell me nothing has changed since 2011 when I payed $50 to get in the exact same park and ride almost the exact same rides. That's BS in my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

The admission prices obviously aren't high enough to get you to stop going. If you're that upset with your park, why not use your opinion where it counts and spend your dollar elsewhere? You can cry all you want about your local park not adding a new attraction, but until you stop spending your money there, who cares? I haven't gone to my local park, SFSTL, in five years. Put your money where your mouth is.

I wish they'd picked a more marketable name. It should have been telling when they didn't bother trademarking it (as of yet). I'm just thinking of the other coasters themed to evil vibes/plants/forests and they have much better names. (Verboten, Thi13teen, etc)

The ride itself looks great - but that name is a bust.

Even calling it CREEPER would have been better

I personally think the name would have been cooler if it had just been Mystic. But in all honesty, whatever the name is, the ride looks great. Hopefully I can get back to KI some day lol!

It's hilarious how one person says "drop track" and everyone jumps on board. I don't see it happening at all.

As for the contents of the Mystic Shed, has anyone considered the possibility of a Wonder Mountain Guardian type Triotech shoot-em-up dark ride? This shed could easily be bigger than the renderings show cause it's just a rendering. I'd pay good money for airtime and the ability to defeat some cg tree spirits in the same ride.

How would this realistically work? Are they going to attach some laser guns in the trains? Seriously I want to know where you're coming from or if this is just some imaginary fantasy because this makes no sense and they're not going to add 60+ seconds to the cycle time spent in a shed.

Whoa... Relax, geek.

My bad, got a little heated there for a sec

Honestly though, I think there's just so little information at this point that it's anyone's guess. I'm just going to wait and see, and hopefully I can get back to Kings Island next year and this'll be that #3 ride I was hoping for at the park. It looks like a really fun ride to say the least and anything with airtime, quick pacing and a ride through the woods at this park is a winner in my book.

People saying that it can't be a drop track because the track that follows is the same height should bare this in mind.

Yes the existing coasters that have drop tracks continue onto a lower piece of track, but the drop track itself always returns back to it's original position. So why can't this one do it with the train still on the track? Could also mean that the track could drop, and then be launched back up to it's original position.

Definitely looks to me like it will be a drop track in there. The track is at a good height for one when it enters the building. Yeh the renderings don't show room for a drop track but they are wanting to keep it secret, so the renderings may not be totally accurate.

I'm assuming from the renderings that Mystic Timbers will have wooden supports and not steel? I'm sorry if this has been addressed. There has been a lot of discussion in this thread since last night so I might have missed it.

That is correct, it will be wooden supports and not steel.

Those trains seem really out of place. Why do they look like vintage cars? Not a big fan of those trains but the track layout looks pretty dang fun. If the pacing is good then I think this will be a great ride.

People saying that it can't be a drop track because the track that follows is the same height should bare this in mind.

Yes the existing coasters that have drop tracks continue onto a lower piece of track, but the drop track itself always returns back to it's original position. So why can't this one do it with the train still on the track? Could also mean that the track could drop, and then be launched back up to it's original position.

Definitely looks to me like it will be a drop track in there. The track is at a good height for one when it enters the building. Yeh the renderings don't show room for a drop track but they are wanting to keep it secret, so the renderings may not be totally accurate.

And that's why i mentioned perhaps it would be some sort of turbo-drop.. The train enters the shed... some audio is overheard, maybe some effects like trees falling down, and the train drops 15 feet or so... and then launches back up... then moves forward out of there finishing the scene and then hitting the next block.

Just a thought... maybe there is a turntable in there that rotates the train so that it can run a second time backwards. It may well explain the third train, and in the announcement it was said that this ride was inspired by Beast AND Racer. Racer did have a backwards side at one point.

Just a thought... maybe there is a turntable in there that rotates the train so that it can run a second time backwards. It may well explain the third train, and in the announcement it was said that this ride was inspired by Beast AND Racer. Racer did have a backwards side at one point.

So you mean like turn in the shed, and then roll into the station backwards? Then load and dispatch backwards, alternating forward and backward?

If this is what you mean, I'm not sure at all, but don't trains have to be fitted to run backwards vs forwards? I thought I remembered hearing something like new trains when SF parks get NAMTAB. But I guess they could potentially, somehow design it to run both backwards and forwards if the train design is an issue.

I really doubt that'll happen... although it would be pretty cool.

The only thing better than the actual coaster announcements is laughing at the flamboyantly positive and overly negative amount of nerdism on the boards following an announcement. If you base your guess on how good a coaster this is going to be just from reading the comments, you would determine that this coaster is will be anywhere between the best and most 'magical' coaster in the world and a huge pile of crap with a terrible name.

I used to find it irritating, but now that it has become so predictable it's just plain entertaining.

I Will upload my pics and videos of construction so far, and announcement video, but THERE WILL BE ANOTHER ANNOUNCMENT IN AUGUST FOR SOMETHING ELSE COMING IN 2017.

Literally shocked us all last night when Don said that this was one of two things coming for 2017. But overall, This is a great addition to the park, whether you love it or hate it. I may return to the park to work next year to try to work on the ride

My guess is that either it is a medium-sized flat ride or (less likely) a Winterfest announcement. I think just about everyone here is dubious about two coasters for 2017.

We shot some 360 footage for the park this morning and they wasted no time posting it to their Facebook page:

Be sure to watch it on your phone (and click the HD button!)

Please go share it on your Facebook page as well!